What do you do besides art? - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you do besides art?

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't actually know. I used to read books but I don't anymore, I don't really enjoy going out alone, I don't really play games anymore either, or watch movies (one day I'll finish watching Blade Runner I swear!) and we don't have tv-channels so I guess when I'm not drawing I'm staring at nothing and thinking while listening to music, or reading things from internet while listening to music. And drinking ice latte.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Run my own business as Computer Consultant and Cyber Crime Investigations Consultant I still do some Tech work as well .I also Work online to help hunting online Predators. Ya I guess it kind of a crime fighter ....lol

Guess I'm a bit of a crime fighter some times..Or just bit of a Joker sometimes

CC

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Touch myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexEh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohhhh i do a lot of things.

Like dollmaking...and well, dollmaking.

Ok honestly now i do a lot of things in my free time.

I study Programming (Visual Basic, C++)
    I Play Guitar (Classical)
    I play videogames that are actually worth a dam.
    I like readding old books.
    I solve Rubik Cubes.

Oh an doing your mom, thats always the first thing i do when i wake up.

Through you propably dont care for most of these things.

“Offending people is healthy. Every time you say something that’s offensive to another person, you just force them to think.”
    — Louis C.K.

My DeviantArt Acount

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty outdoorsy so I love hiking, canoeing, camping, etc... other than that, my husband introduced me to "video games" after we were married and after playing everything from Splinter Cell to World of Goo... I think I have to list that as one of my hobbies. And cooking.

Follow Me! | DeviantART | Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    48.48716% Computer Science
    48.48716% Art
    03.02568% Others

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm someone that enjoys doing so many different things that I never have time to do half of it, and I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could dedicate all their attention into one category - and it worries me a little that people are proud of that! Surely you need to do other things to influence art??

I don't think I'm any better though. Really, I should decide what of my hobby's are actually important and ditch the rest, but I just can't do that - so I try to juggle them. What happens is i go through fazes of being more interested in some things than others, which isn't ideal but it's fine.

I go to uni, but I can't say I'm there very often. Recently, I've been trying to make my projects ones that enable me to grow artistically in ways I would otherwise have to do in my free time.

But, as for other interests...

Theme parks, theme parks and more theme parks. They are my passion, perhaps more so than art. I love them. In a perfect world, I'd be a concept artists for a theme park. Most of my friends are also into theme parks, so they make up a lot of my social life too, even when not visiting them. Theme parks eat up most of my money, I went to like... 20-something different parks last year.

I also like visiting other location based entertainment/education spaces. Museums, zoos, castles, parks, that kind of thing.

I'm interested in religion/atheism, psychology and natural history and read about them when I have time.

The internet - predominantly forums. I'm on a lot of forums. Theme park/roller coaster forums, art forums, dinosaur forums, atheist forums. This is what eats up most of my time.

I like to discuss, which is why I like forums I guess. So hanging out with friends for me is about buying some crap snacks and chatting for hours at coffee shops or my place or their place. Spend a lot of time with friends just talking, sometimes I do art whilst I talk. Best thing in the world (next to theme parks....).

TV - mostly on iplayer these days so I can sift through the crap. Documentaries and crap documentaries are my favourite. I rarely just watch tv, I have it on in the background whilst doing other things like normal people would music.

I am surprised how rare my breed is.

Sketchbook | Art Blog | Portfolio

True progress means matching the world to the vision in our heads.
    But we always change the vision instead.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In my non-art time, I'm working at a 9 to 5 job that lets me pay the bills while thinking about art, taking care of my child, making food for the family and sleeping. For fun I enjoy podcasts (the geekier the better), reading comics, baking desserts, listening to tv the family is watching while painting and internet gossip. I've been finished with art school for over a decade now and the stuff I'm doing now wasn't even mentioned in classes then.

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTonMantis View Post
    I'm gonna learn the didgeridoo!
    I got my didgeridoo. Really awesome instrument but man what a strain on the lungs. I have asthma but apparently didgeridoo playing helps relieve asthma symptoms.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTonMantis View Post
    I got my didgeridoo. Really awesome instrument but man what a strain on the lungs. I have asthma but apparently didgeridoo playing helps relieve asthma symptoms.
    Ever heard any of the old Jamiroquai stuff? (When he was still good.) Some great didge on Emergency on Planet Earth and Return of the Space Cowboy.

Last edited by Star Eater; March 6th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - working out
    - video games ( read: pokemon)
    - trading card games

and if I'm not actually doing those, I'm on the computer looking at sites related to them. Which I usually spend more time doing than actually... doing them.

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rarely play some videos, I watch a ton of movies still (I think it helps the art too, at least I'm getting ideas about color schemes and compositions when I see films)....and uh, rarely hang with friends?

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I do hair, babysit and sell drugs out the same house. Police don't know when to kick the door in.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    me and a couple friends write and make music for fun which is a form of art I guess so....oh I do pointless homework cause I'm in high school in america and general education is soooo important. right???

FourTonMantis is offline Without vision we will die Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Ever heard any of the old Jamiroquai stuff? (When he was still good.) Some great didge on Emergency on Planet Earth and Return of the Space Cowboy.
    I'll consider this. Thanks Star Eater.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Kidding aside, I do actually have some hobbies/collections

B-grade movies on DVD (especially Roger Corman stuff and other out of print films)

Italian Horrors (Suspiria, New York Ripper)

Fighting Fantasy books founded by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson (though that's kind of art related as you guys will soon see)

Old PC/amiga/vhs box art

And the usual excercise thing, weights and boxing. I think its important for us artists to excercise and it's good to see so many people do. Especially lazy bums like me considering I sit on my ass at the office and then come home and sit on my ass to draw. Frazetta said he always saw himself as a sportsman first and an artist later. He was a master of both...but then, that's no surprise.

Last edited by Star Eater; March 11th, 2011 at 03:18 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2094 View Post
    me and a couple friends write and make music for fun which is a form of art I guess so....oh I do pointless homework cause I'm in high school in america and general education is soooo important. right???
    Actually, I would consider general education to be pretty important, yeah. Do you know how annoying it is to live with someone who has to keep a dictionary in the kitchen to look up basic words? Who complains that people should only use simple words, because 'alluring' is 'stupid'? I'm not going to start on their understanding of geography or history. Trust me, you do not want to become that person. Besides, it's not like learning is hard, hour of homework a night, get an A. Easy.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I also love watching good cartoons and documentaries, Human Planet is astounding, if you have not seen it, you really should.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I study Japanese and am finishing college now. Next step: martial arts and kendo practice!

I also read and watch films to get inspired.

Oh, and traveling is fun too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Follows
    Following
    Work on a mundane job. Webploring, TV, Iphone messing, reading about africa, helping charities for kenya, photo retouching, web master for a church and a charity...

I would like to do swimming and bike riding very soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.