painter problems

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Angry painter problems

hey

i've been an avid user of painter since i started digital painting, but i've only ever used 9.5 and it has been great and i've produced some decent work that has helped me gain a great job.

but at work when i'm forced to use a trail version of 11, i have ran into some major problems that has affected my work, for example it feels like there's a lag whenever i lay down a brushstroke and i also get some brush ghost residue left all over the canvas, also at times, the brush makes random dabs whenever i start to speed things up. it almost seems like it's running out of RAMs.

The thing is, the computer at work has 8 gig but my own laptop only has 4 and i've never experienced such problems when i'm using 9.5.

i've browse the net for advices and to see if other users have ran into similar problems and i see many similar problems on the corel forum, problems with no solution.

i'm hoping one of you might know whats up, this shit is driving me nuts.

also the IT guys tried to get me to use a mac hoping it would solve the problem, the problem is not as severe but it's still driving me crazy and painter 10 crashes often on the mac.

i'm using an intious 4 windows xp at work , vista on my laptop

HELP!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What version of the Wacom driver are you using? Have you tried any other versions?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherbeard View Post
    What version of the Wacom driver are you using? Have you tried any other versions?
    the latest one

i've also tried intious 3 but it was pretty much the same

Thanks
    have you installed the updates for painter 11? It should he hotfix 1, fixing mostly stray brush strokes issues, and service pack 1, fixing a lot of other crap going on there.
    I still get random brush after-images with painter 10, so I guess it's still there in 11;
    also, there're a few other still unfixable bugs, like brush selector panel going off, and broken screen rendering, that will result in chunks of image not updating while zooming/flipping image

I'd suggest getting a used copy of painter 9,5 is you still can hunt it down, or bearing with this one... Personally, I skipped 11 after playing with trial version.

By the way, painter can only use 2 GB of ram at this point.. but sometimes, when there're complicated brush calculations involved, it is probably running out of ram like you said.
    fingers crossed for 64-bit painter 12.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    have you installed the updates for painter 11? It should he hotfix 1, fixing mostly stray brush strokes issues, and service pack 1, fixing a lot of other crap going on there.
    I still get random brush after-images with painter 10, so I guess it's still there in 11;
    also, there're a few other still unfixable bugs, like brush selector panel going off, and broken screen rendering, that will result in chunks of image not updating while zooming/flipping image

I'd suggest getting a used copy of painter 9,5 is you still can hunt it down, or bearing with this one... Personally, I skipped 11 after playing with trial version.

By the way, painter can only use 2 GB of ram at this point.. but sometimes, when there're complicated brush calculations involved, it is probably running out of ram like you said.
    fingers crossed for 64-bit painter 12.

cheers for the reply, i've been doing a bit of research and came across this...

http://painterfactory.com/forums/t/2...px?PageIndex=2
    note the last post

can anyone confirm this? i'm not at work right now...so a 32 bit XP system is suppose to be good if i have the COMPATIBILITY box ticked?

Thanks
    I'm not sure what he is referring to exactly, and how bad was his lag on windows 7x64
    but what happened with me when painter 11 was just released - I installed it on windows vistax32 system;
    the program itself was working nicely during the very first session, but the brushes already were not + random brush strokes were already present + it had a terrible CPU bug that was overloading one of my cpu's with random shit, even when painter was not an active window (this was later fixed with SP1, a year after release);
    than, a few launches later, the entire program's behaviour became way slower - menus started lagging, alt+ctrl brush resizing was giving me a lag, brushes became less responsive as well.
    A few other users confirmed this thing as well, and I got rid of p. 11 without upgrading.
    mac os version also had interface slowdowns for me, but didn't show any stray dabs issue.

right now, I'm on win 7-64, and I have both painter 6.1 and painter 10 and both are working exactly as they did on vista x32 and - in case with painter 6 - on windows xp ages before
    except painter 6.1 runs in compatibility mode and crashes less on win7, plus, rendered brush types (camelhairs, pallete knives, etc) are working faster

so basically, what I'm trying to say - if you have an earlier version of painter that you're comfortable to work with, stay with it, unless you absolutely need painter's recent features or there's no way to run old version on current hardware
    (for example, I'm not sure if it's possible to run painter versions before v. X on intel macs and get decent speeds from rosetta - they will most probably perform like a cow, killing any hope for more or less professional usage)

four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Angry

ok, so i've manage to hunt down a second hand copy of 9 but i heard that 9 is quite shitty but it gets a free downloadable upgrade to 9.5.

where can i find this "free" upgrade? it's no longer on the corel site.

it needs to be COMPLETELY LEGAL as i'll be using it for some possible high profile industry project and the studio can't take any risks.

Thanks
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...l+Painter+IX.5

by the way, the 25 % sale off painter 11 campaign is ending on april, 24th... painter 12 getting closer?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.