Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a trap!

Thanks
    It's a fish! Well don't have anything else to say about this But it felt kind of good to take a break from hard studying and do something from imagination for a change, just for the fun.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here is first Alla Prima painting I made today outside, because it was such a beautiful day. Also some perspective and mannikin studies. The values I added on that one mannikin drawing really suck.. I should really really study them more more more. Could someone recommend me a good book about values? I mean not just on figures but in general..

Thanks
    Right and here are the images..

Thanks
    You really are improving fast! Doing all those studies is really showing. Good job!

Few pointers for speedpainting. Use big brush to plot major areas of color. I know it's tempting to jump into those details and whack them with small brush but the result looks scribble and with opacity and flow in the works the color looks dirty and will be completely different from the color you intended. Also to avoid dirty color try not to use opacity/flow stuff and instead in initial phase use full flow and opacity.

Oh and one last thing. In your latter speedpaint (stairs with flowers etc.) you seem to have used pure white in the harsh light areas. This is a common mistake but if you eyedrop the color from the photo it's not actually pure white but very light yellow.

Again great job with the studies! keep it up!

Thanks
    Thank you for your encouraging words, Ville! And thank you for really good advices about speedpaintings! I will follow these tips in my next speedpainting.

Here are two terrible value studies. One with my cardboard cube, cylinder and pyramid with nature's light (coming from window), and other one with mannikin and flashlight. Been drawing so little these few days, aargh. Could someone just tell me to stop slacking?

Thanks
    Speedpainting with ref, 30min-1 hour (and I see now that the colors in the background forest are nothing like the ref :/ Also some studies made during watching Vilppu's videos and some quick 30-90 sec sketches from posemaniacs.

Thanks
    More booring updates again. Some 30 sec drawings from posemaniacs, couple of figure drawings from head and two drawings from mannikin.

Thanks
    Oooh, excellent figure and gesture studies. I'm such a scaredy-cat when it comes to figure studies.

Thanks
    Thank you jorvaa! Figure studies have always felt kind of scary and challenging to me too, but I have found Posemaniacs and Gesture Drawing tool very helpful for that!
    Doing quick gesture drawings is actually really fun and not scary at all!

Well here are again some 30sec drawings from posemaniacs. Also tried negative space drawing, which was quite interesting but also surprisingly hard. Then I also made couple of figures from imagination and tried to do negative space drawings of them too.

Thanks
    Your lines have improved a lot! Also, great work on the figures with dramatic perspective. They're damn hard to do but those look amazing

Thanks
    I would love to see more pencil drawings and sketches of people with at much value and detail as the cat and dog (akita/shepard mix?) on your first post. The cat's eyes are really beautifully rendered.

Nice gesture and posing sketches here though - I'll enjoy keeping an eye out for more from you!
    "They said, please, please make love with Helen, we require an assertion of value, we are frightened."

My Sketchbook! (NSFW - some nudity/gore)

Thanks
    Hey, you have amazing studies. Your drive is brillient, personally I have to do stuff from imagination or I'll go crazy. Hats off to you or sticking at the studies. I particulary like your digital photo studies, you can see improvement with each one, keep it coming!
    Always looking for feedback, so feel free to stop by any of these, cheers.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Facebook

Matt

Thanks
    Saara: Kiitos paljon! I think these negative space drawings are doing good to my lines!

etneid: Thank you very much! I know I should do more detailed and time-consuming drawings, but somehow it is just really hard to start them, don't know why. Maybe because the time spent drawing is so short after working days? But I will start doing more detailed drawings very soon.. Maybe not faces yet because my anatomy sucks still. But something else, maybe still lives or bones!

Riox: Thank you, glad you like my studies! I will try to keep em coming as often as possible!

Well here are some more studies, something weird from imagination and a terrible speedpainting (took 2hours and it still sucks, darn). Why is it always so that I can see the faults when I've decided to stop painting. Will I really get better in these by doing them, will I will I?

The speedpainting is a screenshot from Von Hertzen Brothers' music video "Angel's Eyes". Beautiful song and a really good band, you should listen if you haven't yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azfL3IsdWi4

Oh and I was thinking of starting the anatomy studies next week with Bridgman's book and my skeleton.

Thanks
    1. Some flowers I did for mother's day card (it's been a long since I've used water colors, but they felt kind of good..).
    2-3. Some stuff from imagination.
    4. Some studies from life.
    5. Men watching ice hockey.

Thanks
    ---nuge numbers of great studies.... GOOD LUCK......
    Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast