Sketchbook: the VolTAgE sketch book thread

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Hello everyone! I've been very curious about joining this art site and I've finally decided to join. My gosh, there are so many great artists on here to be honest.. I was a bit scared. lol I just came back to art about 3 years ago and just recently started doing digital art. Painting in general is very new to me, since I'm originally an aspiring comic book artist. Now I'm back to drawing and I have an unbelievable amount of passion, like never before. I'm hoping I get to meet some of you great people. I wish to learn and absorb as much knowledge as I can as well. So, cheers guys, glad to be here

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by VoLtAgE; February 13th, 2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: trying to figure this out
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    tron jam

    this was done the day before the Tron movie was released. This piece is horribly stiff lol I'm not sure if this is how i'm supposed to post sketches on here so forgive my thread etiquette and please correct me if I'm wrong.

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Last edited by VoLtAgE; February 13th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    armene

    did this for the awesome armene. this was my last sketch before my move. getting ready to move again. yay.

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    One eyed jack sketch

    this is an old one. but this is the piece that brought me back to art. so this piece will always be special to me.


    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    bloody mary

    bloody chick

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    army of two process

    this is one of my oldest digital pieces . i saved the progress.

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Hey I like the One Eyed Jack, he's such a comicbookish character, like the crisp shapes and lots of cool details. Keep on the good work, man.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarmati For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmati View Post
    Hey I like the One Eyed Jack, he's such a comicbookish character, like the crisp shapes and lots of cool details. Keep on the good work, man.
    thank you very much, you've got some awesome work! as for the comic book look, yep lol i'm originally a penciler. aspiring comic book artist. but i've recently fallen in love, deeply in love with digital art. thanks again for the kind words

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    environment speeds

    old stuff, again

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread



    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    speedie collab

    this one was drawn by me in just monotones then my buddy chris shehan added color and textures. i then added the two figures. we're huge fans of the steambot guys so we wanted to try painting over each other's work for fun. this is a more recent piece.

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    studies

    feng zhu is def one of my biggest insperations

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread


    layouts for a pin up i did for Dan Govar's Azure.

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked 373 Times in 328 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to hücumkedi For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hücumkedi View Post
    nice start dude
    thank you

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    first indy work that was published (old)

    yeah, it's indy but it's a start. This was used as a backcover for "Hired Gun" by the awesome guys at Project 4 studios

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 80 Times in 71 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Wow,the last work amazing me,man!You do it very well in paper.
    Your work show you have good talent .
    Do some basic studies.It will help you do the best painting.
    Keep post,man.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to MaFeng For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 428 Times in 379 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Hey man, thanks for checking by!

    Really nice start, must say. A whooole lot better than mine haha

    I like that recent piece, the perspective/pose is spiffy! It's something that could be on a cover for sure.
    There are some things to keep in mind though. Never use thick lines on something that's supposed to be further away, it kinda destroys the foreshortening (head and pants for an example). The pose is a bit too complicated for me too.. It feels a bit cramped I guess.

    So just to be more helpful and not leave it with that, I drew a super quick guesture in paint with my mouse (so excuse the extreme sloppyness). I would have done it more like this I think. Mainly because you want the focus on the gun/guns because that's the main action going on. And by pulling the legs inward more makes it easer to look at because then everything isn't pointing in the same direction.

    I'm not too sure if this is choice of preference or not but as long as you can get something helpful out if it, it's all good, right? Thinking about it, my gesture kinda gives that spidy impression.. might be because I like spiderman


    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Loathsome For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaFeng View Post
    Wow,the last work amazing me,man!You do it very well in paper.
    Your work show you have good talent .
    Do some basic studies.It will help you do the best painting.
    Keep post,man.
    thank you so much! i'll def keep posting and keeping an eye on your work. thanks again

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loathsome View Post
    Hey man, thanks for checking by!

    Really nice start, must say. A whooole lot better than mine haha

    I like that recent piece, the perspective/pose is spiffy! It's something that could be on a cover for sure.
    There are some things to keep in mind though. Never use thick lines on something that's supposed to be further away, it kinda destroys the foreshortening (head and pants for an example). The pose is a bit too complicated for me too.. It feels a bit cramped I guess.

    So just to be more helpful and not leave it with that, I drew a super quick guesture in paint with my mouse (so excuse the extreme sloppyness). I would have done it more like this I think. Mainly because you want the focus on the gun/guns because that's the main action going on. And by pulling the legs inward more makes it easer to look at because then everything isn't pointing in the same direction.

    I'm not too sure if this is choice of preference or not but as long as you can get something helpful out if it, it's all good, right? Thinking about it, my gesture kinda gives that spidy impression.. might be because I like spiderman


    the VolTAgE sketch book thread
    thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me!

    i def do need to work on my line weights. lol thanks again dude, it really means a lot i'll be keeping an eye on your work as well.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Santa Monica, California
    Posts
    517
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 193 Times in 167 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    thanks for your post on my thread. I am really digging your pencils. It seems like you are trying to focus on improving your paint. If that is the case, one thing that has been great for me (not that I am all that great) is doing digital painting from life on the program called Colors! on my Nintendo DS. Something about not having to fight the pigment makes it much easier to learn what the light is actually doing, also there are a lot of other phone apps and tablets that make portable digital painting easy. Just a though. Keep up the awesome work.

    For Science- Sketchbook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ForScience For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    old sketch. i was just learning (i still am) values

    thank you guys for the kind words


    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ForScience View Post
    thanks for your post on my thread. I am really digging your pencils. It seems like you are trying to focus on improving your paint. If that is the case, one thing that has been great for me (not that I am all that great) is doing digital painting from life on the program called Colors! on my Nintendo DS. Something about not having to fight the pigment makes it much easier to learn what the light is actually doing, also there are a lot of other phone apps and tablets that make portable digital painting easy. Just a though. Keep up the awesome work.
    awesome, that sounds cool. thank you so much for stopping by and for the kind words

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  28. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    my first digital painting

    did this with a mouse lol i quickly got addicted and got a wacom



    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  29. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    quick sketches

    a quick mona lisa value study

    the VolTAgE sketch book thread


    old sketch after watching district 9.


    the VolTAgE sketch book thread

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    i really like your style in the pic of a guy with a machinegun...good work, keep it up

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to DaevidK For This Useful Post:


  32. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida but moving to Virginia soon
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by davK View Post
    i really like your style in the pic of a guy with a machinegun...good work, keep it up
    thanks dude! you got an awesome sketchbook!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  33. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 67 Times in 63 Posts
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Really nice work! The district 9 piece is super-atmospheric

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook