Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge)

Thanks
    a few selfportraits, i tried to do them really fast just to get the main things down fast and simple, i think they came out too cartonish
    Whoa whoa hang on, simple and correct does not mean fast. Take your time in the construction stages, make extra super sure everything is right. You may not be making many lines, but that doesn't mean you should think or take less time than if you were using tons of lines and detail. simple or economic =/= easy or fast. Here's a link I guess.
    I'm always drawing too fast so maybe I'm the wrong person to tell you this, but be patient with your drawings. Quality over quantity. Just make sure you have a whole ton of quantity to put the quality over and you'll improve quick.
    sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sarmati - thanks mate!

p sage - yes! i felt like that was happening, it was an effort to go back to personal stuff other than studies, but i think im getting there

K uroi - hahha yes i hope for improvement, i cant really tell myself tho. thanks

Vertical - i was thinking about that for a while. but what im felling is like this. im always shooting for prescision instead of timing. but i always take forever in everything. so like if fyou running a 10k, you wont always just practise 10k, some times youll do sprints or 15, 20k so you can improve faster at the 10k. im not only shooting for speed, but to get stuff fast sort of ok, so when i take my time i can do good and not only ok.
    all said, im just experimenting, im still a noob, so ill see if it works for me

anyway, too many days passed, too little was done. i have this piece that im doing, and its taking me forever, but it isnt datail at all. im like a turtle in a world where cheetas (and the speedpainting) is the rockstar. but oh well, ill shoot for quality first.

doodles
    IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge)
    kchens demo, im applying the daggers(dave and dan rock) tatics here, i think it really works, as soon as i copy something i do another similar from imagination
    so life study, and direct applying it to shitty ideas
    doodle

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragah View Post
    im like a turtle in a world where cheetas (and the speedpainting) is the rockstar.
    You said in it an amusing way
    I can relate. I feel like a hibernated frog, usually.

I like your doodle faces.
    The figures occassionally have a bit short torsos and the legs could be more shapely but practice will help, keep it up.

so life study, and direct applying it to shitty ideas
    Oh it's not a shitty idea, good practice but you need more contrast there, things somewhat blend together, it would look much more cool if the head would be lighter or something.

Thanks
    i use bridgemans anatomy for artists over loomis also there are good videos on youtube by todd mcfarlane. as far as the head goes make sure you have your style in place remember that it about placement ill post a sketch for you
    i feel the black blood of the coffee gods coursing through my viens

Thanks
    shiNIN - haha yes! and yes!!! practise always helps!!
    and about the face being too dark, its totally true, i was working lately on a LG monitor, which was quite dark, and yesterday i switched to my mac screen, its way ligter, so i was, "its to briiiiight" and everything ended up quite dark

Jesse-james-sutton - hah yeah i use both, plus bammes and kchen, i think none of them is enough by them selfs, plus you would only get 1 style. what ive been realiing is that style is not only lines, but placement and proportions also.

but anyways, here a lilttle(probably the longest thing from imagination ive done) thing. it took me forever because i dont do enough of those so i have to figure out every step of the way.
    my computer needs a rest now.

i have no clue how it looks anymore, please give me feedback

Thanks
    Hohoho vc tem estado ocupado ein?!
    Varias estudos de cores, comp, render.
    Acho que vc ta na direcao certa, se vc tiver afim vai ter uma sessao de modelo vivo agora no comeco de Dez la na Quanta. Me manda uma PM q eu te passo meu msn ou facebook e agente marca! Alias vc mora onde em SP?

Abraco!

Thanks
    Hi there matey

Thank you very much for the SB visit, your comments were much appreciated.

If I was to crit anything in your work it would be your massive need for speed!! slow it down and observe the subjects, lighting and colours. You are pushing yourself so hard that the rushing is coming into the drawing, calm down dude! LOL
    The anatomy of the figures and characters is ok but you need to take a step back and work on faces, they are not as sharp as the characters you do.

Other than that mate there is good progress throughout the SB good going mate and keep it up.

all the best to you and thanks again.
    A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Wow, just since March your improvement is ridiculous man. Looking good.
    I especially love that one of the guy wearing the tie. Super sweet.

Think a lot of your stuff could be wicked if you pushed it to the same level as well btw.

Looking good though, keep improving like this and you'll be awesome in no time!!

Oh, btw, that thing you said you did for your sister or whatever. Absolutely awesome. Gotta work on my pencil stuff. I'd love to be able to do stuff like that. Well done!

Thanks
    Thanks for the comment dude! Nice work on that imagination. piece. I think it might be better if the were in the middle or something. the composition looks very centered like a propaganda poster, but she has different lighting and colors and is in a pose that doesn't appear have any relation to the scene way on the left edge of the canvas. It almost looks like you copy-pasted her there from another picture. The different colors and values could work really well actually, like make her a step up from the guy's face in back of her to separate them.
    Putting her in the center would work in another way too, they face guy is supposed to be watching, but he's looking at us and maybe I'm reading this wrong I think he's supposed to be looking at her, so putting her directly in his gaze would be better
    Come to think of it, what is the relationship between these two? my first impression was that they were enemies, but her being his minion would make sense too.

Um. Ya. Keep up the good work!
    sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    wasabi89 - , ja mandei inbox la no face. valeu muito

Lightship69 - thanks a lot mate! ive been realizing that slowly trough out the last two weeks, and now you tell me that. so ive been slowing down consiously, i think its working pretty good. really big thanks

JakeB - haha thanks a lot. i think what you said goes along with working slower, but also pushing it father. ill try to push think to the next level, because thats how its doooone!!!!!

Vertical - thanks man. im so happy with what you said, its the impression that i was striving for. it does have a background story. its from the book Hunger Games (theres a movie coming out soon) and its about sort of a dictatorship. so i though of the book 1984 and how they had the bigbrotheriswatchingyou propaganda, but mixed the story into it, with the protagonist trying to break out of it.

so heres some stuff

lol from deviantart, silly meme
    some character stuff, i have a few more in pencil, ill post it next time
    and a funny looking study, i think i know what went wrong. i started doing proportions and shapes, but only the outlines, when i went on the insides i only focused on colors and proportions got screwed up. i have to go very slowly and do 1 thing at a time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That's a cool piece of sketchbook u got there

You have to have very good imagination since you can draw 50 different characters in one go, I'm jealous

Maybe do some longer environment studies or some cool places from imagination? Would like to see it!

Thanks
    Amazing improvement dude!! Im jealous of your characters

Thanks
    thanks for the comments guys

waa, im just gonna dump this here
    its Raizen from yuyuhakusho, i love that manga.
    i keep getting all faces wrong. i feel that the sketches are always pretty good, but wheni start to paint everything just goes to shit. i think i need to study faces, but not like i used to do, i should do more ful on render studies. i feel like my line stuff on faces is pretty solid, but when i need to render or paint it its crap, so ill work on that for now

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast