Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a trap!

Thanks
    Oooh, excellent figure and gesture studies. I'm such a scaredy-cat when it comes to figure studies.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thank you jorvaa! Figure studies have always felt kind of scary and challenging to me too, but I have found Posemaniacs and Gesture Drawing tool very helpful for that!
    Doing quick gesture drawings is actually really fun and not scary at all!

Well here are again some 30sec drawings from posemaniacs. Also tried negative space drawing, which was quite interesting but also surprisingly hard. Then I also made couple of figures from imagination and tried to do negative space drawings of them too.

Thanks
    Your lines have improved a lot! Also, great work on the figures with dramatic perspective. They're damn hard to do but those look amazing

Thanks
    I would love to see more pencil drawings and sketches of people with at much value and detail as the cat and dog (akita/shepard mix?) on your first post. The cat's eyes are really beautifully rendered.

Nice gesture and posing sketches here though - I'll enjoy keeping an eye out for more from you!
    "They said, please, please make love with Helen, we require an assertion of value, we are frightened."

My Sketchbook! (NSFW - some nudity/gore)

Thanks
    Hey, you have amazing studies. Your drive is brillient, personally I have to do stuff from imagination or I'll go crazy. Hats off to you or sticking at the studies. I particulary like your digital photo studies, you can see improvement with each one, keep it coming!
    Always looking for feedback, so feel free to stop by any of these, cheers.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Facebook

Matt

Thanks
    Saara: Kiitos paljon! I think these negative space drawings are doing good to my lines!

etneid: Thank you very much! I know I should do more detailed and time-consuming drawings, but somehow it is just really hard to start them, don't know why. Maybe because the time spent drawing is so short after working days? But I will start doing more detailed drawings very soon.. Maybe not faces yet because my anatomy sucks still. But something else, maybe still lives or bones!

Riox: Thank you, glad you like my studies! I will try to keep em coming as often as possible!

Well here are some more studies, something weird from imagination and a terrible speedpainting (took 2hours and it still sucks, darn). Why is it always so that I can see the faults when I've decided to stop painting. Will I really get better in these by doing them, will I will I?

The speedpainting is a screenshot from Von Hertzen Brothers' music video "Angel's Eyes". Beautiful song and a really good band, you should listen if you haven't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azfL3IsdWi4

Oh and I was thinking of starting the anatomy studies next week with Bridgman's book and my skeleton.

Thanks
    1. Some flowers I did for mother's day card (it's been a long since I've used water colors, but they felt kind of good..).
    2-3. Some stuff from imagination.
    4. Some studies from life.
    5. Men watching ice hockey.

Thanks
    ---nuge numbers of great studies.... GOOD LUCK......
    Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Good stuff! Alot of fine posestudies you got there, good lines

Depending on what you want to achieve with the posemaniac studies you might want try changing the time. Try doing some 60s or 45s concentrating on the size and space. Naturally if you want to focus on movement and general feeling the 30s could do fine, I just find it more helpful to give me enough time to work fast without the need to rush. I think it's better to take a bit too much time than go for too short durations. The negative spaces are also awesome for learning space and size.

I always get too scribbly even thoguh I'm trying to get rid of that x.x;

good stuff, keep up the good work
    "What does it mean to be an artist? It's constant, unrelenting, everlasting failure. That's what it is. You have to be really tough to take it." -Carl Larsson

Skethbook! | Deviantart! | Blog!

Thanks
    Mag-Neo: Thanks very much!

Kvenh: Thank you! I've been actually trying to focus more on the movement with the 30 sec drawings, but I know I should start doing more the longer ones! Kind of got maybe too carried away with the 30secs because it is so much fun, hehe.

Well I finally started to learn anatomy! So now instead of boring gesture studies you'll be having lots and lots of anatomy studies, wii
    Of course I'll be continuing the gesture studies still also, so worry not you will see them here too.

Thanks
    Oh and wihii for page three!

Hands!

Thanks
    Just wanted to draw Khal Drogo from the Game of Thrones because, well.. urm.. he's kind of hot

Also did it to practise values. It took me quite long, and I could've continued it still, but the headache made me to stop. Well off to practise more values-->

Thanks
    mmm still in black and white .. come on i was expecting i come back and see 100 paintings from u..

beautiful work my friend.. keep them coming
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/salemshanouha

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast