Art: Two Pin-up peices
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Two Pin-up peices

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Two Pin-up peices

Here are two pin-up peices that I did using graphite and charcoal pencils. I had to photograph these two peices because they are too large to be scanned in. If anyone has some good advice for photographing work, I would like to know. Especially hints for eliminating any glare that appears on an image from the light source. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks alot,
    Greg Smith

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey GK can't say too much about the art works as I couldn't do it exept that I like them.The only thing I can suggest is to either turn the flash off and make sure you have a good back light(behind you) and not too bright to create a glare off the graphite or to scan the pics.I know you said that the pics are too big to scan but can you scan one half then the other half and merge then as on on photoshop.It is pretty easy to do and if you can scan just over half way on both it is realy easy to merge them as one with out seeing a real noticable seam.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

pin -up art

Greg,

You have the start of two really fine pictures here.
    Pin ups.... lets rethink these a bit.
    Could you have taken the first image and put her sitting on the chest of an ogre they she just slayen?

How would it be if in the second picture the woman on the right was human and the woman on the left was a marble statue?

Even with the pin up genre you can push the images and tell a story with your art.
    I feel most pin up art and artists would fall apart without their reference, so make yours stand out and go beyond the rendering of photos.

If you want to be remembered, then make memrable art, go further, push your self and really think of the "big idea" as Howard Pyle said.

As an example, my painting, ARCADIA, has a very erotic nude woman with a very open pose but I have told a story. The relationship between the creature and the girl makes people think beyond the sexy girl.

Make people work to see your art, make them say " holy crap! I didn't see that the first time I looked at it!.

I would really like to see you re think these pieces.
    Again , you have a GREAT start here.
    Daniel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. Daniel, if i take these to paint, ill defiantly reconsider what I got and really try to push it to the next level. I'll take what you said into condsideration for the peice I am working on now. For the first pin-up, I started out finding the position that I wanted to draw. Then I found the girl I wanted to draw. Then I came up with what I wanted her to wear. Nabbed those references. But I do see your point. Basically all I have created here are nice drawings of great looking girls, no real insight, no story.
    Thanks a lot for your input, I really appreciate it.

Greg

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.