Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a trap!

Thanks
    Good stuff! Alot of fine posestudies you got there, good lines

Depending on what you want to achieve with the posemaniac studies you might want try changing the time. Try doing some 60s or 45s concentrating on the size and space. Naturally if you want to focus on movement and general feeling the 30s could do fine, I just find it more helpful to give me enough time to work fast without the need to rush. I think it's better to take a bit too much time than go for too short durations. The negative spaces are also awesome for learning space and size.

I always get too scribbly even thoguh I'm trying to get rid of that x.x;

good stuff, keep up the good work
    "What does it mean to be an artist? It's constant, unrelenting, everlasting failure. That's what it is. You have to be really tough to take it." -Carl Larsson

Skethbook! | Deviantart! | Blog!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Mag-Neo: Thanks very much!

Kvenh: Thank you! I've been actually trying to focus more on the movement with the 30 sec drawings, but I know I should start doing more the longer ones! Kind of got maybe too carried away with the 30secs because it is so much fun, hehe.

Well I finally started to learn anatomy! So now instead of boring gesture studies you'll be having lots and lots of anatomy studies, wii
    Of course I'll be continuing the gesture studies still also, so worry not you will see them here too.

Thanks
    Oh and wihii for page three!

Hands!

Thanks
    Just wanted to draw Khal Drogo from the Game of Thrones because, well.. urm.. he's kind of hot

Also did it to practise values. It took me quite long, and I could've continued it still, but the headache made me to stop. Well off to practise more values-->

Thanks
    mmm still in black and white .. come on i was expecting i come back and see 100 paintings from u..

beautiful work my friend.. keep them coming
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/SalemShanouha

Thanks
    Thank you Rain! Sorry to disappoint you on the paintings. I've been having some sorts of art depression and that has effected my painting- and drawing pace. You know the feeling when you kind of momentarily loose the faith in yourself and in your skills of ever getting better in what you are doing? The little melancholic inside me causes those feelings from time to time and it has sometimes made me to stop drawing for very long times. Well anyways, I try to force myself to get over it again and to start drawing with the enthusiasm I did when I started this sb!

Well here is first some negative space practises to prove you I have done some figure studies. Then I also started a bigger painting (well I didn't start painting it yet but made some carcoal sketchings) that is gonna be a birthday present to my mother as she turns 60 this year. The painting is from her childhood home so it has to be good! Also made Daenerys Targaryen from tadaa Game of Thrones (huh what makes you think I love GoT? )! She is just soo beautiful. It took about 1,5-2 hours, hope it looks like her? I haven't read the books though so please no spoilings!

Thanks
    i know EXACTLY what u mean about the art depression... it happenes to me when i have alot of work and i cant draw for over a week.. after i finish work something holds my hands and i cant draw a THING .. the paintings i posted last are 1 month old.. i didnt do for the past month.. NOTHING.. and u start to think im losing it..and real artists dont stop drawing .. u see them in cafe and on busses and trips always drawing.. and u wonder maybe im not an artist..but i found out Everyone fall in this depression.. at least in the first few years ... so dnt u give up ... and im not dispointed that u didnt do colors im just trying to push u ahead to discover new places with colors...

i liked ur last girl.. it looks somehow sad .. and i like that

oh ya.. and happy birthday to ur mom
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/SalemShanouha

Thanks
    I can only echo the words of Rain Walker. I certainly have had those times of depression and angst myself. Felt like that some weeks ago actually. Nothing seemed to work and nothing seemed worthwhile. I felt like all my practice has been for nothing as it felt like I'm not improving at all. But then I visited several conceptart sketchbooks (yours included) and saw how everyone was working so hard and all I was doing was whine whine whine. That really snapped me out of it and I just started to draw again. I didn't draw anything specific. I just drew basic shapes and random stuff Ihappened to see or to imagine. to keep drawing, That's the only cure for this sort of thing in my oppinion.

So to sum up, don't you dare to give up. You may not see it yourself but you have improved greatly and I'm sure you will keep improving. You just need to keep on drawing.

BTW your latest portrait study looks GREAT!

Thanks
    Some good stuff since I last visited The hand studies are great - they really help, and they'll become easier the more you do... or that's what I've found anyways Also love the game of thrones portraits. I don't really watch it personally but my other half does so I kinda got dragged into the storyline lol. I'm rubbish with names but i recognised the horse-people queen girlie, looks a lot like her
    My sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...15#post3032315

I do draw every day, but being a busy mum, don't always get time to update.

Comments and crits are always welcome

Thanks
    *double post - stoopid computer
    My sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...15#post3032315

I do draw every day, but being a busy mum, don't always get time to update.

Comments and crits are always welcome

Thanks
    Rain & Ville: Thank you so much for you encouraging comments! This has to be the best thing in CA forums. To meet people who struggle with the same problems and with whom you can discuss these problems and try to get passed them together with encouraging and advicing each other. And sometimes you just need a little arse kicking and thats what you were doing to me now. So thank you really much! You are good CA friends (if it is appropriate to call you friends after knowing you guys so little while), humongous hugs to you both!
    It is time to stop whining again and start drawing!

Saffire: Thank you and glad to have you visiting to my humble sb again! I actually like hand studies very much! I just noticed it whilst doing them today. Gland you like them and the Game of Thrones portraits

Okay so here we go again. Here are some Loomis and Bridgman hand studies and also some hand studies made using my own hand as a ref (at the bottom).

Thanks
    These are all I had the time to draw today, so laaame I know. Moar hand studies what else? Oh my god I must have so boring sb. I won't be able to update anythin tomorrow, but hopefully I can update something on saturday. Something less boring. Oh who am I kidding its gonna be boring as hell propably! Aah I know I really need to do more life studies so why am I not doing them? What is wrong with me?? Why is it so hard to start them? And where do I find the time to do all the studies I need to do? And where does all the time go? And who stole my cheese?!

Thanks
    Aah, where did I manage to lost the images again?! I'm such a noob.

Thanks
    wow, really impressed with your hand studies. Looks very classical. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Thank you very much, Junpei! The most hands are from Loomis and Bridgman books so I guess thats where the classical look comes to them

Yey I did a still life today! I've been also doing a new profile pic to me to a facebook, thehe. I doubt though that I'll ever get it finished. Its sort of comic-style self-portrait or something. Because now that its summer, the gardening takes also some of my time.. Well anyways there are so many things wrong with it, and as you look it you propably also understand why I study anatomy and figure drawing so hard :p

Oh and I made myself a goal to be really good when I'm thirty. So I have three years to practise very very hard!

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast