Sketchbook: Lawless Lands - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Lawless Lands

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depression is not that fun. Having gone through that and also some difficult sickness, I can honestly say that I'm not sure if I'd be sane today if it wasn't for art. Though most of the time causes a lot of anxiety, there is something healing in knowing that you'll always have interesting things to draw and ponder. It doesn't matter how old you are or what you look like. It's just you and a whole universe of things to imagine.

You are a great artist. Fuck pressure. Just have fun. All the best wishes!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikko Voipio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 941 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, believe me i have been to same roller coaster many times in my life.
    And many times i wanted to quit and just don't give a fuck about art anymore.
    But i keep pushing my self over and over again.
    And drinking, more and more over the years.
    It got better over time, talking to close friends and meeting new people/artist helped me allot.
    So my advice is, just try to relax, do you art without pressure, try to have fun with it.

You are very good, i love your stuff, so keep on rocking

M

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stopping by to say that your work is really inspirational! I hope I can get this good someday.

And about needing to love art again, I know that feeling. Just go crazy and do whatever you feel like, find the gem that defines your work, and just go with that. Somebody will pay you for what you love to do. The passion always shines through the work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeopleEveryday For This Useful Post:

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i would just like to add my 2 cents into the mix here... being depressed sucks. it is like being in quicksand, the more you focus on the drowning and struggling, the quicker you will descend. my father and i both have some serious bi-polar issues, and its never easy trying to pull yourself out of that funk. but i have to say that you seem to be handling it well so far. just keep doing what you have been doing, collecting art, scribbling down ideas with a pencil, try drawing or painting something for a loved one, even a goofy doodle with a note or something can really brighten someone elses day (and in turn will make you feel happier too). but however you go about it, just know that it is not a simple hurdle to just leap over... its more like a mountain that you are going to have to climb. i have been climbing it for years now, and everytime i fall back down i just tell myself to take it slowly, and that only the people who have truly had to face struggles and hardships will achieve their goals. so lace up those boots and face life head on man, i got faith in you!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugelbend View Post
    Maybe I'll be happier with a normal 9-5 job.
    could be. try it and see for yourself. alot of my motivation currently comes from the fresh experience that im withering in such jobs. therefore im currently mastering hurdles (because i have to) ive never seen in reach before, yet i know the alternatives and that id rather starve than doing a clerk job again. for me doing art as a job is really demanding and exhausting (probably is for everyone, yet most seem to perform better especially if the stress level rises ). sometimes though, we need to explore other paths and even deadends to find the right one to get where we want. i wouldnt neglect the possibility of doing such a job for a while. the worst thing that could happen is, that you come to know what you definitely dont want.
    in a rather bad case scenario, doing art as a job is shitty... but everything else is shitty aswell, yet minus the art part.

your art aint the problem... its great! regain that momentum and youre save imo .

Last edited by sone_one; May 9th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
    newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sone_one For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Members who have read this thread: 24