Thread: Dead Space 2

Thanks

Dead Space 2

Surprised I haven't seen a thread about this yet. I'm not usually very big into horror games but I was surprised by how much I liked the first Dead Space and lately I've been playing the sequel like mad. Anyone else played it yet?
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    Yup, i loved dead space 1. If one pays attention to the environments in dead space 1, they really do some awesome stuff with shape language/repeating common shape themes etc. to set a mood. Dead space 2 i'm about halfway through, it's also a great game just like the last, great art etc, though not as scary. But i think that's just cause im battle hardened from killing necromorphs in dead space 1.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Artstation

Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

Thanks
    i have the game right next to me but i cant install it because my ROM is fucked up, it has a mind of its own and it only accepts random discs xD
    Click and see my Deviantart account http://ban---kai.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Same here ArtZealot. Dead Space seemed to focus more on the action aspects of the horror, I mean sure the monsters are scary and I jumped on more than one occasion but I don't find myself narrowly walking down each corridor and nearly wetting myself

I was impressed with how much they had improved, new enemies, cooler environments, weapons upgraded, the map system was WAY more efficient, not to mention that zero gravity travel is way more fun, plus they broke a horror game cliche by having a companion that didn't die within 5 minutes of meeting her. Overall a successful sequel, looking forward to the next.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    I was very impressed by Dead Space 2, and I had pretty high expectations for it given how much I enjoyed the first one.
    One of the features I consider a major improvement is the ability to switch between different outfits within the same save file.
    Sometimes I want to fight mutant space zombies looking like retro spaceman, and sometimes I want to look like crazy futuristic armored space warrior from space.

I despise Pukers with a thousand passions, though.
    My knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only outmatched by my zest for Kung-Fu treachery.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Designwise I find the sequel to be superb. I loved the changes they made, and the new add ons, such as empty magazine-clip flicking out when reloading, and zerogravity-flight (though, here I wish they combined the new feature with the old jumping style from game 1). What I really enjoyed about the first game was the suit-upgrades, I saved sooo much money just to get and buy the next upgrade, the design was totally rad. In second game I was slightly let down with some of them, and disliked the fact you HAVE to play two or three times to get second upgrades of certain suits. But all in all. Great game, the story really held up this time. Thats my two quick cents of the game I haven´t touched in a while now. Back to school, and drawing.
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page