Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 309
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Draw, Sleep, Repeat

    Welcome to sketchbook of a struggling student!

    My names Andre, I'm from Melbourne Australia.
    At the moment I'm studying Game Design at RMIT and my goal is to one day be a concept artist.
    But I'm looking for all the help I can get!
    Critique me, be has harsh as you like, I just want to improve

    Thanks!

    EDIT- BETTER STUFF LATER

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Andre-Sutherland; June 30th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 126 Times in 91 Posts
    same boat as you dude (Im majoring in illustration). look forward to seeing your stuff

    >>Sketchbook<<

    Tumblr
    www.adamkootbascomb.com

    It's progress, NOT perfection.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanks
    1,455
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    Draw, sleep, repeat? You forgot "eat" in there haha.

    Post some work in here and I can give you some feedback if you want. From looking at your tc entry and your da, I'd say that Bridgman will do you a lot of good. Also study some colour theory and do some colour studies from either photos or life.

    Anyhow, just update this sketchbook regularly and draw everyday for as much as you can and you will be doing concept art in no time.

    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

    "Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

    "If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    Most of this is work from last year, High School finals and what not.
    But the warrior of the forest was done last week for a teen challenge

    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sonea View Post
    Draw, sleep, repeat? You forgot "eat" in there haha.

    Post some work in here and I can give you some feedback if you want. From looking at your tc entry and your da, I'd say that Bridgman will do you a lot of good. Also study some colour theory and do some colour studies from either photos or life.

    Anyhow, just update this sketchbook regularly and draw everyday for as much as you can and you will be doing concept art in no time.
    I suppose eating is kind of important too

    Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely keen on starting some work with Bridgman, his drawing style is incredible and I love to be able to draw figures so fluidly. As for colour theory I have no idea what to do haha, should I try paint things from life and that would make me naturally pick it up?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghast View Post
    same boat as you dude (Im majoring in illustration). look forward to seeing your stuff
    good to hear I'm not alone! damn I wish there was a good illustrator course where I am, would have loved to pursue it.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,882
    Thanks
    1,455
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    For colour theory huevaluechroma.com is very good, but a bit boring and some parts difficult read. If you can sit through it though there is a TON of fantastic info.

    Other than that, yeah still lifes will help you to absorb information on how colour works.

    Don't forget to apply the knowledge after doing a study--for Bridgman try some views of the limb or whatever you are studying from your imagination afterwards, or for a colour study try a painting with the same palette.

    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

    "Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

    "If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    840
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 218 Times in 206 Posts
    Hey Andre!
    I like your style, especially the pink / violet ones. Keep that up. Please let us see more :-) Subscribed.

    Flo

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 410 Times in 393 Posts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    Thanks guys! ^^



    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sonea View Post
    For colour theory huevaluechroma.com is very good, but a bit boring and some parts difficult read. If you can sit through it though there is a TON of fantastic info.

    Other than that, yeah still lifes will help you to absorb information on how colour works.

    Don't forget to apply the knowledge after doing a study--for Bridgman try some views of the limb or whatever you are studying from your imagination afterwards, or for a colour study try a painting with the same palette.

    ahh cool cool, thanks heaps for the info! I will definitely be doing some studying like this

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    sketch from Bridgman, rendered with skin swatches

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    895
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 285 Times in 281 Posts
    welcome I like what I see so far, cant really give u any crit with so little up here. But please upload some more and Ill try say something haha. keep it up

    btw I love your sbname

    Cheers/ your friend PMB

    "Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!


    My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintMyBrain View Post
    welcome I like what I see so far, cant really give u any crit with so little up here. But please upload some more and Ill try say something haha. keep it up

    btw I love your sbname
    I definitely will get some more up here, I'm determined to update daily.
    and thank you hahah

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook