C.O.W. #203 ,the Electricity Thief. VOTING!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: vote for the best "electricity thief"

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • emerging

48 61.54%
  • stimpy

7 8.97%
  • sigmanx007

0 0%
  • yakkman

0 0%
  • RXMT

1 1.28%
  • Eclectix

0 0%
  • Duman

1 1.28%
  • Sunseaker

10 12.82%
  • hhamernik

1 1.28%
  • SCF

10 12.82%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #203 the Electricity Thief_Voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #203 VOTING

Topic: "the electricity thief

Deadline for the voting: march 2nd 9:00 pm pst. (gmt -8 )

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by (lark; February 24th, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: emerging

Concept: Domestic Electrician Tort
    This little creature has a big appetite for electricity. Using his two frontal projections he is able to connect to any socket around your house and stay there for hours munching on electricity. When times are hard, Tort is able to store an electric charge inside his shell to use it for food and even defending himself.

So next time you get a huge electric bill, search your house for Torts but make sure you wear some insulating gear!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emerging For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Electricity Thief

Artist: Stimpy.J.Cat

Concept: Conductor Mite

I apologise for the poor spelling and bad grammer in the text part of my entry, this is due to me posting it in haste and I did not pre read.

Full ress image: Click

Conductor Mite concept: Click

Enviroment Concept: Click

Last edited by Stimpy; February 24th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
    "A Broad Mind Lacks Focus"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #203 ,the Electricity Thief

Artist: sigmanx007

Concept: electrobug

The Electrobug, also known as the Electricus Phasmotodea, has recently been discovered near power plants and more specifically near mainframes. This species has developed an extraordinary feeding system imitating the 'USB' cable, but is in fact an organic tissue which has evolved through time.

Attachment 1175575

PS. I am new to this thread, and I honestly don't know what's happening. I have uploaded and embedde my image several times but i have a 'Database Error' when I try to view it.
    see link : http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...mentid=1175575
    PLZ HELP, i would like to participate.

Last edited by sigmanx007; February 22nd, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Electricity Thief

Artist: Dustbot3000

Concept: Electrosquid

The asexual electrosquid feeds on electricity until its abdomen is engorged with current. Once the charging process is complete, the electrosquid's abdomen bursts to release its thousands of tiny, luminescent offspring to begin a new cycle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: RXMT

Concept: Eclairoid

The Eclairoid is a very small creature that uses its front claws to tear open electric wire. Then, they literally aspire the electricity from the wire through their delicate mouth. If the Eclairoid is a gestating female, most of the electricity is used to feed the eggs on its back, so the more electricity it absorbs, the more it proliferates. Depending on the amount of Eclairoids and the location infested , they can cause a minor blackout (House) or a major energy crisis (Power Plant)

Last edited by RXMT; February 23rd, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Eclectix

Concept: Pan-Dimensional Electric Hellpuppy

The pan-dimensional electric Hellpuppy was first hypothesized by Dr. Franz Mercator to explain periods of dramatic power loss. It was only after pan-dimensional travel was proven to be possible that Dr. Mercator's hypothesis was validated. We now know that the Hellpuppy swims between dimensions, absorbing electrons directly from the adjacent dimensions via gill-like appendages on the creature's back. Whether these electrons are taken from natural sources or stolen from technological components such as transformers or power cables, it is all the same to the Hellpuppy. During periods of migration, large numbers of Hellpuppies can absorb enough electricity to leave major cities completely without power. It is thought that the Hellpuppies' migration follows the migratory patterns of their prey, though little is known about their prey.

The discover of the Hellpuppy also sheds light on why it has need of electricity. An ambush predator, the Hellpuppy can extend its tongue with lightning speed, spearing its intended prey with a barbed, pronged tongue. The Hellpuppy can then discharge a powerful electric shock via its pronged tongue, instantly paralyzing its victim.

Though small, the Hellpuppy is considered highly dangerous when threatened. As a defensive act it can discharge DC current of up to 150 mA, well more than enough to fibrillate a human heart, causing cardiac arrest. As it exists between dimensions, human contact with a Hellpuppy is highly unlikely.

Name:  COW#203.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  92.3 KB

My Illustrated Lovecraft Bestiary project
    Deviantart account
    My ConceptArt Sketchbook
    For freelance and commission work: h.manzee (a) gmail dot com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Duman

Concept: The Thorlex Grub
    This peculiar grub is native to the industrialized areas of the Greater Russikia Hive. Though only inches tall, and are of no physical danger to humans, these creatures are often considered pests due to their diet.
    The Thorlex Grub loves to feet on rubber and metal wiring. The electric charge it gains while feasting is transferred to the bioluminescent bulb on its "tail". This excites the microorganisms inside, which in turn produce a luminous blue light. The electrical charge also serves as a means of safety, due to the fact that the creature has been known to shock hostile organisms.
    While these grubs have been known to damage electrical systems, they are allowed to live peacefully among the populace. The beautiful glow of the Thorlex grub has produced many a scenic night in the Hive.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ArtistSunseaker

Concept: Electric Tetra
    These tiny fish have swim bladders filled with gases lighter than air which allow them to drift through the sky feeding on electricity where huge schools can gather in the summer months. However they are attracted to all forms of electricity and are often seen flitting around pylons jabbing their needle sharp beaks into the cables to feed directly on the power. Needless to say they can pose a serious threat to power-grids in large numbers, being small enough find a way into most power-stations with ease. Individually capable of delivering a nasty shock, even a small shoal could cause serious damage and even death, however they will flee if frightened, and only discharge electricity if captured or hurt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: hhamernik

Concept: Electricity Beast

Creature chews on electrical cords, absorbs electricity and digest / releases from portrusions on its back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh crap I almost forgot to actually post my entry.

Artist: SCF

Concept: Margonian Stripetail

A small, rodent-like creature that absorbs electricity through the appendages on its snout. Though generally considered pests, some people keep them as pets; the exorbitant costs of 'feeding' the creatures has turned them into something of a status symbol. And they're quite cute too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for SCF really cute and i like the fur colors and fur!|
    i guess the only downside of it is that it almost looks too much like a toy rather than a real creature

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for emerging, superb rendering and excellent representation of electricity inside shell! Anyway, you were all awesome out there! will be trying more COWs from now on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also voted for SCF because it was just fun! Definitely a good lineup this time.

It appears that there is something off about my creature this week based on a total lack of votes, but I'm at a loss to understand what it might be. Hard crits would be very much appreciated.

My Illustrated Lovecraft Bestiary project
    Deviantart account
    My ConceptArt Sketchbook
    For freelance and commission work: h.manzee (a) gmail dot com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Stimpy: Good work dude, you only have to work on your finalizing (maybe harder strokes help..)

Edit: I got it! You need to clean your shapes! They should be very sharp.. your recent ones are pretty soft and fizzy

Last edited by MasterStryke; February 24th, 2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: FUCK THE SYSTEM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As impressive as emerging's was...I had to vote SCF. I love the adorable concept.

Please feel free to check out my SKETCHBLOG!

Members who have read this thread: 1