Art: The Flags of AU Earth

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

The Flags of AU Earth

Hello, everyone!

I just joined up, and wanted to jump right in, because I have some flags that I want to share with you. I am working on an AU (alternate universe) story, where some nations of the Earth are a little different, and I have been making flags for the various nations in the story, starting with the major to super powers. So below is my work. I will be adding to it as I make new designs.

The Australian Confederacy

The Arab League

The Nippon (Japanese) Empire

The Consolidated States of Mexico

The People's Union of China

More tomorrow. Comments/questions/critique are welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    They look pretty decent, but being Australian I'm a bit worried about the Australian confederacy. I don't think we'll ever change the flag from predominantly blue, and even if we did I marvel at it's similarity to the Chinese flag... given that we've been noticing how much we've become China's little bum buddy in the mining industry over the last few years.

What's the back story to the Australian confederacy?

Also, leave the Union Jack in

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damascus57 View Post
    They look pretty decent, but being Australian I'm a bit worried about the Australian confederacy. I don't think we'll ever change the flag from predominantly blue, and even if we did I marvel at it's similarity to the Chinese flag... given that we've been noticing how much we've become China's little bum buddy in the mining industry over the last few years.

What's the back story to the Australian confederacy?

Also, leave the Union Jack in
    LOL... thanks, I'm glad you generally like them so far. Trust me, the intention was not to make the Aussie flag resemble the Chinese flag in any way... but I chose the colors because they just looked nice. I felt the red and gold gave it a "regal" feel, without being blatantly tied to the British flag.

I'm still working on the backstory for many of the "groups" of nations, and the Australian Confederacy is one of them. It's basically a smaller version of the European Union, comprised of small local and nearby island nations. The Australian Confederacy is a democracy, and is a member of the Pan-Pacific Reach, another group of small island nations along the Pacific Rim.

Thanks
    Here are two more for the day:

The United States of America

The Pan-Pacific Reach

More to come.

Thanks
    You seem to like triangles from what I see from most of the flags. What's the concept of the alternate universe flags?

A flag represents something so I wanna know the concept behind each flag.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeejay21 View Post
    You seem to like triangles from what I see from most of the flags. What's the concept of the alternate universe flags?

A flag represents something so I wanna know the concept behind each flag.
    No problem... I'll give you the concepts/meaning behind the three I have worked out so far:

The United States of America

- The blue field represents the Atlantic Ocean

- The large central white star represents the origin point of England

- The 13 smaller stars represent the 13 colonies which sprung from England

- The two red triangles represent the first two great wars... the American Revolution, and the Civil War, and the blood that was spilled for freedom

- The large white triangle represents the hope for peace and a bright future that emerged from out of the bloodshed of those two wars

The People's Union of China

- The red field represents revolution

- The sickle and hammer represent the Communist government

- The lone golden triangle, wide at the bottom, coming to a point at the top, represents unity towards a single higher goal... the large masses at the bottom, through work and unity, blaze a path to a singular future, and aspire to ascend ever higher, and build towards the Communist ideal

The Nippon (Japanese) Empire

- The aqua rectangle represents the ocean, and Japan's island status

- The white rectangle represents the sky

- The red central circle represents both Japan and the Sun

- The eight small gold stars represent the eight administrative divisions of the Japanese government

I am still working out the backgrounds for the other flags. EDIT: Yeah, I do like triangles, and I felt it would be a nice visual twist if the AU Earth used triangle forms on flags as regularly as we use rectangular forms on ours. But some AU flags are identical to our own... the German flag, for instance, is totally unchanged from our own current German flag here.

Last edited by BruceAdama; March 8th, 2011 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks
    I love these, and i love the triangles... but only for the unions of different countries. Since we live in a world where most these countries aren't united under one flag, the triangular shapes give it a unification feeling that you don't have to explain to the audience. Not sure if thats why you went with them or not but it works imo.

Thanks
    ^

Thanks. Here's one that fans of the X-BOX 360 game Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation will recognize... the Republic of Emmeria.

Thanks
    Nice designs I like it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.