female fantasy oil painting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: female fantasy oil painting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

female fantasy oil painting

ive been working on this painting today and im getting really frustrated with it. i really didnt like how it was turning out, so i decided to post it here so i can get some feedback before trying to finish it. i havent really worked on the lower legs yet. ill probably add the knife in last. plus im thinking of changing her mask...i think it looks kinda stupid right now. any input would be great, thanks!

here is the pencil sketch

what i have so far

Last edited by daarken; December 3rd, 2002 at 04:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bastard

j/k this is beautiful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I smell Brom influence here. It's AAC meets Brom..hehe. Is this an assignment for figure painting or anatomy? Or just personal stuff? Anyways, it looks cool so far. I would say make her a little less defined in the forearm and perhaps a bit more streamlined on her bottom half. I think her hips may be a tad close to her ribcage too. I always have the opposite problem (elongation of the torso). Anywho looks sweet. The value and colors seem right on to me, although I have ahard time gauging with scans or pics sometimes. Oils just look different in person.

Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite. Inwardly we commit every crime in thought, but outwardly we are irreproachable.

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like it, overall. My least favorite parts are her hair (I wish it was either more graphic, like the ties on her back, or more naturalistic) and her hand (which just looks a little too defined in the tendons). Maybe the eyehole in her mask isn't enough of a focus for me; or maybe it just looks a little high; something isn't working there for me, too.

But the balance and the figure's pose are really nice. It evokes a very specific feeling, which is really great. And the color choices are really fine, too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's coming along better than you think. I think you may have a couple of anatomical errors that may be the source of your frustration. The two that jump out at me:

1. The red stiching on her mask gives the appearance of covering her eye. If this is the case, it's too high up; the top of the eye is level with the top of the ear.

2. Something about her rear... her hips seem to be turning away from me, which fits with her pose, but the buttocks look like they were rendered side on... hrm. Maybe if you lowered her sacrum a bit and turned it towards us a little more, the rest would just fall into place?

Them's just my opinions, hope they were helpful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks everyone! i fixed several things that you mentioned. i still dont really like how her hair is, and i dont like the face. something about the whole head just looks weird to me. oh well, its due tomorrow, heh. maybe ill fix it later on .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Heh. I saw you today. Your class came into that large room to take a look at some student works. I was the guy setting up the red drapery when you guys came in.

Noticed it was you from the lip piercing, heh.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.