Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a trap!

Thanks
    Jessibelle: Thanks again for you kind words! It is really encouraging to hear that there might be some improvement already. I try my best to keep focusing on the basic structure still for awhile before moving to actual anatomy because I think it will later on help me to create characters from imagination.

Arenyth: Aww thanks Studying like a crazy is my goal every day! It is a shame that I have to go to (non-art related) work during days though :/

Velocity Kendall: Thank you! Actually I do feel drawing becoming more and more easy and enjoyable every day. Especially figure drawing! I've actually started to see better the movement of figures and also starting to sense the presense of spheres and cubes aroung me hehe.

Here are some more studies based on Vilppu videos. Im also starting to study some values (not on figures yet though). Annd trying to learn how to draw cubes, spheres, cylinders and pyramids with some models I made from cardboard.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    First some studies from ref and then couple from imagination (and it shows, hehe). Gotta practise more more more... Also some skull studies.

Thanks
    Hi!

The pencils are really getting better and better, just as one scrolls down. You are clearly
    keeping at it and practicing, which is great to see. The torsos in post 40 are very
    successful, in my opinion. Can't wait to see the next thing you try!

Warmest wishes,

Ana
    Get naked, eat sushi!

CA.org sketchbook
    Twitter

Thanks
    Hi Jansi! And thank you very much!

Again some figure studies. First ones from ref and two from imagination.
    I also started perspective studies this weekend with "Perspective drawing handbook", by Joseph D'Amelio.

Thanks
    Something different for a change.. Couple of speedpaintings made with Photoshop (both 1 hour). The references are from here and here

I've also done some figure studies but I think I'll be posting them here later on. Anyways, happy weekend to everyone, Im off to celebrate my birthday tomorrow and be posting again after the weekend

Thanks
    Some figure studies again.. Also some studies using mannikin and couple of drawings from life. Also adding 1 hour speedpainting. The ref is taken from here .

I'll be doing some more perspective studies today and tomorrow, and also starting to do more studies with the skeleton.

Thanks
    It's a fish! Well don't have anything else to say about this But it felt kind of good to take a break from hard studying and do something from imagination for a change, just for the fun.

Thanks
    Here is first Alla Prima painting I made today outside, because it was such a beautiful day. Also some perspective and mannikin studies. The values I added on that one mannikin drawing really suck.. I should really really study them more more more. Could someone recommend me a good book about values? I mean not just on figures but in general..

Thanks
    Right and here are the images..

Thanks
    You really are improving fast! Doing all those studies is really showing. Good job!

Few pointers for speedpainting. Use big brush to plot major areas of color. I know it's tempting to jump into those details and whack them with small brush but the result looks scribble and with opacity and flow in the works the color looks dirty and will be completely different from the color you intended. Also to avoid dirty color try not to use opacity/flow stuff and instead in initial phase use full flow and opacity.

Oh and one last thing. In your latter speedpaint (stairs with flowers etc.) you seem to have used pure white in the harsh light areas. This is a common mistake but if you eyedrop the color from the photo it's not actually pure white but very light yellow.

Again great job with the studies! keep it up!

Thanks
    Thank you for your encouraging words, Ville! And thank you for really good advices about speedpaintings! I will follow these tips in my next speedpainting.

Here are two terrible value studies. One with my cardboard cube, cylinder and pyramid with nature's light (coming from window), and other one with mannikin and flashlight. Been drawing so little these few days, aargh. Could someone just tell me to stop slacking?

Thanks
    Speedpainting with ref, 30min-1 hour (and I see now that the colors in the background forest are nothing like the ref :/ Also some studies made during watching Vilppu's videos and some quick 30-90 sec sketches from posemaniacs.

Thanks
    More booring updates again. Some 30 sec drawings from posemaniacs, couple of figure drawings from head and two drawings from mannikin.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast