so sing your heart out .
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

so sing your heart out .

Hey everyone! This is my first post here on ConceptArt I would love the help of you guys! This is my third attempt at digital art (my new highschool has a class set of cintiq' s in the mac lab, wootwoot!) So I'm taking advantage of that.

The general idea of her face is that it' s backlit, thus the halo of hair, and the heart is supposed to glow reflecting light onto her face. There is still a lot of work needed on the heart, I know. Also the glow colour I used just looks odd, taht will have to be fixed. Any other glaring errors in facial anatomy/structure/lighting? I'm not working from any references and I've been staring at this for so long now I can't tell if there's anything wrong anymore. Thankyou so much!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please guys, any help at all would be SO appreciated I just do not know where to go now in terms of rising the facial structure which looks odd to me probably cause of the lack of references . Thank you !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi I hope you dont mind that I did a quick sketch over, I think its easier shown than said sometimes for us art people ^__^

I think overall your piece is coming along great, just strengthen up the face structures.. I think it looks a tad soft/rounded right now. The face also looks a bit long so shortening it may help. And because there's so much glow (the backlight, the eyes, the heart) try to choose a primary one and let the secondary, tertiary fall a bit back. Because the heart is causing the glow, it will be strongest around chin, neck, upper chest area, tip of fingers and fade out from there. Also try think and draw of the face in planes. As for the hair, think of it as like a piece of draped cloth over her head, the hair on the top will cling to her head more because of the hair weight, then when it comes down, you can paint it flowy or however you want. I hope that helps and make sense!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.