Sketchbook: Gabriel's skeetchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Gabriel's skeetchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gabriel's skeetchbook

Hello there, I've just joined this forum. I've always wanted to draw really well, but I never did any drawing. Finally got tired of waiting to go to sleep and waking up as an artist in the morning, so I am drawing everyday and hope to get better as time goes on.

Right now I am reading Andrew Loomis, Figure drawing for all it's worth, so most of my drawings will be copies of what is on the book.

I can't seem to get my scanner to scan my drawings, most of the times what I get is a blank page, so I am using ink on top of the drawing.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great at looking into loomis, keep reading till the end so you get a better understanding in the muscles and not only the contours

:: www.TomDeVis.com
    :: Facebook !
    :: have a nice day

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got to the muscles/bones part of the book and it looked pretty hard. After trying I discovered it was hard. I am taking a lot of time doing just 1 of the small muscle drawings, about an hour for each, so I was thinking: should I keep doing each drawing the best way I can and taking a lot of time or should I draw more, faster and sketchier?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still on muscles/bones. I could really use some help here, so if you got some time, please give me some advices =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start! You'll get a lot quicker as you progress, don't worry. If I was you, before muscles and bones, I'd try to learn to draw a basic figure in different poses so that you get a good grasp of the proportions. The Loomis manniquin is one great asset for that.

Keep them coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am following Smuli advice and it is harder than I thought, if I put to many action on the manniquin it get's hard to keep the proportions into the perspective and it feels really wierd and if I put them on an almost standing position the proportion won't feel so off, but the pose seems too unnatural resulting on an weird manniquin too. The last one missing a leg, for example, should be crossing his legs, but after some tries all I could get was a leg broken in a very painful way.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Loomis mannequin I meant is this one. I think it makes the job easier because you don't need too many lines to get the pose down with it and marking the limbs that way removes the headache of thinking about the thickness of them, while working on the basic gesture. But it's just one asset, try different things to see what works for you. You just have to draw loads and loads of gesture sketches like the ones you've done to get used to human proportions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I did some of those when I was going through that part of the book, I scanned some today, I will scan the rest another day (vacations ended and college is keeping me busy).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need way more practice

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.