Sketchbook: IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge) - Page 4

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Improvement is showing. Keep going.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eai broder!
    Tenta prestar um pouco mais de atenção nas proporções, em alguns desenhos vc tende a deixar os braços um pouco grande demais ou as pernas maiores que o proprio tronco e vice versa. Com relação aos digitais, eles estao muito bons! Dá pra ver q vc fica mais confortavel trabalhando com tablet. Quando for pros tradicionais tenta "blocar" um pouco mais e aumenta o contraste pro desenho "pular" da pagina.
    Espero que tenha ajudado.

abracao!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Good start mate. Dont worry if you didnt meet your goals at the first time. just be patient and keep going.

Few suggestions:

Try to find this book. Short n sweet but will help you to understand basic design concepts as well as the use of color.

Digital Character Design and Painting: The Photoshop CS Edition by Don Seegmiller
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Charac.../dp/1584503408

Another book that helped me a lot...

Digital Texturing and Painting by Owen Demers
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Textur...0225933&sr=1-1

In addition, Work more on anatomy. focus on a part and try to figure out about it as much as you could. Then put it to practice. But dont be harsh on yourself, just do it freely.

Hope this helps mate. Ill drop in to check your next update.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    p sage - i wiiiiiiiiil bro, never stopping.

wasabi89 - haha valeu velho, tenho tentado mesmo prestar mais atencao em proporcao e simetria, ta foda aqui. brigadao pela passada aqui

devastacio - thanks a lot man, that will help, im not sure if i can get the books tho. and i think its more important to have the stuff inside your head than on top of you desk yeah i used to do a lot of anatomy stuff, but i never realized i needed to put in practise for it to stick, now im back trackin i really apreciate you comment bro

so before the real stuff.
    http://youtu.be/SvGl0LvL6K0
    "ive got the key, now all i need is to find the lock"

sooo, today was suuuuuch a fail, i could draw anything, even straighfoward faces i could get not even close to simetry, asjhdbaksjhfaksjhf
    so if they say the good things in life dont come at easy. i figure painting and drawing must be sooo fucking good.
    anyway, here is some poooooooop. for last couple days

IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge)
    im trying to do more "work" sort of stuff, rather than the sketching that ive done my whole life.
    these days ive realize how much i like sort of grafical stuff into realistic paintings,which i try to do sometimes with not very succes. but then today i find out this girl. http://studentpages.scad.edu/~tnguye25/main.html amazing stuff and she has this "graphical" part of her work that i really like.
    at the same time i want to do concepts and full on paintings. whaaaa i just want to paint everything in the worrrrllddddd. too bad lifes too short

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Olá tudo bem! Não se preocupe, sua anatomia é melhor do que a minha....até tirei meus desenhos daqui! rs Usa como referência um autor chamado Loomis! Excelente!
    E para seus braços não ficarem muito longos, faça um arco por onde passam os cotovelos...seus cotovelos devem ficar exatamente embaixo das costelas e o arco vai te ajudar a posicioná-los quando movimentá-los!

"If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen." M. C. Escher

Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=233898

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/bybarbararoma

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You are so selfcritical
    The first on in your last bunch isn't so bad at all... The nose is big (it's not necessarily a flaw, I just mention it's bigger than usual), I feel some problem around the nose/mouth, just a lil bit... And you should forget soft brushes in general.
    But I like that face, that look...
    Some colder colors could make it better. I'd probably throw some purple in the shadows and use very light turquise for one of my highlight colors but I'm experimenting with such things myself, I get these colors from more skilled ones though.

The other one: I have a strong feel his eyes are too high.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    man you´re clearly improving a lot.. take a look at your first pages and think how much you achieved in few months. Digital painting has a slow learning part at some moments, and later you go like a bullet. But it´s important to learn the basic principles (anatomy, volume, color), that will make you go faster, with any painting technique indeed.
    That last update shows a good level in my opinion, and i will rate you high for that and for your motivation and self criticism. It´s good to know when you´re failing but also you need to know when you´re doing really good! My suggestion, study your weaknesses, make a list and begin working hard on them step by step.
    hope it helps, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black Sun S. - hahah valeu velho, to ligadao no loomis, mas eu prefiro mais bammes ou hogarth. acho que agente devia juntar os brazucas daqui, fazer um sketchbook group ou algo do tipo

shiNIN - haha man, thanks as always, i really apreciate you coming around. yeah as soon as you said about the eyes i noticed that too. i should also experiment more with colder colors, every time i try them it does really come out as skin, but ill keep trying!

Ricardo Robles - haaaaaa thaaaaaanks maaaan!!! yeahyeahyeah seek and destroy weakness, thats the way to achieve awesomeness!!!!!

YOU GUYS PUMP ME UP!!

but apart from that, here its a really long/shitty/badquallitypictures update.
    a few of them are older than it would be acceptable for a post
    but.... yeah i dont really have an excuse, i just want to figure out what i need to improve(ha i know what, EVERYTHING) i mean, what is in a lower level compared to my average skill.
    but anyways... there is also a few with the worst possible quality picture ever taken, i was in a rush to leave when i had to take them.

also idk if you guys want to hear, but its the last 2 weeks of high school ever...... idk what to make of it, i cant find a college that i really like, exept the super expensive ones.

lame stuff
    hands from life, i think im feeling this a little better, the lines are more stiff, which i dont really like, but at the same time the drawing is more consistent, its really easier to pay attetion to proportions(one of my main issues) this way
    Lame again, did for my sis, didnt really put efort in it, shame on me
    so i was showing some of my stuff to someone, and i was told i should do more movies stills studies, to get a better compositon and space placement, so heres some of them...
    character lameness
    doodles
    50 figures in one go, started ok, got good, ended super lame
    i take forever to render
    hmm idk how to explain this, drapery/costume study? i just like oriental dressing alot, and i figure it helps of character creation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think your "character lameness" is cool except the fact he's missing some part of his torso around his waist, try to imagine where his ribcage and pelvis are or measure his torso... You need to think what's under the clothes and even surface, well even if you does, you can mess it up, I tend to draw way too short torsos myself, I dunno why

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

That's a nice bunch of studies mate. That character concept(guy with sword) is better than you think! its just some anatomical errors esp in the torso area. Its perfectly normal and you only need to practice more.

Also, Rendering takes time and requires great deal of patience. so don't worry and don't try to go overkill on a piece if you're not really ready. Take it slow and learn about Lighting as much as you could. It really helps.

Keep at what you're doing mate. You're certainly on the right path.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - thanks man, yeah it was sort of right in my mind, i just dont think i did a good job putting the torso on the paper

devastacio - haha thanks for the advice!

so... yeah
    pretty unpruductive day for the amout of free time i had

some hands warm up
    a few selfportraits, i tried to do them really fast just to get the main things down fast and simple, i think they came out too cartonish
    doodle i wasnt really sure how to carry on
    and then some color studies the first 4 are from today
    this one is a little bit old, but no opacity or blending

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your enviro studies and sketchbook.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You're doing very well.

Always, always keep doing your creative stuff.

Studies are nice, but they are for you and should serve your creative works. Don't let them overtake your creative stuff.

I've let that happen, and it can totally destroy your will to continue.

Keep doing the "fun" stuff and make it your top priority; but if you want to improve, practice the basics. Ask for critiques, and do studies that fix mistakes... I would never do "studies" because the study itself is "cool".

Never forget the fun, or the love.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

15. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you're really improving. Your designs and faces are a really nice style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a few selfportraits, i tried to do them really fast just to get the main things down fast and simple, i think they came out too cartonish
    Whoa whoa hang on, simple and correct does not mean fast. Take your time in the construction stages, make extra super sure everything is right. You may not be making many lines, but that doesn't mean you should think or take less time than if you were using tons of lines and detail. simple or economic =/= easy or fast. Here's a link I guess.
    I'm always drawing too fast so maybe I'm the wrong person to tell you this, but be patient with your drawings. Quality over quantity. Just make sure you have a whole ton of quantity to put the quality over and you'll improve quick.

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sarmati - thanks mate!

p sage - yes! i felt like that was happening, it was an effort to go back to personal stuff other than studies, but i think im getting there

K uroi - hahha yes i hope for improvement, i cant really tell myself tho. thanks

Vertical - i was thinking about that for a while. but what im felling is like this. im always shooting for prescision instead of timing. but i always take forever in everything. so like if fyou running a 10k, you wont always just practise 10k, some times youll do sprints or 15, 20k so you can improve faster at the 10k. im not only shooting for speed, but to get stuff fast sort of ok, so when i take my time i can do good and not only ok.
    all said, im just experimenting, im still a noob, so ill see if it works for me

anyway, too many days passed, too little was done. i have this piece that im doing, and its taking me forever, but it isnt datail at all. im like a turtle in a world where cheetas (and the speedpainting) is the rockstar. but oh well, ill shoot for quality first.

doodles
    kchens demo, im applying the daggers(dave and dan rock) tatics here, i think it really works, as soon as i copy something i do another similar from imagination
    so life study, and direct applying it to shitty ideas
    doodle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragah View Post
    im like a turtle in a world where cheetas (and the speedpainting) is the rockstar.
    You said in it an amusing way
    I can relate. I feel like a hibernated frog, usually.

I like your doodle faces.
    The figures occassionally have a bit short torsos and the legs could be more shapely but practice will help, keep it up.

so life study, and direct applying it to shitty ideas
    Oh it's not a shitty idea, good practice but you need more contrast there, things somewhat blend together, it would look much more cool if the head would be lighter or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i use bridgemans anatomy for artists over loomis also there are good videos on youtube by todd mcfarlane. as far as the head goes make sure you have your style in place remember that it about placement ill post a sketch for you

i feel the black blood of the coffee gods coursing through my viens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - haha yes! and yes!!! practise always helps!!
    and about the face being too dark, its totally true, i was working lately on a LG monitor, which was quite dark, and yesterday i switched to my mac screen, its way ligter, so i was, "its to briiiiight" and everything ended up quite dark

Jesse-james-sutton - hah yeah i use both, plus bammes and kchen, i think none of them is enough by them selfs, plus you would only get 1 style. what ive been realiing is that style is not only lines, but placement and proportions also.

but anyways, here a lilttle(probably the longest thing from imagination ive done) thing. it took me forever because i dont do enough of those so i have to figure out every step of the way.
    my computer needs a rest now.

i have no clue how it looks anymore, please give me feedback

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hohoho vc tem estado ocupado ein?!
    Varias estudos de cores, comp, render.
    Acho que vc ta na direcao certa, se vc tiver afim vai ter uma sessao de modelo vivo agora no comeco de Dez la na Quanta. Me manda uma PM q eu te passo meu msn ou facebook e agente marca! Alias vc mora onde em SP?

Abraco!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there matey

Thank you very much for the SB visit, your comments were much appreciated.

If I was to crit anything in your work it would be your massive need for speed!! slow it down and observe the subjects, lighting and colours. You are pushing yourself so hard that the rushing is coming into the drawing, calm down dude! LOL
    The anatomy of the figures and characters is ok but you need to take a step back and work on faces, they are not as sharp as the characters you do.

Other than that mate there is good progress throughout the SB good going mate and keep it up.

all the best to you and thanks again.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, just since March your improvement is ridiculous man. Looking good.
    I especially love that one of the guy wearing the tie. Super sweet.

Think a lot of your stuff could be wicked if you pushed it to the same level as well btw.

Looking good though, keep improving like this and you'll be awesome in no time!!

Oh, btw, that thing you said you did for your sister or whatever. Absolutely awesome. Gotta work on my pencil stuff. I'd love to be able to do stuff like that. Well done!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment dude! Nice work on that imagination. piece. I think it might be better if the were in the middle or something. the composition looks very centered like a propaganda poster, but she has different lighting and colors and is in a pose that doesn't appear have any relation to the scene way on the left edge of the canvas. It almost looks like you copy-pasted her there from another picture. The different colors and values could work really well actually, like make her a step up from the guy's face in back of her to separate them.
    Putting her in the center would work in another way too, they face guy is supposed to be watching, but he's looking at us and maybe I'm reading this wrong I think he's supposed to be looking at her, so putting her directly in his gaze would be better
    Come to think of it, what is the relationship between these two? my first impression was that they were enemies, but her being his minion would make sense too.

Um. Ya. Keep up the good work!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wasabi89 - , ja mandei inbox la no face. valeu muito

Lightship69 - thanks a lot mate! ive been realizing that slowly trough out the last two weeks, and now you tell me that. so ive been slowing down consiously, i think its working pretty good. really big thanks

JakeB - haha thanks a lot. i think what you said goes along with working slower, but also pushing it father. ill try to push think to the next level, because thats how its doooone!!!!!

Vertical - thanks man. im so happy with what you said, its the impression that i was striving for. it does have a background story. its from the book Hunger Games (theres a movie coming out soon) and its about sort of a dictatorship. so i though of the book 1984 and how they had the bigbrotheriswatchingyou propaganda, but mixed the story into it, with the protagonist trying to break out of it.

so heres some stuff

lol from deviantart, silly meme
    some character stuff, i have a few more in pencil, ill post it next time
    and a funny looking study, i think i know what went wrong. i started doing proportions and shapes, but only the outlines, when i went on the insides i only focused on colors and proportions got screwed up. i have to go very slowly and do 1 thing at a time.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aragah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's a cool piece of sketchbook u got there

You have to have very good imagination since you can draw 50 different characters in one go, I'm jealous

Maybe do some longer environment studies or some cool places from imagination? Would like to see it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing improvement dude!! Im jealous of your characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the comments guys

waa, im just gonna dump this here
    its Raizen from yuyuhakusho, i love that manga.
    i keep getting all faces wrong. i feel that the sketches are always pretty good, but wheni start to paint everything just goes to shit. i think i need to study faces, but not like i used to do, i should do more ful on render studies. i feel like my line stuff on faces is pretty solid, but when i need to render or paint it its crap, so ill work on that for now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    daaaamn! killer stuff dude! i wish I was doing stuff like youre doing now, when i was your age! Keep up the work, I can really see the difference in your first page and this fourth page of your SB. One critique I have is to watch your proportions, especially since you sometimes make the lower body too short, in my opinion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tb curto muito yuyu, raizen eh muito badass!
    com relacao aos seus estudos a cada vez que eu passo aqui vc melhora mais, vc precisa me ensinar a pintar hahaha =) Curti muito esse: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3165/ss17d.jpg
    Da pra ver que vc ta colocando uma dedicacao monstra e n tem receita mais certa do que essa pra melhorar: Fazer Muito!
    Tb to tentando deixar a procrastinacao diaria de lado e estudar pelo menos umas 4/5hrs por dia. Um brazuca tinha me dado uma ideia de fazer um thread soh de brasileiros.
    Se tiver afim agente podia agilizar alguma coisa assim

abraco velho!
    e vamo q vamo haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

summer!

Not_Deadman - haha thanks man! yeah, the leg thing is a constant bother, so many people tell me that, and even on this update theres a couple "shortlegged" budies

wasabi89 - vamo sim velho, tem que unir aqui! valeu pela passada!

soo summertime! f yeah.
    its time to really put in the effort and make things right!
    although im killng myself with procrastination(9gag has my soul) one they ill overcome lazines and become a trully awesome human been!

but for now heres some stuff, the pencils are a little bit older(i couldnt post them last time)

some fun stuff with my left hand
    a few characters, im thinking of putting a "gang" togheter, their signature would be the circle tatoo.
    and this is from yesterday, back to stufdying heads
    landscapes(shit, this update is getting too long. i should probably do longer studyies, rather than more studies)
    and finally, this morning study. it sucks, i still cant get the face proportions right, even tho i feel like i got the placement pretty close.
    i really like the style of the nose and the hand, ill try to incorporate that to my other stuff. i think it works pretty good because its rather a fast, with little brushstrokes, style, and i think you guys realized that i cant stay too long in one piece.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4