Twitter!?!?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Twitter!?!?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Twitter!?!?

Do you use it,if so who do you follow?

For me iam following:

adultswimgames
    CraigyFerg
    TheAppBrain (AppBrain for Android)
    Oatmeal (The oatmeal is full to the brim with comics, quizzes, and stories)
    markmacd (Executive Director at 8-4, Ltd. For talk about Japan, games, and Japanese games, come: follow Gaming Jesus.)
    joerogan
    ConanOBrien

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent networking tool bro, I also use it to bag hot chicks
    Follow me then dig through who I'm following, lot"s of "artsy stuff"
    Take your pick.

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I mainly follow celebrities and people I'm a fan of. Great way to get updates from bands and such.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I mostly follow my webcomic friends, my RL friends, Adam Savage and a couple bloggers with interests relevant to mine.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Thanked 5,457 Times in 3,668 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I follow people from here and cghub, but I unfollow people who don't follow me back as it's boring having a one sided conversation. Any celebs I follow are mainly business people with a sense of humour.

I post about housework, my kids, my husband, work, lack of sleep and spam. Silly conversations are my favourite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I follow a few friends, artists, designers, photographers and a couple of actors and musicians. I also follow qikipedia, forteantimes, coilhouse and weirdnews which always gives me something interesting to read. I definitely don't use my twitter enough though.

'Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap-on' -Vince Masuka

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't twit and you won't find my face in a book.

I have enough things on my plate taking care of my own life to ever even think about having the time to follow someone around like cattle; nor do I think I'm important enough for someone to have to keep tabs on me.

You hear me IRS?!?! I'M NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH!!!

Personally, Twitter and Facebook are no different than Geocities, Angelfire, MySpace, etc. In time, they will die out and fall by the wayside. I think the masses are getting into "Casual Internet"; technology tech geeks have been using for a decade before them and really don't care, but now become big news because the masses just got a hold of it.

"Doing something half-assed more than once just makes you more of an ass."
    ●● I7 920 2.67GHz QUAD ●● 12GB DDR3 ●● GTX285 OC ●● WINDOWS 7 PRO X64 ●● ADOBE CS5 ●● CINTIQ 21UX ●●

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AegisKleais For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 681 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AegisKleais View Post

*writes user name down*

That...can change donchaknow!

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I have enough things on my plate taking care of my own life to ever even think about having the time to follow someone around like cattle; nor do I think I'm important enough for someone to have to keep tabs on me.

Personally, Twitter and Facebook are no different than Geocities, Angelfire, MySpace, etc. In time, they will die out and fall by the wayside. I think the masses are getting into "Casual Internet"; technology tech geeks have been using for a decade before them and really don't care, but now become big news because the masses just got a hold of it.
    "Dramatic irony is a disparity of awareness between actor and observer: when words and actions possess a significance that the listener or audience understands, but the speaker or character does not." - Another casual cattle communication node.

In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a twitter page and like to follow actors, comedians and writers. the ones I find most interesting at the moment are; Nathan Fillion, Simon Pegg, Neil Gaiman, Neil Patrick Harris, John Cusack is a twitter fiend and Derren Brown is too. It's weird to think you have a live feed on what goes on in their heads. Most of the time I wonder if the updates are done by their PA or even someone in a PR office, but these guys always seem genuine. It's a nice distraction every now and then but I mostly forget I have an account and I only comment on it if I'm bored, like I am here now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Umm...why use Twitter when MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Skype, and Trillian are already available?

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear by Twitter. At first I was a little confused by the concept of it, but now that I have gotten a hold on all of the possibilities with this social networking, I am officially obsessed. You can follow anyone, anything, any company, service, product and get constant updated news and information regarding who/what you follow. It is the most efficient way to keep yourself informed. By being limited on the characters allowed in a post, people can easily find the focus on the links/posts in a tweet and only need to read what they are interested in. It is easily the most sufficient site in modern technology. I highly advise using it and following as many people/things as possible!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,457 Times in 3,668 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ellendegen View Post
    I swear by Twitter. At first I was a little confused by the concept of it, but now that I have gotten a hold on all of the possibilities with this social networking, I am officially obsessed. You can follow anyone, anything, any company, service, product and get constant updated news and information regarding who/what you follow. It is the most efficient way to keep yourself informed. By being limited on the characters allowed in a post, people can easily find the focus on the links/posts in a tweet and only need to read what they are interested in. It is easily the most sufficient site in modern technology. I highly advise using it and following as many people/things as possible!
    Why follow people who you have little interest in? I follow 103 people and try to connect with each one in a month. I catch up every day with what's been happening, follow a few links. And that's another thing, if you don't know the people, you don't know whether to trust the links.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Umm...why use Twitter
    I've personally never gotten paid freelance work from random chat programs.
    Twitter, on the other hand....

It's all how you use it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After quite a while I set up my own twitter account! not really following anyone yet though! Follow me if you like /warrenjerzyszek

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    made one, left it in the dust...its been sitting some where for years, and i aint looking back son!!

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love Twitter, mainly for talking with people and stalking... I mean following other artists. I like to look at what other people are creating and its nice to have a feed to go check and get inspired. I also use Tumblr for the same reasons.

Through twitter, I have found new music to listen to and also learned about indie film projects and other cool things. I think you have to make it work for you and use it in a beneficial way. Remove the whole "scoring freelance work" and "marketing" aspect from your mind and just enjoy it I say.

Post work, chat, mingle... its like a micro version of a forum.

@shrunken1985

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and with Twitter, you can organise riots and topple governments, so its has other useful features I guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

same here. except I do have my face in a book.
    When I moved to Canada my friends asked me to get one so they could get in touch with me through there.
    Nowadays is more like my Playstation3's facebook, since I clicked something somewhere and it has now taken a life of its own.
    I call it my own little social media experiment though. I wonder how long it takes for people to get sick of my ps3's trophies updates and delete me from their page.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I follow Hideo Kojima

here's mine http://twitter.com/FOXIDE

>>> GALLERY <<<
    <<<SKETCHBOOK >>>

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.