Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a trap!

Thanks
    Hey there Fairytaletroll! Thanks for popping by my sketchbook. Good to see that you're learning to construct your figures. It would be really beneficial for you if you could get your hands on some Vilppu's videos. In my opinion his teachings are the most easy to comprehend and he makes studying construction very interesting and fun.

Anyway... Good to see you working hard to reach your goals. Will be back to see your improvement.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks for you comment Placeboast! I managed to get all the Vilppu's videos and I have now watched couple of them. You are absolutely right, it is really fun and great way to learn!

Here are just some studies from them. I also ordered a real-sized skeleton, and I cannot wait for it to arrive! I think it will be a great help in learning anatomy.

And allthough I haven't posted here every day, I have studied every day now and I'm kind of proud of myself, hehe. I try to keep studying from this day forward too every day. At least a little.

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Something from imagination for a change. Made a dragon for my little brother's birthday card.. Its horrible really :/ But maybe someday I can draw dragons too!

Thanks
    And here it is.. I don't understand what I do wrong since sometimes when I submit something the attachment isn't there, only the text (allthough the image shows in preview)..

Thanks
    Made this quick oil painting today (well.. quick and quick, it took me 1 hour).
    Nothing else today blaah lazy me. But I'll continue my anatomy studies and figure studies again tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to post some studies here again very soon. I also ordered Bridgman's Constructive anatomy, and I hope it'll arrive soon.

Thanks
    i would love to see more oil paintings... its always nice to see the starting point of an oil artist..

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/salemshanouha

Thanks
    Dear diary, this weekend I played Smash Bros Brawl. But I also drew other nerds playing it! I also drew some random stuff I found in our home.
    And I add here also some oil paintingquickies for Rain.

Thanks
    i love the oil paintings u did specially for me ... i see u took the impressionist way .. i love it .. how long did it take ?

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

Thanks
    Thank you Rain! Well I didn't really made the oilpaintings now, but I did post them here for you if it counts! I did each of them about an hour I think.. They were made before last christmas as christmas cards (they are about size 10x15 I think). I made the layout using some photos found in internet and did rest of it from imagination, so I think that might be the reason for the impressionism..

Well anyways, here is one finished oil painting again. Took reeally long time and it still stinks I made the tree dozens of times and I still don't like it. But well finally desided to give up with it and recognize that this is the best I can do now and hopefully I can do better trees in the future. Used photo reference (photo taken by me also..)

And.. I also want to show you the cool skeleton I got today!

Thanks
    what are you talking about .. i love the tree.. still im talking about impressionism style.. if u wanted to do it in classical style u will need to do layers.. (days) .. u will have to wait for the first dark layer to dry then add another middle tone then another layer of highlight.. its a pain in the.. but its worth it.. but as for one session painting.. its the best it can be

by the way.. congratulation on ur new skeleton .. but i wont put it near my bed

Thanks
    Thanks for your kind words again, Rain! I didn't really think about the style when I did those paintings, and I don't even want to think it yet, because I'm still so beginning of my painting journey. I don't mind them looking impressionistic though, I like impressionism, hehe. Allthough I like realism more! And allthough usually my goal is to make paintings look as much realistic as possible. I actually did that painting using layers (days). But I usually start with painting thin layers and then fatten them. Maybe I should focus more on doing darker layers first as you said!

Here is another painting I just finished and couple of work-in-progress photos of it also. I used photo reference (taken by me). This also took several days. I did these two paintings (this and the one I posted earlier) for this little exhibition (my first oil paintings on any exhibition ever!) Now I think I'll be leaving oils aside for a while and concentrate more on drawing, because I am aware of the fact that I cannot be good a painter until I become a good drawer!

Hmm might be doing some value studies with oils though, it could be useful for me..

Thanks
    the last one looks very nice.. and it shows how much time has been put in it.. there is no right or wrong when it comes to style its just a personal choice.. impressionism is as good as realisem is.. or any other school of paintings there is..

as for the layers.. ur doing it the right way... fat on thin techniques.. and i didnt mean by dark layers first that u should paint dark and then let it dry... i mean when u do thin then let it dry then u start with the 2nd layer.. do dark - medium - light.. in the same time..then when this all dry u can do glazing or just put highlights.. not that dark layer then 2 days later middle tones and so on..

it is true what u said about drawing.. after all painting is 90% drawing as they say... but it doesnt mean u have to stop one to start the other.. value studies in oil will help ur drawing just like a pencil value study.. i posted some oil studies in my sketchbook before.. it can be as simple as shapes.. or vegatables.. or even some 1 hour portrait..

anyway do what u think is right.. since i started oil im going nuts .. feel like i want everyone to do oil as well.. so dnt listien to me .. and do what is right for u...

Thanks
    Thanks again! And thanks for all the tips you have given me, I saw your oil value studies in your sketchbook and that actually gave me the idea to maybe try those myself too! I'll be definitely watching your sketchbook and following your progress and your beautiful oil paintings. I also love doing oils, but I love drawing as well so we'll see what I'll be posting here next, hehe. I'm guessing they'll be quite bony drawings/paintings anyways..

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook