Corel Painter Tilt problem
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Corel Painter Tilt problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Corel Painter Tilt problem

Hello! My copy of Painter has been working flawlessly with my Intuos4 tablet, but all of a sudden Painter refuses to draw with the pen tilted. The brush ghost *does* show the tilt just fine, but when I try and draw a line it just draws it like I'm holding the pen straight up and down. The odd thing is the tilt works just fine in Photoshop and other programs, which is driving me NUTS! I have tried multiple drivers for the tablet, but I can't seem to strangely, get the drivers completely removed from my machine. After uninstalling them, it's keeping my prefs, even when I remove the wacom prefs folder. Does anyone have any ideas before my head explodes? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Painter?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jie Kageshinzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply! I did a 'repair', but I'll go ahead and try a reinstall. It's just so odd that this only happens in Painter. Though, I remember this happening once, but I also can't remember how I fixed it...

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    try resetting your painter workspace, back up your custom brushes and panels and than hold shift when launchin painter application

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply Ikken! Darnit! That didn't work. I need to figure out how to completely and utterly remove the wacom drivers. I can uninstall them, and choose to delete my prefs, but it still keeps them for some reason, and that might be why?

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try searching/posting at wacom boards ( http://forum.wacom.eu/ ), a wacom person is checking them regularly and you'll get some response within a working day
    probably faster if you post now, they're in European time zone.

four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ikken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ikken! I was also going to post at the Painterfactory boards but for some reason I can't get my login to work, and even when I make a new account it's still not working.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing is the feature works in other software, which means it's not the tablet's fault. Unless you installed a new driver which specifically skewer's Painter's performance, I doubt it's the tablet driver.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aghhh! I'm having the same problem. Reinstalled both drivers and software, and nothing goes.

I can't believe this thread was here, because I was just coming to post it. That's the second time that's happened to me. ha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know! It's driving me crazy. I'm going through Painter withdrawal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fixed!!

Wahoo! Wacom Europe's forum comes through again.

"This is on a Windows system ? Search for any files with the name tablet.dat, wacom_tablet.dat and if you had a very old driver als wacom.dat. The files should be removed especially from SYSTEM32."

I uninstalled the driver, then removed these files from the system32 directory, then restarted, then reinstalled the driver and it works again!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzin View Post
    Aghhh! I'm having the same problem. Reinstalled both drivers and software, and nothing goes.

I can't believe this thread was here, because I was just coming to post it. That's the second time that's happened to me. ha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, WTF? It was working fine and then stopped again... (I was trying out the demo of Sketchbook pro, then painter stopped working again.) AGHHH.

**EDIT** After removing user prefs for the Tablet driver it's working again. So bizarre!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what windows version do you have?

I've recently upgraded to windows 7/64 (have been on vista x32 before), and the recent drivers are working quite lame with my intuos3

wacom suggested rolling back to v. 611 or something, the March 2010 build of drivers, as it's the most stable one so far.

(at least I don't have issues with painter, as it's my primary painting program, ughhhhh)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a problem in the past with Photoshop CS5. It happened just after installing some new Wacom drivers. I wasn't getting to pressure or tilt or rotation in Photoshop, but things were working fine in Painter 11 (and in the Wacom diagnostics).

The solution was to uninstall the Wacom drivers completely. Then I ran CCleaner which sorted out any leftover bits and bobs in the registry. Then I re-booted and installed the drivers.

Sometimes Wacom drivers can simply be installed over older ones. But sometimes they can't.

Members who have read this thread: 1