help me with digiart
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: help me with digiart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question help me with digiart

ok, im new to the world of digital art, i found this form and decided to ask a question; what the hell do i do? i have downloded photo shop free trial and i am familiar with most of the tools but i just cant seem do get anything like the same effects as the professionals. i can daw, quite well infact, but digital art remains a mystery to me, is thereanyone out there who doesn't mind helping me?
    someone please tech me to do some awesome digi art.
    im not gonna show previous attempts, they suck too much.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doin the kind of awsome art you want to make rite now will take time n no one can teech you it but urself. and by the tim you get to that level your interests will have changed becausde you won't be 16 anymore and what is now awsm probably won't be anymore then. Awesome art is liek the horizon, permanently out of reach but as you leaern to care less about it and just enjoy the journey otyhers might start callin ur art awesome. like perhaps some people think ur present stuffs' already awsm but you don't, well that'll probly never really change so don't hold your breath and just have fun

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok, im [a perpetual beginner] to the world of [watercolor], i found this form and decided to ask a question; what the hell do i do? i have [a bunch of watercolor stuff that I bought at Daniel Smith's] and i am familiar with most of the tools but i just cant seem do get anything like the same effects as Winslow Homer, Andrew Wyeth and James Gurney]. i can daw, [allegedly] infact, but [watercolor] remains a mystery to me, is thereanyone out there who doesn't mind helping me?
    someone please tech me to do some awesome[watercolor] .

[As to composition and spelling, most of my problems could probably be solved through frequent beatings and electric shock. . .]

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Step One: Get a tablet.
    Step Two: Have a few shots of medical alcohol.
    Step Three: ???
    Step Four: Employed by Activision.

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

JeffX99 is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Okay...where's the camera?...c'mon guys....guys?

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by falchion View Post
    step one: Get a tablet.
    Step two: Have a few shots of medical alcohol.
    Step three: ???
    Step four: Employed by activision.
    PLZ tell me what step 3 is??? I just finished step two!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Show us your drawings.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a few ways that will make you awesome.

The way of showing your things. Show them.
    The way of true faith, power and the quest for truth. This truth and way is, Photoshop does not have an instant awesome button. Now see the truth of; work, play, eat, sleep; all of these in hard mode.
    The way of step three.
    The way of profit and eternal glory.

Haven't figured out some of those yet though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Double posting on slow internetted workcomputer makes the digital gods of shame cry.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho....php?p=3014023
    Quote Originally Posted by V8pencilsharpener View Post
    actually, i need to compress / wtvr my photoshop stuff, so this is it, I'll be back later today with more stuff.
    We're still waiting...

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Feng Zhu posted this nice intro to Photoshop painting a couple weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaH_WlD_rP4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chrome and i think Firefox both have a feature that will spell check for you. People wont take you seriously if you keep posting like...that. Also show us your art =). Start a sketchbook and cruise around the threads, its not hard to find nice tutorials around here.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i can daw, quite well infact,
    Hmmmm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Hmmmm
    ok guys, is everyone here this rude?
    the spelling is terrible because i am using onscreen keyboard; my actual keyboard is broken, and to be honest I'm not sure my spelling directly effects my drawing skills... and if you are too thick to see that i mean my photoshop attempts suck rather than my drawings then i cant honestly understand how you managed to switch on your computer this morning.
    i was actually hoping people here wouldn't be so condescending but i hadn't realised that i was communicating with a bunch of morons.

of course, anyone who was genuinely trying to be helpful can ignore all of the above.

JeffX99 is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i was actually hoping people here wouldn't be so condescending but i hadn't realised that i was communicating with a bunch of morons.
    Yeah, I guess it's just us. You come on here with some kind of ridiculous, naive notion that someone can "tech" (sic) you how to do "some awesome digi art"...somehow mystified that you don't get "the same effects as the professionals"...claiming you can draw "quite well in fact", yet show none of your work...and you can't be bothered to write/communicate effectively.

Because no one has offered you the magic answers (even though some have offered resources) you resort to childish name calling and insults. And you expect to be taken seriously? Well done.

I'm guessing you're young in years so I'll offer some advice: Don't pout, complain and whine when people don't jump at your bidding, or respond exactly as you expect. Instead take a look at your question, weigh the responses, see if maybe you were coming at things correctly and with an appropriate attitude. Respond with courtesy and respect, even if you feel others have been rude - they may in fact just be trying to wake you up.

I think a much more appropriate, and mature response would have been something like, "OK guys, I've done a little lurking in the threads and realize maybe my question wasn't really on the mark. I'll try to get a sketchbook started so you can see where I'm at with my traditional drawing skills. I'm also working on getting a new keyboard since it's a pain to use the on-screen keyboard, which is why my spelling is off. Thanks again for the tips so far."

Good luck!

What would Caravaggio do?

Portfolio
    Plein Air
    Digital
    Still Life
    Sight Measuring
    Fundamentals

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeffX99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the spelling is terrible because i am using onscreen keyboard; my actual keyboard is broken, and to be honest I'm not sure my spelling directly effects my drawing skills... and if you are too thick to see that i mean my photoshop attempts suck rather than my drawings then i cant honestly understand how you managed to switch on your computer this morning.
    Sure, you are correct, typing and spelling doesn't have any relevant bearings on artistic skills, but at least a good grasp of communication makes a key first impression.

But in anycase, you might be bad at digital drawings, but you're DAMN good at burning bridges. Keep this up, and you'll alienate most of the community here. If you don't mind that, then there's always dA.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!

The process is usually like this:

1) you draw one or more things and post them.
    2) people give you feedback about your strengths and weaknesses and suggest ways in which you can improve. You keep an open mind.
    3) practice practice practice with more uploads and feedback .
    4) awesomeness!

Be patient and polite when people make suggestions.

Welcome to the forums and good luck!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PsiBug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following

of course, anyone who was genuinely trying to be helpful can ignore all of the above.
    I think the issue a lot of us are struggling with in your original post is that it, at least to me, comes off like you just want us to make you good instantly. Also that perhaps you dont want to work really hard to do so, but that last bit is an of assumption on my part.

Quite a few of the "conceptart posterboys" we all look up to (or me at least because i dont attempt to speak for everyone) are symbols of hard work and determination, who slaved over their work for years before they got "good" and started making truly impressive work.

So when i see a post from someone that i assume thinks that digital art is as easy as just knowing a few tricks, it kind of rubs me the wrong way, and makes me think they just want to be good now and dont want to waste any time getting there. Also, the spelling errors to me make the message look careless and rushed, and only further the notion that this person won't give much commitment.

So if really what you want to know is just where to start, grabbing a video wouldn't hurt. Im on conceptart.org so obviously i'm going to plug the conceptart.org videos at the store, but there's lots of places out there. When i was getting started in all honesty though, i got several of ryan church's Gnomon videos and saw the types of brushes he used to paint from start to finish, looked at his general flow, and thought took bits and pieces of his start to finish approach to digital art and went from there. Granted, Ryan Church works with Painter, but it really doesn't matter. Both have basically the same tools and if someone has half a brain they can extract the fundamentals from just about any painter that interests them ( I.E: the charcoal brush in painter is basically a slightly noisy square brush with opacity set to pen pressure )

But yeah, grab a video maybe of a painter painting something that interests you, maybe pull some techniques from the video, and get started from there.

Then make a sketchbook, grow a pair, and start posting to it and learning. It's not like your family is going to get murdered if one random person doesn't like a drawing of yours or gives you an intimidating critique.

Last edited by ArtZealot; March 19th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1