Painter Newbie

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Painter Newbie

Thanks

Unhappy Painter Newbie

Hi there guys,
    Here's one of my first attempts at painter based on a Hopper painting. Can't seem to get rid of that brushy look. I've been using oil bruses. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Martin

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi,

Nice painting, exept for the top of the lighthouse being cropped off and what looks like artifacts to the left of the lighthouse base. Maybe you can add some pixels to the Canvas to fix the cropped off part and blend out the artifacts using one of the Blenders variants... if you want to.

I am not sure why you'd want to get rid of the brushy look, since that's one of the things that makes it look more like traditional media painting.

However, if you want to make it look different, there are many ways. For instance:

Use other brush variants to begin with.

Edit your image using other brush variants.

Use some of the Blenders brush variants to alter the current brushstrokes.

The best way for you to learn how to get the effects you want is to do a lot of experimenting.

Also, if you can give us the URL to an example painting, maybe someone can make more specific suggestions.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Hi Jin,
    Thanks for the tips. I'l try to look into other brushes or the blender brushes that you mentioned and see what happens.
    About the composition, i was just following Hopper's since i was more concerned with the technique and the way painter works rather that worring too much about every detail. If you want to have a look at the reference, here is a link to the Hopper's original painting (although the colors are not that accurate). http://www.artchive.com/artchive/H/h...ghts3.jpg.html

Thanks again,

Martin

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.