SVA vs Ringling in CA - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SVA vs Ringling in CA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm planning on visiting Ringling in April but I'll only be going if Ringling in the end is cheaper than SVA which I highly doubt ^^;;. So I won't know until I receive my Financial aid Package.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jdecc View Post
    +And do you know wheter I can transfer to another major? Because I'm also interested in illustration.
    At Ringling, people rarely have problems transferring from CA to Illustration, or any of the other majors really. I know personally know several who switched to illustration after freshman year when they decided animation wasn't really for them or wanted to do more experimental work. It is pretty difficult to transfer into CA or GAD though because of the higher portfolio demands and limited space. Trying to switch to illustration after sophomore year and maintain junior status is pretty difficult though unless your work is really solid, and by that time you would have missed out on some foundational curriculum.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybeth View Post
    At Ringling, people rarely have problems transferring from CA to Illustration, or any of the other majors really..
    Similar situation at SVA, the foundation years are pretty much the same between the two departments except that CA majors take an intro to computer animation course instead of painting.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm having the exactly same problemmm :-(( I thought deciding school would be just happy and easy..

I got into SVA and Ringling too, and both of them seem like excellent schools and don't know which one will be the better choice for me..
    Have you decided which school to go yet??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 2