Thanks

Calgary AB,Art classes?

Is there any nightly or weekend classes in Calgary, for beginners?

Shot,, guess this should i went in ART SCHOOLS & EDUCATION, Guess i jumped the gun a bit.
    Last edited by Roost; February 7th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    In Calgary, both Jon Williams Studios and Swinton's offer art classes in all mediums for all levels. Both places contract out studio space to a wide variety of teaching artists. Lessons can be booked by contacting the studios directly. Both studios are also well stocked art supply stores. When contacting them be sure to describe you skill level, as well as the medium and the genre of art you are interested in, and they will match you up with the appropriate instructor.

Also, the Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD) also offers both credit and non credit courses during evenings and weekends. They offer specific instruction on different media and technique.

I have taken courses through all of the above. If you are a beginner who wants to become an artist, going through Jon Williams or Swinton's is likely your best bet. If you want to gain more indepth knowledge of a particular aspect of art, then consider ACAD.

All three of the above have an internet presence and a brief Google search will get you contact info.

There are more sources of art instruction in Calgary than what I have shown above. These are just the ones I have had experience with. They are a good place to start.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it's gonna piss you off!

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ed-...47726545290769

Thanks
    Not exactly classes but Quick Draw Animation society holds drop in life drawing on Wednesdays for $10 from 7-10

http://www.quickdrawanimation.ca/cou...e-drawing.html

On Tuesdays Capital Hill Community Center holds life drawing from 7-10 for $8. It's pretty close to SAIT, you just need to look up the address.