Sketchbook: Liquid Lockbox
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Liquid Lockbox

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Liquid Lockbox

Alright, so I'm always putting off starting my sketchbook, but I finally figure now or never. I'll post my recent sketches and work as they come up. My wacom is busted so everything I paint I have to either use elements at a friends house or my mouse at my own, so it's a great challenge. I don't wanna post a bunch of old stuff, so I'll only post the line art I colored last night, and a shaded sketch from a week or so ago so you can see where I'm at and help me progress past there. I'll update as I create more stuffs.

Reaching over what we need to get what we don't.
    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liquid Penguin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i liked the black and white sketch.. this is a good start.. but also dnt be shy to post older drawings.. it will show ppl how u started and how u become now.. and for urself to see ur progress .. keep on drawing

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, this took so long. Getting my sketchbooks, trying to organize them, choose various pictures, and scan them on my angry, tired scanner. Emotional roller coaster.

This is what started it all. This "Cat Girl" was the first picture I made once I had decided I wanted to be uh...a professional drawer, and purchased my first 5x8 sketchbook. X) I simply could not let talent like this be wasted.

So yeah, that's mostly my humble beginnings. Up to my humble present day, almost haha. I have about a years worth of sketching I did on computer paper because I was tired of sketch books, so I can scan that in too before I get to my current sketch book. I didn't post any of the old photoshop work because 90% of it was lost in the great hard drive crash of 2009.

Sketchbook

thesadpencil is offline Unfortunate Incident of Trial and Error Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    off to a good start here, you've got some really cool concepts in here, and I really like the detail you put into some of them. however I'd recommend you brush up on your anatomy a bit though, it will help out the feel and look of your characters immensely. I'd highly recommend either bridgman or loomis books for anatomy, they are very helpful. another good think is posemaniacs.com its a site that has multiple gesture poses, and it gives you 30 seconds to sketch each pose, it really helps a lot with developing different poses, and getting quick at putting down the initial gestures for your drawings. keep up the good work and dont stop drawing!

To live is to create, to create is to live. Without art and music, I do not know how I would get by in my day to day life.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115997

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I've probably done about 150 pages @100 poses/page from pose maniacs since these sketchbooks took place. In fact, you can even see some pose maniacs practice on the sketches towards the bottom that are only a little over a year old.

However, even if I wake up and do like posemaniacs every morning, I've always wanted to do loomis and bridgeman stuff. I can never find their books! Is there a hidden resource I could use to find some of their stuff online?

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, first of all can someone tell me if there's an easy way to uh, say put 4-6 of these pages on one page without taking the scans to photoshop and manually resizing them? I feel bad being lazy and just taking up mile long posts.

Anyways, this is my recent stuff, finally got ahold of bridgemans, some light posemaniacs, and a DnD project I'm illustrating currently.

Sketchbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Liquid Penguin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im so jealous, your art is everything I want my art to be. Hah. Glad to see your posting frequently. When posting there is a little paper clip when you're in advanced post mode, it places the attachments into the post and you can write in between them. Also why not just scan your images at a smaller size and quality if you're worried about post size, but I think they're fine currently, it's good to see details. Your linework is great, you have wonderful control over your lines, but lets see some use of the side of the pencil, big blocks of tone and shade. Pump it up dude.

-Red

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also get some markers and do some traditional colouring!

-Red

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks fer the crit! I'll get on it asap

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More practice. (The marker colored pic is just marker practice, using someone elses picture as a base to compare my coloring against. It is not my own piece of art)

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Liquid Penguin For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.