Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Umbravita thanks man, i spent awile on it, i know its got problems but i kinda like it too. thx 4 visiting again sir

Life drawing log 1
    Ill be doing these twice a week, i found a life drawing class and its pretty enjoyable. This is a mix of 30 sec, 1min, 5min etc...and 15 minutes or something (i shud have wrote it down). Im not happy with these, as u can tell i can draw figures better at the comfort of my own home...The slight nerves of having 25 other people in the same room and time limit's etc, but it was good, because u can't procrastinate wile in the class! You just get down and do it! So anyway, expect to see this junk twice a week.

- - crits always helpful. thanks friendsssssssss xxooo

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to tronrobot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook. I've been watching your work and I am impresed, your drawings hava much force and your lines are beautiful, I am a big fan of drawings with pen and ink and your drawings look like that, keep it up!!
    Sorry for my English, I am from Colombia and speak very little English

Good Luck Man!!

Thanks
    lupinIII Thanks man! i appreciate that alot. HEY dont worry man, your english is fluent!

Life Drawing Log 2
    Ok these drawings SUCK. lets be clear here. BUT i wont stop going to life drawing class (this is my second time lol) and one day ill look back and be glad that i did it. When my work is pro So enjoy the failures wile they last folkes!

Thanks
    Amazing stuff man! Very impressed with your line work. Your anatomy studies are great too, you have some real natural flow in your drawings
    Keep it up, would be great to see more!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great that you can take part in a lifedrawing class, and I think the results are really nice! Esp. the last one in post #272 is beautiful.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luxaeterna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 912 Posts
    Dem figures.

Christ. You've certainly done loads since I last checked here- WHICH WASN'T VERY LONG AGO.
    I admire your hard work, keep it up mate!
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't think they suck. I see room for improvement, but I don't see suck either. Sucking is the price we must pay to be awesome later, and I'd say you're safely through the suck stage.

Keep going, keep working hard, and you'll only get better. And fail plenty, too -- we learn best from failures, so the worst thing it'll do is speed up your progress!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbravita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Chips Thanks man! for sure u will be able to see moarrrr
    luxaeterna Thanks alot! yeah they are very enjoyable. And one day the effort will be worth it. Thanks for your encouragments.
    Naidy haha thankyou. Not as much as a machine as you !!!@@
    Umbravita Thanks bro...u always know wat to say ur right , through failure comes progress. And thanks for saying my life drawings dont suck

QUICK post. Sorry peeps been lazy. Found a red pencil. Uhm it looks better in real. shame. enjoy . More stuff coming soon to a forum near u

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tronrobot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,530 Posts

Outstanding traditionals my man.
    You are honing your skills on
    a real nice and gentle way.
    Keep the good things up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,055 Posts
    very nice tron. love the expressive line gestures in the life drawings you're doing well my friend !
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 4,512 Posts
    Thank you for visiting my SB and sorry it's taken so long to get back.

I've had a quick look through your SB and must admit that the life drawing above is what struck me the most, even though you have improved from the beginning. The lady's butt is the best of them, that is a great butt drawing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Nice flowing lines/rhythm in the last one. I'll have to check out the rest of your book soon.

Cheers
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Life drawing classes sound awesome, it seems that it's one of the real ways to quantum leap your skills as an artist.

I'm liking the last image you've put up, it seems like it's going to rock

Thanks
    LtPlissken Thanks man appreciate your comments.
    teapo Thanks teapo
    Black Spot Thankyou, yea tryin my best on the life drawings :p
    p sage Thanks sage
    Steveland Thanks steveland, yeah i think life drawing is very important, i'll try stick at it.

thanks eveyone.

Life Drawing Log 3
    Used charcoal for all the drawings. Should i use a different material or is that the best choice? - more life drawings tonite or tomorow. thx 4 looking. crits welcome of course

Thanks
    Some are 5 mins, 10 and 15mins. If u can read it

Thanks
    Life Drawing Log 4
    The proportions are all over the fucking place. Anyway, it feels like im going backwards cause i think these drawings are worse than my normal anatomy. But i guess its a learning curve working with a different material (charcoal) and bigger proportions. Anyway. 5min, 10min and 15 mins here i think.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tronrobot View Post
    it feels like im going backwards cause i think these drawings are worse than my normal anatomy.
    I've experienced that phenomenon before.

You may think you're backsliding; but you're not... you're just concentrating on a completely different aspect, and it's taking your concentration away from what you used to nail.

It's like learning to play drums... you get the kick drum going, but then when you have to hit the snare... you have to concentrate on two things and you get messed up. Eventually, though, your body performs the drums naturally, and you don't have to even think about it.

So just concentrate hard on the new information, try and absorb it, and work on the other things you think you've dropped when you get time.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks

Thanks
    You'll always feel like you're going backwards when you go out of your comfort zone. So it's good if you feel like you're going backwards, it means you've found a weakness (even if you don't know you have) and you're working on it.

Keep going, keep going, keep going. You're ten pages in which is fantastic, you've really got the habit up and running. I hope you browse other pages occasionally and think, "Wow, look how far I've come!" (And not, y'know, "Oh god I used to suck this is humiliating" because that's not such a good mindset to get into. ) It's been fun watching you progress and seeing your art evolve.

Thanks
    p sage Thanks P sage, your absolutely correct. Thanks! makes me feel better
    Black Spot Thanks man. Good idea with the white chalk, the paper we use is that cheap newsprint. Think it will still work? I will give it ago wen i get my hands on the chalk. Thanks
    Umbravita Thats true man, moving out of the comfort zone will expose your weakness's, and make you stronger. Yeah, 10 pages! can't believe it myself. Haha that's true i shud keep it positive, sometimes i look through my sketchbooks and see what i have done. Sometimes its inspirational, and, well. sometimes its depressing thanks for the kind words, and thanks for visiting my sketchbook so often! I really appreciate that.

Life Drawing Log 5
    Mixture of quick poses, and longer ones..like 10 - 15 and i think theres a 20minute in there. Enjoy. More life drawings tomorow. Faces are hard to draw in charoal. exspecially with time limits!

Thanks

Thanks
    Life Drawing Log 6
    It was super packed, yo! cudent even move! Dont like any of these, there shit except the last one which i like. At least i enjoy 1 of them, rigght?!

Thanks
    AAAAH What the hell!? Your drawings are SO AWESOME! Major love!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyBeats View Post
    keep being crazy! its inspiring

Thanks
    Have you used toned paper for your charcoal drawings? Seems you're having the same difficulty as me controlling the values. You do see them, and you put them in... but the medium tones are muddled.

I've been trying to alleviate this somewhat by using the Reilly method of doing a halftone... right to the spot where the hard shadow changes. (Don't know if that makes any sense... basically you tone half the model and much of the area outside the model to a half-gray)

Cheers and keep working hard... that's the hard stuff.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Thanked 4,524 Times in 2,458 Posts
    yep love these, they have a nice languid rhythm, like a river, yknow?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1308706345
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1309928148
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    HomicidalManda Thanks man, much love to you, too!
    p sage I have not used toned paper, but i mite try that soon. yeah i do have that problem definately, i can see the shadow, i know wat to do, but i cant put it down in charcoal. Im considering just using pencils for this weeks classes, im not sure though. Thanks for pointing that out bro! I'm unfamiliar with the Reilly method, i dont understand it fully, i will look it up and try understand it. thanks mate. Yeah it is hard man! At least im tackling it now. Can't wait to get better tbh. Will give me a boost in confidence across the board
    Velocity Kendall Thanks bro! Yeah like a river. river's are hot.

Thanks friends. Not much to show atm, real lazy atm. Btw my camera is shithouse sorry bout the pics, The skull looks better in the book :/ . Trying to get more subtle tones and pushing the contrast..am i making sense?

Thanks
    Life Drawing Log 7
    OK so i decided to just use pencils in an a3 sketchbook, and i believe the results were terrible. I don't know why, i didnt feel free to find the form, i felt crippled by it, even though majority of my work is used with pencils. I just cudent adapt to translating the live model onto the paper, it didnt feel right. I guess its hard to block in with a sharp point wile you are on fixed time limits, and i think the fact that there is a 'limit' that subconciously it doesnt work. So from now on, CHARCOAL only. maybe pastels sometime, but mostly charcoal. I find it much more relaxing and smooth on the cheap newsprint...And i generally am attracted to the lines it can create. SO pencil no moar!!

Life Drawing Log 8
    So i used the charcoal instead, and i think it looks way better. More importantly wat do u guys think honestly? Be great to hear from you. I feel like im improving somewhat, i dont know though. One of those things were u gotta do it for a lifetime to see something solid. And im ok with that, the fact that i got so much room for improvement is such a great motivation. And im enjoying these life drawing classes all too much, they are quite addicting. No distractions, and i'm very distracted at home. shame. Anyway enjoy, i'll try get some more work in before next week's life drawing classes! Until then, peace!

Thanks
    With your early graffiti pictures you distilled a face down to the minimum and it was effective. Somewhere you've lost that eye a bit and look a bit uncertain. Be bold as you seem to be with the charcoal but watch those negative spaces. Maybe you need to go even bigger and explode.

Thanks
    Nice use of the charcoal for those figure drawings.

TV and vidya games are definitely distractions... I've been watching much less of that lately. Good luck to you!
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Black Spot I understand what you mean, i dont know why but i cant seem to manage faces in the life drawing classes. I dont know what's wrong, I need to do them, but i cant :/ Its strange. I will try look harder, and take note the negative spaces like u mentioned. Bigger and explode? thats a good idea! thanks for your crit.

p sage
    Thanks dude! Yeah they're so bad. Im trying to keep them to a minimum. Thanks again man.

Life Drawing Log 9
    Today was fun, I think i picked up a different charoal, the compressed kind? i dont know, but you had to push harder to get a dark tone. It wud be nice to use the combination of the two. Or am i just dreaming and is all charcoal the same? . Faces are still nasty, i avoided them. Sorry black spot! I'll manage them soon enuf. Stay tuned 4 tomorow's life drawing junk.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tronrobot For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast