Results 1 to 30 of 477
Thread: CHoW#232 :: The Zodiac Warrior
February 6th, 2011 #1
CHoW#232 :: The Zodiac WarriorDESCRIPTION
ROUND #232 :: The Zodiac Warrior
The Zodiac Warrior
For ages a war has been going on between 12 different tribes, all of them empowered by a different starsign. The Zodiac Wars have been the stage of many famous powerful warriors and mages, yet none of them powerful enough to overcome the others. Which starsign channels the most power? Who will end the Zodiac Wars?
Design the strongest Zodiac Warrior!
- Can be male or female
- Setting, timeframe, style; completely open!
- Starsigns must be based on the western system: aries, pisces, libra etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_sign
- Signs should show in the design, either in symbols and colors or literal references.
- This is the warrior capable of winning the war, so (s)he must look impressive!
PLEASE NOTE THE RULES AND THE DEADLINE TIME
SUNDAY, February 13th, 2011
Deadline is Sunday, at 9:00 pm (GMT +1). (Check your timezone!)
If you do not stick to these 6 simple rules, you will not be added to the poll.
1) FOLLOW THE TOPIC.
It's about designing the character of the topic. The environment or side characters are far less important.
2) SHOW AT LEAST ¾ OF YOUR DESIGN.
This is not an illustration contest, but a design contest. Show your whole design!
3) POST YOUR FINAL IN THE FINALS THREAD.
4) INCLUDE WIPS WITH YOUR FINAL.
Show your work in progress and post (links to) this in the finals thread!
5) SAVE YOUR FILES IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT. Chow##_Nickname
No final.jpgs please!
6) PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC
(you can add CA logo, etc).
About quality - as general rule: if your shapes and values are not decent - you are out. Watch proportions, perspective etc. we need perfectly readable shapes and coherent, consistent values.
BE PROFESSIONAL - only finished and good quality entries will be taken to the poll. Icemoon and Arthemis IX will make the selection.
Please review these helpful reminders if you have not done so already.
ON GETTING TO POLL
NEW ROUND RULE: WIPS PLEASE!
SUBMISSION FORMAT REMINDER
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE YOUR COPYRIGHT INFORMATION UNDER THE IMAGE IN THE FINAL BURNING THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN LATER!
Last edited by Eofn; February 27th, 2011 at 01:53 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a member
The Following User Says Thank You to Martheart For This Useful Post:
February 6th, 2011 #2
February 6th, 2011 #3
February 6th, 2011 #4
February 6th, 2011 #5
February 6th, 2011 #6
How about the newest star sign? The Ophiuchus? Is that a possibility as well as the 12 others?
February 6th, 2011 #7
February 6th, 2011 #8
The Following User Says Thank You to Martheart For This Useful Post:
February 6th, 2011 #9
woopwoop, first (well not first, but the first I'm showing.. :p) sketch. Going for the Aquarius warrior woman with a stormy waves shaped blade thingie. Maybe I'll make her a bit more aquatic/alien as well dunno.
February 6th, 2011 #10
aaaaaaahahahahahaa *freaks out*...to much possibilities....can....not....decide...what to go ...for...*head explodes*
so here my thoughts, just to share and talk.
obviously are there some more suitable options and some less suitable ( therefore all the more of interest conceptwise)
first things first... I first of all thought that the names of the astrological sign should be less an allusion to the real constellation of stars but rather nicknames they got as a result of their physical appearance or behavior.
1. Sagitarius...yeah the most obvious one ... he shots...thats what you do to win a war...shot until they stop moving, maybe this particular one invented a gun so friggin huge that nothing can stand it. Period.
2. Taurus , overcoming the enemies with pure physical strength, maybe a considerable amount bigger than the ones around him
3. The twins offer a great "win-condition" as it might be quite impossible to win against them as they are always 2 so in a one on "one" versus match of champions theyll wipe the floor with their opponents , maybe connected spiritually so its impossible to kill just the one of them as both survive if one survives
4. Lion obvious again , he is sublime and mighty, a leader, and supreme fighter ( not the real one ^^ ) thats what you need to win wars ...hes maybe not so much specialized in one particular field but he knows much about pretty much everything
5. The Scorpion, winning the war be killing slowly and secretly ...obviously a assassin like guy...problem here it could get difficult to convey the "win a war part" with that character aka "win in CHOW" part....
6.the Ram....had an idea about him being always in front ...yeah and charging into the enemy ...
I know nothing groundbreaking but these are the options for me
about the others :
1. Crab...could be cool but ATM there is nothing in my mind concerning it
2. the virgin could end this war by sacrificing herself to a certain god who than ends this war, OR she could be some sort of lolita/temptress who plays the others leaders of against each other so that she will be the only one left at the end
3. the scales could be a reference to a judge who ends this war by deciding it
4. the fishes....no nothing there either
5. sea goat ...the same
P.S.: why dont we have a "head explodes"-smiley ?
Last edited by Partisan; February 6th, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:
February 6th, 2011 #11
Balance between light/dark, masculine/feminine, good/evil, and some air and fancy fabrics and patterns and, oh, a mask maybe, oh and then some sparklies (but not too much) and...yay!
February 6th, 2011 #12
February 6th, 2011 #13
Being Pisces, and it's my birthday soon I may have to take this one up. Never done a Chow before...so why not? Looking forward to this!
February 6th, 2011 #14
Cool Topic! I'm definitely thinking sagittarius for this one!
February 6th, 2011 #15
Jeez... I wanna do the crab warrior! Just need to finish some assignments first.
February 6th, 2011 #16
The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:
February 6th, 2011 #17
February 6th, 2011 #18
What a great topic with so many options for designs! Desperately wish I had time to participate this week. ._.
February 6th, 2011 #19
The Following User Says Thank You to tbaldree For This Useful Post:
February 6th, 2011 #20Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This looks like fun
I hope that I get enough time this week to get something done and put up. If school doesn't eat all my time then I'll be in for this, already have some ideas... Aries all the way!
February 7th, 2011 #21
initial sketch :/
February 7th, 2011 #22
Gemini twins (although I'm not even remotely a Gemini. I just don't feel like drawing a sea-goat. You have to be in the mood for that sort of thing). Drew the idea from the Greek and Roman mythology behind "Gemini" who were the twin brothers Castor and Pollux. One brother is immortal while the other is not in the original mythology, but my little twist is that through their breath (since this zodiac's element is air), they can pass that immortality back and forth between them.
Here is one brother giving the other his immortality to heal a fatal wound:
The Following User Says Thank You to l'Aria For This Useful Post:
February 7th, 2011 #23
oh tbaldree, your Aries is exactly what i have in mind, except i'm going for more armor instead
February 7th, 2011 #24
tbaldree- Really awesome start!!
tempest-haze- Cool starting concept. I like the idea of the twins. Keep it up!
My initial idea-ing for my character, Sagittarius.
I'd like to keep him somewhat human and have him build his horse legs as armor (sagittarius centaurs and what-not). Once the horse armor is built, it's baked onto the character in a big fire. The baking and rituals give the horse part life. Don't really know how to show all that though, so I'm just kicking around sketches. Any Suggestions?
February 7th, 2011 #25
blackrobin - sorry I bet they'll be plenty different tho!
OliviaM - that leaping pose dead center is really awesome - love it! The idea of 'building' the horse-half of the centaur is also super-cool.
I'm on fire tonight - yow! Hand hurts.
Trying new brushes and a focus on not oversaturating.
Last edited by tbaldree; February 7th, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
February 7th, 2011 #26Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Sweet, this will be my first CHoW, I just joined ConceptArt.org recently! Nice topic to start out with better get sketchin'!
February 7th, 2011 #27
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartogriffi For This Useful Post:
February 7th, 2011 #28
Halogen Loving that you've designed a weapon out of the symbol that's an awesome idea!
Partisan Sagittarius is the most obvious? I was going to do that one but now i feel like it might look like I haven't really tried I guess I could take her down another route, like a rogue or Assassin's Creed style ranger type....
LA-Fairy Nice idea with the dream concept. I love the idea of the Pisces tribe being a group of almost psychic astral warriors.
I was thinking so much about this last night I ended up dreaming about it. Taurus were massive, almost viking in appearence, Aquarius were alot like the water benders from Avatar, Leo's were like paladins using holy light and stuff like that and Sagittarius were Lightning rangers, sort of like Zeus' offspring. The funny one was Vigro who were bascially either assassins in harems or slaves.... which got me thinking what would a Virgo warrior look like?
Cartogriffi / Refschaufscheik I went and did a bit of research on Ophiuchus as I'd never heard of it before and it turns out that in the old system I would have been one! I think I prefer an archer over a dude wrestling a snake though
February 7th, 2011 #29
tbaldree - well nothing is cooler than that helmet design, can't promise that one wont be similar, lol
edit : alrite here's a sketch
Last edited by blackrobin; February 7th, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
February 7th, 2011 #30
The Following User Says Thank You to Teundeboer For This Useful Post: