Caleb
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Caleb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Caleb

Hi everyone!

Here's one of my concept character's I'm currently developing his name's Caleb and he's a cowboy. Right now I've just completed a colored phase and I'm now finishing the refinements. I would like for the textures to come out a bit particularly with the trouser and I need to refine the gun.. But yup.

Crits and comments would be really appreciated.
    Thanks guys! And Gals!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the face looks great, and I like the colors too. There are some anatomical problems, like the hands. The one holding the hat looks a bit rushed, not very defined and kinda flat (so is the hat too) And the one holding the rifle looks fairly small and also not very defined. I'd say, if you can't find a good reference for it, try doing it yourself, take a picture and go off from there.

Otherwise, it's a very good start.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PLeon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Pleon, thanks for your crit- You're absolutely right! I did rush the hands and the hat I spent ages trying to get the face to work then practically lost the will to do the hands and hat but I'll keep pushing forward and refine it some more! Thanks for your help!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I agree with Pleon. The face is great - it really pops out at you and he has a convincing expression. You can tell the rest of the body didn't receive such time, though. The body is a little flat, with the hands being the worst. Give the rest of him extra attention and I'm sure the picture will look great all-around.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewHD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hand holding the hat is too long and hat is too small....maybe it would fit his knee and also as mentioned above gun holding arm is too small....maybe it should look something like this

Last edited by strangest; February 28th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to strangest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking pretty nice overall! Agreed with above comments.
    For his right arm, if that little red patch down there is his elbow, his upper arm is way too long.
    Also, this goes along with the overall refinement difference between the face and the rest of the body, but the body is also not getting a similar realistic light treatment as the face is (not saying the light should be as bright on the clothes, but stronger and more directional).
    I would also fix that cast shadow on the floor because there shouldn't be a light source coming from behind him. Figure out really where the light(s) is and calculate the shadows based on that.

Lastly, just curious, but did you base some of the face modeling on Tom Cruise? It just reminds me a lot of him, especially in the brows/eyes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wooblood For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.