Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks

Leon's frame by frame galore

Smashed_Pumpkin had this amazing idea of making a sketchbook thread for animation, and I for one approve, and will follow too. Except I'm gonna start from my crappy badly captured and basics of the traditional days (my school always had issues with broken capturing stations or they were badly set)

Like I said, badly captured >,>

And the good ol' flour sack. Almost everyone goes through this one. Again, badly captured.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Capture issues aside, these look pretty cool! The flour sack is actually my favorite.

How old are these?

You guys are making me feel like I should start a thread too. Not a bad idea at all, actually.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaphkiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks. Those are about 2 years old. After that I started working digitally.

This was my process for that one. I've yet to master the art of using a chart to guide my way through, I kinda just draw out all my keyframes and then go along from there.

Leon's frame by frame galore

Flash kept crashing on me close to the deadline, rushed as all hell.

Thanks
    These are... AWESOME! Gotta say your traditional stuff is really good. Epecially the pillow one. Oh and the digital stuff your last one aswell, really good. Somewhat maybe 1 or 2 too many frames in that one but im just being picky now. Great stuff.

Edit: Oh and i too think the sketchook animation idea is good. I will be updating my existing thread with new stuff too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Northtouch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks man. Yea I had that issue with the guy jumping the cliffs, too many frames near the beginning.

Dude, do it. I actually wanna see what you can do with other animation programs. You already animated in PS, and that's a pain in the ass to do.

Thanks
    Fantastic looking stuff! Good animating always survives a poor line tester and you'rs certainly has survived. Great to see you start an Animation Sketchbook, I think the more people we can get doing it the better.

The sneeze and yawn are brilliant, I love the looseness to them. How long and to what level have you studied animation?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Smashed_Pumpkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    thanks a lot man.

I started doing it on my own about 5 years ago (you should see those, they are horrrriiiible) then I signed up for school about 2 years ago and only got up to Intermediate 2D level. I was about to start a 3D intro, but long story short, a car accident kinda ruined it for me.

The good thing is that I've had plenty of time to look at my own mistakes in all aspects of my work and try to fix them. So in a way, the best thing that could've happen to me was breaking my back, haha.

Thanks
    Here's some more stuff I did.

I wasnt particularly happy with this one. I liked the concept on paper, but I couldnt keep the little girl on model. She also doesnt seem like she's struggling with the box. Fairly happy with the strong man though.

Lip Sync and acting test, audio is from the masterpiece movie 'The Room'

And this one I made about 3 or so weeks ago and it's fairly rough. I storyboarded the whole short, but decided to run with this scene to see if I could actually commit to animating the whole thing.

Thanks
    I really enjoy those drawn-paper tests that you did, and I am also respectful of you doing frame-by-frame directly in flash. (I don't have a problem with tweened cutouts, but most of the time it doesn't look good.) Plus, you had the balls to animate to an existing soundbyte, which again I don't have a problem with. In fact, I got a laugh out of it.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FightingSeraph For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks a ton man, yea I'm not into the weening/bone structure flash animations. They are too static for me. I'll try to get more stuff done coming these next weeks. I need to get a few things done first.

Also thinking of doing that leap into 3D, might have to get Maya first, since all the rigs seem to be made for Maya only.

Thanks
    Very cool stuff! I like the sneeze a lot! You have a interesting style!! ^^

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lundkaon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, thanks. I'm gonna start working on more soon, dont wanna get rusty, need to get better.

You should post yours too, I saw your mouse animation some time ago, it was great.

Thanks

Smile

Yess, I'll be looking forward to more from you!

And, thank you! I haven't posted my animations because I don't think they are good enough yet and I still don't really know how things work on the forum. I will comment a little, see how things work here, make some decent animation and then post. haha

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1