Sketchbook: Jamaludin's Sketchbook Journey : Humble Beginnings

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jamaludin's Sketchbook Journey : Humble Beginnings

Well hello everyone,

Ive been looking and gazing at everyones kickass creations for a long time now, a lot of goodness resides inthese boards. Some of my favorites are Sammy, Xia, Lung Bug, Metalwind, Metaphysiks, Mike Corriero, Puddnhead, Kress, I have allot more favorites but those are that I can recall right now nad those I have seen, so I did not mean to leave anyone out.

Ive been drawing on and off since I could pick up a pencil, and wel I dont like posting this cos it looks really bad but seeing what someone did already he is really good at this point, since he started his sketchbook and got crits from everybody. So heres some of my warmups, I am gonna really start now just got a scanner from my employer.

this is from the 25 of march,

I would love tips on how to improve my lines, my shading, my forms, ways of practicing and getting better, I am hoping that in that way I can improve to a level I like seeing . Thanks for reading...

it sounds corny but I just want to know if I actually have ANY potential for drawing, or thats its just best that I choose another path to follow, which meaning that drawing just isnt for me ? Im sorry for the bad english it aint my native language

Last edited by Jamaludin; April 1st, 2004 at 09:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jamal, the first piece of advice i will give is this: right now you seem unfocused, what i mean is that i really dont see a topic or idea you are trying to develop. maybe unify your thoughts and progress with some studies, start picking things to learn. try anatomy or perspective. learn the basics first and really dig into the works by the masters. post more, i wanna see progress.
    meta

Last edited by metaphysiks; March 31st, 2004 at 11:53 AM.
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya Meta, great that you replied in my attempts thanks allot for taht. Your absolutly right about that, I really dont know what im doing, just take my pencil and I want to make something great, but that aint possible ofcourse haha. Like you are saying I have to unify my concentration energy and thoughts on paper, so Ill gues it would be better if I started WITH the basics, studieng and drawing anatomy first ? Thanks allot ! Ill try to post as often as possible, its so busy lately

tried some semi studys 2day 31 march, but it doesnt ffeel right 2day im down right tired, been busy for the past 2 weeks and I dont feel creative as my drawings show. Another question ? How do I make diffrent lines, all my lines come toghether in a drawing making it look even more flat and dull. And how do I study and draw anatomy without having to shade it, so just with lines ?

ah shooks I give up, I am in to much of a hurry while I draw I noticed this cant be good as well, I need many crits, how to improve my linework, my rendering, which materials would suite me best to begin with ? Anyone ?

Last edited by Jamaludin; March 31st, 2004 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well im starting for scratch now , I did these really fast just to get a feel for it, not to make a nice picture cos they aint, but just trying ti lay some basics down. And I must admit as boring as this kcan be I had some fun, cause Ive never really studied anything when drawing and this time I did, I was looking for what I did or do wrong, at my lines, at proprtions, it already helped me allot.
    Now I see why studieng is so important im gonna start over with my drawing, gonna start at the bottom and learn the basics till the point I can draw them fluidly out of my head.
    I hope for some help and advice along the way, im taking this very seriously, I have this mayor drive and passion for drawing. I am just finding difficulties finding my style, and expressing myself with it. It feels like a block, somewhere in my soul or something.. Well here goes,

I know its ugly, so I can use alot of advice please, its very hard for me to find my way into drawing, but drawing is the best thing to me, how can I develop myself ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    start from the inside out. ..begin your studies with the skeletal structure, then move to muscles, then fat, then skin. you must know the structure in order to really know the human figure. other than that. .. your rendering and linework will improve with practice, but dont try to control your line.. .let it flow. try to FEEL what you are drawing.. ..and make sure that when you draw, you are relaxed. turn on some jazz or something and do your studies.. you can be frustrated when you are drawing this type of thing.

the most important thing, though. .. draw as much as you can

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool 2 art gods helping me out Forgive my enthousiasm but I dig teh works of you 2 so much, thanks for taking the time to look at those ugly renderings of mine haha. I think what youre saying is SO true its the only thing im hearing, draw as much as possible, som im gonna do that even if im busy, no more excuses I tried some form 2day using the method of Loomis and it came out so fun and its easier this way, way easier. You just jot down some shapes for everything and then make the form, very cool, but ill follow youre advice now and start inside out, maybe even 2night. And im indeed 2 stressed out, think ill start drawing relaxed 2night. Thanks so much for your help hope you find the time to do so one some basis Thanks allot, I really appreciate it allot ! Here are some thumbs I did using that method and a 2H pencil, still cant find that hard softness thats suits me best..

ow b.t.w. how could I get my hands on some good reference material, and in what way would I practice bones and its structure and such metal ? Thanks allot in advance !

Last edited by Jamaludin; April 1st, 2004 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Jamaludin, Like many others, myself included your starting with loomis I am still a beginner, so my advice is maybe not the best, but I think you should start with that Mannikin Loomis made. Take a look in my sketchbook if you don't know what i'm talking about

keep it up!

(sorry for my bad english, this i'm learning too :p )

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.