Colleges with strong art departments on the east coast

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Colleges with strong art departments on the east coast

Well I'm looking for a college with an art department that's been accredited. The college doesn't have to be an art college. I've already looked at SCAD, RSAD, PRATT. I've also looked at University of Florida college of fine arts.

I'm kinda looking at price. If i can't find anything I like at a university then I will go to an art college.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    thanoss Guest
    This is the wrong section to ask in, you should try the schools and education section of the forums. Other than that you could always try out TAD, its not accredited though.

Thanks
    there's Flager

Thanks
    Derp - This thread got necro'd by spam, but my advice is universal, so I'll leave it be.

If you are concerned with price, then go to a local, in-state university or comm college first. Take all your core (math, science, english, etc.) there, THEN transfer to an art college. This also gives you a couple more years to polish up your portfolio and SAT/ACT to get the maximum scholarship award you can. Just make sure that you double-check your intended art college classes with the ones you're taking at the local place so that they transfer easily. Colleges will also help you with this. I took two yrs of classes at the local uni at about $300/class, then transferred to SCAD which was at the time something like $3000/class (though I got the biggest undergrad scholarship they gave out at the time, so it was technically a lot less money for me). Do you really want to pay $3K for a math class at an ART school?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.