Inspired Angel in the sky, crit needed hehe

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Inspired Angel in the sky, crit needed hehe

Im SHTUCK!

I am always looking for sunlit reference of spread wings and the like, also of such lit clouds. Ive found some stuff but it isnt really helping me.

Im looking much more into colour theory and such and lighting but your c+c will be much appreciated.

This is inspired by an image of what angels may look like, its a battle in the sky. The bow is going to be kinda made of light (biting more than i can chew xDD)

i like to get things out of my head as i see them in my head, but i fail at the technical side of light, so whats ya thinks look forward to hearing it

I tend to sketch and fill in the sketch, i find it difficult to start a whole image in one and continue refining it. probs why i find speed painting a bugger. Id like to loosen up more in painting as i find im very loose in sketching.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    How strong is your light source from the bow going to be? Because I don't know if you should be putting two light sources right next to each other. I think the contrast of surrounding the bow in a darker value would make it pop even more, as well as add variety in the value pattern throughout the piece.

In terms of the technical aspects (of what you're asking), I'll think about it some more and see if I can offer you any advice

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wroblewski-art For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    woo thanks!

I guess ill get to it and blob my contrasts over it in b/w or somthing. Originaly the cloud is supposed to be reflecting the suns light quite brightly.

Ive always been timid about using colours that are too dark, but i wanted it to look well illuminated aswel. infact i probably dont even know what my lightsource is... was supposed to be that reflection off the clouds. *ahh admittance* i feel myself starting this one over hehe

i see what you mean about having two lightcources and bringing out more contrast, will give it a pop! thanksss

Thanks
    look in the reference forums there is a post with a link to backlit reference image collection

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfeeras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's a trick you may want to use for your light bow.

Paint the silhouette in bright, not too saturated yellow. No lines, just the shape. Copy it onto a new layer, hit it with a gaussian blur, change the blending mode to screen and boom. It's a quick and dirty trick, but it often works. Then you just have to paint the effect of the light on the surroundings. That's the really tricky bit. ;

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atreides For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.