Sketchbook: IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge) - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: IAMTHENIGHT! color me black. (Doodles, thoughts and grunge)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - dude, its true the self critc, but sometimes i wonder if i have some sort of low-drawing-selfesteem type of issue. im trying to cope better with it since from all the artist that ive heard about they are never confortable with their skills, so i must find a point where im not too sad that i dont want to draw, but not too confortable so i feel like i need to improve. than i can always keep going up! and thanks a lot for the fix there, proportions is one of the many main issues, i didnt even notice the weird arm until you pointed, now im looking for this wrist-crotch line all the time. thansk a lot man

WaSsiM - thank a lot bro, i just feel if i could draw faster i could improve faster because i would do more stuff

himart - thanks too man, we should start some sort of thing going out of this

Clur - haha thanks a lot man, im well aware of the legs situation, i always try to draw them longer now, because i usualy do them smaller and because longer legs always means sexier woman!

pgf95 - thanks ma, the digital still feels really akward, i think its probably the combination of my first exposure with colors and a complete diferent meium at the same time, but ill get it one day!

adelenta - thanks! i will keep posting!

im probably over confident, maybe not over, but my selfconfidance doesnt usualy last long, but anyways, thanks a lot guys

i did this super lame nude study today, started with colors but it was so bad that i switched to BnW.
    and im not gonna lie, the landscape study is a few days old

-edit- sweet! 3rd page!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aragah; August 26th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vc tem uma qualidade de traço muito bom broder. Faz mais estudos e posta pra gente ver. To sentindo um progresso.
    (Aliás, vc desenha ŕ quanto tempo?)

abs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, mate. Looks like you're making some steady progress. You're developing an interesting style, be sure to keep up them studies though!

Anyways, keep up the good work

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wasabi89 - velhoooo, primeiro brazuca que encontro por aqui manooo, vira brotherhoood aqui. putz, eh dificil falar quando eu comecei, eu lembro que comecar a levar a serio e estudar foi ha um pouco mais que um ano, so que ai parei de desenhar por um tempo e to voltando agora

Naidy - thanks a lot man, i dont see much progress, but if you say so, it makes me super happy

anyways, a study that was killing me to find the right colors,
    and a quick doodle,
    today i had a good productivity, did some life drawing a selfportrait and some burne hogart, but its all traditional so i dont think ill post it(lazy!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Color study: The shadows are muddy due to dark low saturated colors... If this dark, you need warmer colors I think.

The figure has a bit unbalanced body, the hips and thighs are too slim. And while I like the upper body, the legs are a bit rubber like, with tiny feet. Some more attention would be good at that very important part. Legs are vital in the gesture of a standing figure.

Now I see the nude in #61. It's not that lame imo. There are problematic parts (rushed head and left hand (her left) and angular shoulders) but the torso give us a very good idea about her body and gesture... Though the original probably isn't that heavy at the hips and thighs... One can never know though. There are these unbalanced curvy ones with small waist and huuuuge butts. But she'd need bigger boobs to balance things out... I like your strokes in that pic too It seems you need just a bit more effort and practice and you will be able to draw georgeous nude paintings I need some time to find a flaw in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eae broder
    Entăo cara, na verdade vc é o 2o brazuca que eu encontro por aqui. A maioria é gringo mesmo.
    Seu traço tá melhorando, tenta desenhar umas 4 hrs por dia q em uns 5 meses vc já deu uma evoluida monstra!
    Posta mais
    abrs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - maaaan, thanks a lot for the visit again! and thanks so much for pointing those things out! ill work on studying more!

wasabi89 - hahah vlw man, tem que rala pra caralho mesmo neh?!? desenhar eh foda, mas vale o esforco e o sacrificio

lol lame, so the other day i watched rise of the planet of the apes and i was mind blown!!!!!! ALL HAIL CEASAR!!!!!!! yaaaa that was amazing, and it had also such a good cg, i draw some chips after that, and plan on doing some more! but here is a giraffe study, i think ill try to learn some basics on animals

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoooo, i really need to draw more from imagination, put in practise what im trying to learn, its so hard for me to keep rendering... must work more! my productivity isnt going good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any advice on this lame study?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't totally read her gesture... Her arm closer to us is good, the other upper arm seem to be long and the neck is at wrong position considering the place of the torso. Though... I don't really see what's going on with the torso, the clothes at the chest don't show the torso is twisted... The legs are a bit weird too, her left thigh seems to be wider than the other and her right shin isn't well shaped. And the picture could use some deeper shadows, it's a bit flat. The colors are somewhat strange.
    Did you use a photo reference?

I'm not quite sure I'm helpful but I'm too tired to draw right now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies! The improvement shows steadily... so keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stay away from pure black. It's very rare in nature and looks funny when you use it. Use the color picker if you need to, I think you'll find the cloth isn't quite that dark.
    Nice studies, keep up the good work!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - dude, thanks so much, its the punch in the face that im needing! yes i did use a photo reference

Reika - thanks man, i will!

Vertical - yeah i know that and i didnt use pure black on the last one

i need some serious help!
    i know that the drawing is totally F***ed up, but what freaks me out is my incapability of getting colors even close to right
    oh and i cant even draw a straigth door, its ridiculous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not really. You need encouragement and soft and fluffy comments Or not, I dislike sweet comments sometimes myself and I don't believe anyone who praises me except in the rare cases when I know I did quite well (but it was just a copy). Well I don't know you, your selfcriticism is similar to mine but if it's what drives you ahead, it's okay... Don't lose heart, it's important, and be aware drawing isn't easy, one is crappy at the beginning and still no good after that...
    But I only do what I can. I usually report some flaws and try to give some useful advice but it doesn't always happen.

About your new study: Indeed, the colors are way different. The original has redder and more saturated colors. I fear it's something I can't help you if you can't fix it yourself.
    There are some other problems too, her left shoulder is higher on the ref, the thighs aren't that round, her left lower arm should be much longer (look, her right wrist goes much more to the right than the rightmost part of the boobs). The knees should be higher too. It's pointless to continue. You need to learn to look, compare, see the difference.
    I can't draw straight lines (or ellipses) either, not like it matters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment! Which figure drawing did you mean?
    Anyway sorry for the misunderstanding, you're right. You didn't use pure black but the tone you used in the ninja study is still far too dark for the picture, so it makes a hole in the image.
    Sorry I can't help much with you're color choice problem, I'm not very good at that either. Here's what I think, if you see a color like a dull orange and you don't know how light or saturated it should be, push it darker than you think it should be if it's in the shadow, lighter in the light, and more saturated if it's a focal point of the picture.

sketchbook blog tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, your doing great so far. My only critique is the recent study you did, the color is way different from the ref. Other then that, your doing fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're advancing really well! Regarding your frustration about colour, you're a little bit stuck with how you intellectually define them. Your mind has already decided the colour, but in reality, the hue, saturation and values are all over the place.

It may be unwise to use a picker on the ref, but I suggest you do it anyway and then just look at it in the colour palette window. Note the hue, the saturation and value. Take another pick and note the differences. Do this especially with skin tones. If you have a physical reference, such as a photo (or real life even but that's quite tricky), try to acquire a grey piece of cardboard and cut out one small (or several, quite widely separated) squares, and look at the colour of your ref through it. Not hindered by your minds abstraction, you may take in the colour freely, relieved from preconceived deduction.

And then you'll struggle for the rest of your life with this. But hey, that's what it's all about, eh?

Keep it up!

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Pedro it's good that you have so much passion for this; you will need it to get you through the rough patches.

Your SB started off really good, with you studying forms and then you stopped doing it Try going back to 3D forms; embrace them, and they will embrace you.

Until you get that far, though, practice your measuring and measured drawings so you can get a handle on placement and a little proportion. It gets easier

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - haha, im not sure, prabably a mix of both would do it.

Vertical - hmmm yeah im starting to have some noting for this picking darker in the shadows and lighter in the lights, thanks a lot!

Ven S - haha thanks man, i know colors are hard to get!

2ma2 - dude, the cardborad trick is really great, thanks a lot. ill just focus a whole lot on colors right now as im feeling more confident in anatomy for some reason

p sage - wow, thanks so much man. i dont really know if i was really thinking 3d, im still doing some sketches and anatomy stuff, but i havent had time to take pics or scan them to show you guys

lol this is weird.....
    and wtf do i even know what a background is?
    also, fuck proportions, who needs them?
    I FAiL
    but it was fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Work man , you got alot to learn , i recommended to do more anatomy studies and try to paint from life , and keep the good work

wassim

Change is such hard work

Sketchbook - Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WaSsiM - thanks man, i do have a lot to learn, i just dont feel like my productivity has been enough

im sooo embarased from posting that last thing, is sooo bad hsadsuahdoiausdh

so here a few traditional, i miss posting those

the first one is m sis, and i really should try putting some values on stuff, every thing is just so lame.
    PS: im in love with planet of the apes

and a digitaldoodlepieceofshit. i was trying to do some sort of huge creature, but i cant do atmosphere, or color, light, values.....or nothing at all,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blah, i should post more often!

i didnt know how to render the bananinha!(the brow thing) i need to figure out how to render texturezed stuff, any tips? im having trouble finding a brush that works, ive been trying to use one with a little texture and some scater, not working very well

also i got a new monitor, as an aditional to my laptop, but colors look so diferent on it, i cant quite get the right calibration, i dont even know if the first one is correct

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment! i think it may be too soon to worry about details like textures, you said in your last post you're still having trouble with value and color so it might be a better idea to focus on the basics first. I like the fac eof that guy you drew, but I think he's missing the back of his head.

sketchbook blog tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The guy doesn't look bad but it's like a pic with incorrect ratio or something... He has an unusually long face, to the point I doubt it's possible and somehow it doesn't work.
    The nose should stick out of the face. He has normal nose wings but if his nose doesn't stick out, it means there must be going crazy with the middle of his face... I think the ear should be a bit lower (and better rendered even for a sketch The neck is one thing, it's far from the eyes where one tends to look at but the ear doesn't have this excuse). Apart from these, I like it, he has a not neutral expression too, cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Understand that fail is good. Fail is good, fail is awesome, fail is perfect.

Fail is necessary. Fail is how we ultimately succeed. But your sub conscious mind hates to fail.

But now that you know this, you know what to do, right? Go and do the hardest types of studies you can think of, but make your absolute best effort. Then, be satisfied in the small progress you made and be fueled by the even bigger parts of it that failed. Then go again.

This is absolutely the way to progress. Learning to love fail is key; but you must only fail when trying your hardest to succeed. Failing when making no effort doesn't help much.

Good work in here. Get encouraged by your opportunities to fail, because they are your tickets to greatness.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

26. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vertical - yes man i was thinking about that, but i think its part of the color, its not a solid one, idk. youre probably right

shiNIN - haha most of my faces end up like that. and now that youve said i realize ive been doing this nose mistake in so manny drawings! thanks bro

p sage - WWWAAAAAAA THAT WAS SO INSPIRING THANKS SO MUCH. i keep forgetting im supposed to fail.

so herees todays stuff

quick color studies

some posemaniacs

hands from life

and some doodles

(hard fail at enviros)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    low productivity suuuucks! D: i suuuck.

so here a shitty dump

hands from life

doodles

studies(doodles that i copied from a photo )

posemaniacs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I envy your digital lines... You surely has much more control on them than me... And the same for the hands, sometimes I wonder if I will even learn to draw them Erm it seems I'm too self-centered right now...
    Nice faces, I don't mean the longest digital one... I know, playing with a face for long doesn't always do good... But the small ones are nice. The "more leg practice" figures too, except the male's leg he's standing on, the shin is too short and his gesture is a bit weird with these legs, I dunno why...
    The pic with the creature on it should be bigger, the details seem to be good enough for that
    I think you should use a higher opacity than you did when drew that digital nude girl... Especially in the beginning. But it's your working style, you surely will figure out what works for you, we are different and need our little detours too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    See there? You're being more productive

Just keep at it. Keep that pace going. Force yourself to do it. Take control. Beat your sub conscious mind into submission (Well, maybe don't go that far )

But doing art deliberately, desiring both to fail and to succeed, is the way to go.

Now more!!

(cracks whip)

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

31. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN - thanks man! your always full of critcs, its so great

p sage - MAAAAAAAN youre a freakin fountain of inpiration. teaaatch me hoowo you do it!

anyway, in the name of halloween i give you cheesy stuff!
    hahah my imagination is a joke.
    anyways, im super busy right now with school, sucks balls. im scared to go to college, no art college looks very inviting to me, always so expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNj2BXW852g

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7