Sketchbook: Adrien Digiglio (TronRobot's) Sketchbook - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Digiglio (TronRobot's) Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tronrobot thanks for stopping by! Great studies you have going on here! Your work has more of a graffiti like feel to it. i see a lot of consistency in your style. Normally I say dont go bold with the lines everywhere but in this case I believe boldness gives to your unique style. Also, I really love your cartoon character. I would like to see more colored in works because I really like some of the stuff you did. Keep it up man!

Last edited by yogeshj25; April 26th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yogeshj25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude i totally understand where your coming from i love doing portraits and life drawings im constantly studying fine arts and painters... but im going to a school for media arts and animation which focuses on computer programs and animating and rigging and such.. my theory is if you can paint and draw better than anyone you can get a job most places as long as you also know the basics of the business your in and the programs that are used but theres always positions for good artists just look at studios that need storyboard artist ( i think in gaming you still use storyboards but idk) you have to be really good at drawing from life to have nice accurate storyboards so idk what to tell you for a career path i know a couple of people that paint for a living and they dont make much money and they do alot of teaching on the side too, you can always take a fine arts class or go too workshops to learn more fine art skills then keep going with your game course i guess the question is can you make a living with what you choose to do in the end

4. The Following User Says Thank You to prsnsweeney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would say try transfering to the fine art's course and take that. I went to a school and took fine arts for a year after highschool and I didn't really like it though. The school I went to kinda frowned upon actually drawing. They wanted more challanging art which for the most part looked really awful =(

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Eh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love your work,you`re a real artist and i think fine art is yours.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

More Works at My Blog
    My Concept Art Sketchbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to htkpeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yogeshj25 Thanks man! im happy u like my stuff. yeah i do like using bold lines, im considering toning them down a bit, so i can actually learn how to draw 'properly' ...if u get what i mean. Yeah colour will come into play soon! its been on my mind for awile.....xd. thanks for posting

prsnsweeney thanks for your reply! yeah true man, the real guarantee to get a job is if your really a damn good artist...and well, i guess the course i am in isnt cutting it atm. I know what your saying, i can do the games course and do normal art at the same time, but id prefer to do drawing at university also, so i can accelerate my improvement. Hey man thanks for helping me out

NiaLain thanks for replying! so u think i shud take the fine art course? haha i know wat u mean......there views on art can be so much different to us. Wat worried me was seeing some really bad examples of the art coming out of the course, like a photograph of some buttons and cotton wool on the ground. There was no actual examples of drawing, paining, even still lifes etc. but the course did mention a strong emphasis on life drawing.........one thing that really inspired me about the course, was when me and a friend of mine went to check out some of the work. Some peoples studio's were decent, others were not. But one dude was working on a forest environment in oils. it was really damn good. and i just had a thought of sitting in the studio, drawing as much as i could + painting. going to art history classes/lectures, getting help from the teachers etc. So i guess that's wat i really want. anwyays........

thx everyone.

if anyone else has some thoughts on this please tell me! ill be forever grateful. oh yeah wont be much updates for awile, uni work is calling....

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, I like the way you stylize faces and your ink work has some nice and clear lines.
    I think that you lose some of those clear shapes and forms in your pencil rendering sometimes, maybe you should try to think more in planes and form. Because some of your shading doesn't seem to help suggest form.
    Like in the bottom head in this picture, http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1303822511
    The shading and the lines don't seem to work together quite right. Maybe you should try thinking in big shapes and planes to construct things more clearly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teundeboer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really liking the way you use your lines. Awesome and distinctive style too. Keep it up man!

죽는 날까지 하늘을 우러러 한 점 부끄럼 없기를..
    Sketchbook

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EVOL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been a shit week. Haven't done much. heres some random stuff. Tronrobot will be back on the wagon soon, i promise.

Teundeboer - thanks for ur crit, big help! i gotta remember planes and form, and thinking in big shapes and planes. Ive noticed that with my drawing, too. (the confusing rendering etc.)

EVOL - thanks bro! thanks for looking at my shit yo'

- - ill be visiting your sketchbooks in a few days, im capped atm. things take aggggesss to load. bullshit!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow I really love your style! And it's great to see you break it up with some traditional figure sketching as well. Would love to see more!

Thanks for commenting on my sb!

"Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
    it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Toraneko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really great man! I like those crosshatching studies, and I think that you have a very nice and "imposed" style, is like very yours, congrats man keep that work

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Egg0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have had alot of time to think things through, in depth....my mind trying to work out were the puzzle fits. So the conclusion is that i want to be a concept artist in the entertainment industry, and ALSO doing personal imagery and projects, to my hearts content. i want that balance. I want to be extremely versatile, work to any brief, and i want to be good at what i do. Ive reviewed my pile of sketchbooks, im on my 18th currently, and wile it was fun looking at old work, it was also depressing that theres so many drawings and not a huge leap forward. i understand that i draw random shit ALOT, and i dont knuckle down, actively STUDY other artists, gather good reference and inspiration...actually LEARN wen im doing a study, rather than just copy it to fill yet again another fucking page. Cause lets be honest, there aint much pages im 'attached' to, or 'love alot'. Some im happy with, but not many. and that sucks. I want to properly learn color theory, perspective, composition, lighting, mood, and i want the versatility to be able to complete other work, ie. 3d models, characters, etc.
    the goal is to be a concept artist (digital painter) that can paint / draw realisticly, but also stylised and cartoony. I want both.....I need to take my time, stop rushing all the time, cause its fucking getting me no-where. running in circles.........So tomorow, it officially begins. a new slate. hopefully learning properly, taking my time, reading alot of subject matter on art. And im gunna hav a hell of a good time doing it! - - thanks for reading if u get thru all that, i understand everyones busy and have there own stuff to deal with

Toraneko -thanks buddy, yeah traditional figure drawing is were its at need moooarrrrr!
    Egg0 thanks man, yeah my style is a mixed bag, i like it and hate it at the same time thanks for looking

- - expect some awesome, and horrible art in the near future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same boat here. Copied photos a half hour a night for years, quit that and started working cartoon-ish, way better than I started but still in a few years' rut and hoping studies and life drawing might help.

As for the choice of major, my advice would be to look at the course listings for each and maybe talk to an advisor. My school doesn't have an animation program, so I had to decide between fine arts: graphic design and fine arts: drawing and painting. Even though many of the profs are into non-representational stuff and graphic design (as a whole) isn't my thing, I picked drawing and painting because there were ample elective slots and my college will let me sign up for classes at a much more expensive school that does offer animation.

So... you know, go for flexibility and decide what skills you're going to learn on your own time. And definitely talk to someone at your school.

Cool style though.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to beejazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I have flew like an eagle to your sketchbook
    and turned to a pigeon of peace immediately,
    cause everything is so beautiful here inside.
    You are training like Schwarzenegger in his prime days.
    You are a national hero.
    I salute you.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    tron!! i see you've been busy while i was gone ... :3

hmmm... struggling between fine arts and commercial-type art (video game/movie/production/etc)? well go with where your heart lies in the most... you like designing things and using your imagination to its utmost potential then i say yes for staying in the current program you're in... though i already see you made the decision to be a concept artist

i think we're in the same boat that we want to focus in designing things for games and such but also have a passion in traditional fine arts. i believe you can do both and i plan to do so as well. there are many professionals in the entertainment industry who dabble in the fine arts realm so i don't see a problem there whatever you choose i'm sure it will be the right thing.

you're creating art either way~ ^^ keep your head up and keep drawing!

Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

25. The Following User Says Thank You to teapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beejazz - thanks mate ! thanks for ur advice. helps lots
    LtPlissken - thankyou very much plissken, means alot !
    teapo - aw thanks teapo! great advice sir. ur right, we can do both. im happy you share the same situation as me. look forward to hearing from u again

- i shall visit your sketchbooks tomorow, so i can look more in-depth -

thanks peeps

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    left this page out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    I so much love the AK guy,
    and this helmeted space guy.
    You keep creating fun stuff like these are.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken thanks buddy! One day sir. one day we WILL party together!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man your characters are not bad too Nice line and shapes

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kitana_mk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    just browsed trough, first of all thanks for your nice comment in my SB ^^

second this particular picture stands out for me

...dont know how to convey this, but in this little study is much potential, stile wise , study it very carefully think of what you have done and where this might develop to, and I think you'll understand what I mean, maybe try to redo it or do something that looks similar.

anyways keep it up
    Seb

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did I ever tell you how jealous I am of your line work

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kitana_mk why thank you!
    Partisan partisan, thanks for your time. thankyu for pointing out that piece. i also realised potential with it, too. i did it at uni with there super nice tablets. im buying one of them, i just got anuf cash I think that piece is such a different direction for me, and its in a good direction.
    Wingal no, u never told me ! but now i know! thankyou! XD

- Sketch dump....

- - buying an intous tablet soon....so expect to see some paintings and digital sketches ( about fucking time )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tronbot!

First of all, the old guy in bottom left of post 229...UUGGHH YEAAAAA ART PRON@!@

You have almost combined your, what I call, "tribal graffiti graphic design faces" into your figure drawing, or perhaps your figure drawings have made it into them...whichever. The ones where you have, the guy in the top middle of your last post, and 229, are just making me scream, "yes! he's doing it!!" and it's so cool to see it happen naturally in the progression.

You are also finally following the contour of the form in your figures with the shading, there were a couple sketches where you struggled with it and they were a bit flat...sorry maybe they were really really old I cant remember now that I'm thinking of it, but your figures forms are better now that you are following the contour imo.

I think the pictures like the very last one posted above really scream "you" and they pour over into your anatomy and head sketches which I guess are studies, and might make them seem comic style, or cartoon"ish" with thick lines.

Dont get me twisted though, those sh*ts are dope son.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Philosiflo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff.

This is beautiful and the clarity and strength of your line is impressive. No critiques really, I just want to give some encouragement. Good luck, man!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Philosiflo
    Wow thankyou for your kind comment. I was really feeling the pic on 229 like u mentioned, im glad u like it
    I appreciate your limited time to tell my what you like with my drawings. "tribal graffiti graphic design faces" thats a good description of it, thankyou!
    Yeah sometimes with shading the form, i'll forget to actually SEE what i need to desbribe, and i wing it alot....which ends up being a mistake, i do it too much cause i stylise things too much. But im glad im slowly working it out .
    Thankyou for your encouraging post, i will read it many times to come.

dracken
    Thankyou Draken for noticing my strenghs. much appreciated

- If i had any ounce of ego, i would not post some of these extremely quick drawings. I felt like being very rough today, a good release from my frustration....Really i wasnt thinking about anything, just doing whatever. (the countour faces are really horrible) :o. But hey, what good is a sketch thread if you dont post the crap stuff. Altho i do like a few of these pics. dont get me wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, its been ages! Hows it going? Your bashing stuff out at an amazing rate, and its all recognisably 'you'.
    ONly thing Id say is maybe try doing stuff thats totally different as well as the cool graf style stuff, like from the opposite end of the spectrum, like watercolours of the sea or an Aztec pyramid made of gold, yknow, kill that confort zone type thing.
    The one Partisan picked out is particularly interesting.. reminds me of that sweet 80s movie Inner Space...

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The varied line weights in your drawings are really rather lovely and not a skill I've mastered yet. Love to see more.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Caspia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! Great sketchbook! Your line work is so fluid. Really helps your sketches feel alive. The amount of studies you post is inspiring as well! The quick, gestural drawings are neat too! Keep up the great work!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Aresa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some awsome stuff man love the style you got such cool lines and shapes keep studying the fine arts good luck on choosing the path for your career

50. The Following User Says Thank You to prsnsweeney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So were have i been?
    Well, university is forcing me to do some work, semester 1 is almost over....cant wait for the break. I basically took awile off posting, and heavy amounts of drawing for that matter, cause i felt i needed it, and i had to shift my attention to uni work, which didnt require 'much' drawing.......
    So, these few weeks have been quite slow for me, but im ready to get back into my normal rhythm again. JUST a bit more work to go, and then back to drawing! - - on a good note, i finally bought a new tablet, i got the intous 4 large version, quite expensive, but worth it. Now i can actually 'attempt' to paint (lol). Also bought a moleskine large sketchbook, its basically only for more refined work, but its also an experimental sketchbook. So i mite try painting in acryllics , and shit like that. Its gunna be messy, but....errr...more refined? if u get me. I Want a sketchbook that i can be proud of, so this is that attempt. These drawings are still kinda in progress, but i needed to post something. Enjoy.

Velocity Kendall
    hey man, i was thinking the same thing, i need to move out of my comfort zone. So expect to see some new shit.....and i bought some watercolors, so look out for that XD.

Caspia Thanks caspia, appreciate it.

Aresa Thankyou! yeah i try do alot of studies. Havent done any in awile tho ><

prsnsweeney thanks for those kind words sir. Goodluck to u too.

- sorry for the late responses and post. Ill get back to more frequent stuff. -

52. The Following User Says Thank You to tronrobot For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 37