Sketchbook: Morderischen's sketchbook - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my SB, thought I´d repay the favor!

You have really, really good anatomy studies here and some nice indutrial design! Cool ideas. One thing though, you dont seam to implement your anatomy studies into your fictional characters that much.
    Perhaps if you did a real-life study of a person and then just added some cool clothes or armor?
    Great work otherwise, keep it up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Urötskidoji: You are right, I gotta implement those anatomy studies, i realized specially with the shaded girl I am posting with this update. I'll give a go to your suggestion, see how that turns out. Thank you for passing by! I'll keep an eye on you mate .

For today's update: first 4 are life studies, a quick sketch of my cousin, and two pages of a museum where they display masks from different cultures, predominately mexican of course. The first 4 and the last one are from imagination, I really like the cargo ship thingie. And the leg is from life, but it's crap lol. Crits and comments welcome.

Edit: Oh shit! I finally reached page 2! yeah!.

Attached Images Attached Images                      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update 17/05/11

Hey CA. Today's update consists on a couple DSG sketches, a couple of industrial design thingies with effed up perspective or proportions(dammit) and a quick sketch from when I was at the park one saturday, as well as a landscape painting...thing. Truth be told, I color picked my base colors from the photo, and worked from there. I truly have no confidence with colors... but I tried to focus on the big shapes and general mood of the picture rather than the colors, hence the color picking, the most prominent error I notice with it is the foreground looks very very plain, i guess it is because of those black shadow shape things, and the scale is effed up. Oh well, nothing left but keep improving. Crits and comments welcome as always.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update 19/05/11

A few sketches from life, Rilley(?) method head sketches, I'm slowly getting the hang of it, the edges are still quite confusing though, I'll have to look into that later this week. Gestures, A bull creature thing from imagination, no ref. I want to make a bull creature and have been studyin cow anatomy and bulls in general after that sketch, im gonna post em later. Bulls are pretty fascinanting, and bisons look just so damn awesome... might do something with bisons as the central theme. Finally, paiting from life, tried to paint my old and useless cellphone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update 27/05/11

Right. Hey CA. Not much to say. Quite a busy week in school, but nothing too demanding. Here is the first half for the sketches and studies produced in the last week. Continuing my bull theme, I studied cow anatomy (didn't post the skeletal system, but did made a sketch of it, will come in next post) Made another bull creature in the same vein of the last one, a bit more correct, but far less imposing I say. Next, a bison from imagination and a bug like creature. After doing the bison thing I wanted to do, I will continue my creature studies into arthropods and arachnids. Some rilley method head sketches from imagination. It's still pretty hard to define the correct edeges, namely because I haven't studied edges like I said I would. Meh. Trees and trunks from life, really quick suff. A few random sketches of a friend's dog, a very strange furniture piece designed by industrial design students in a local expo, a horse statue very quick sketch and that's it for today. Crits and comments welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update 28/05/11

Continuation from yesterday's update. Not much to say. Most except the first two images were done from imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there CA. Long time no see. I would offer an explanation for the long abscence, but truth be told, there is none. If anything, I had a small crisis with art. I felt very sad about it and about many other things, and needed to step back a bit. I'm still not quite there yet, but i'm slowly regaining the passion. To kickstart this thread again, I downloaded heaps of videos on the last sale, and following jason's excellent advice of studying sargent for female portraiture and portraiture in general. I found this site: http://www.johnsingersargent.org/

I wonder if the site does provide accurate reproductions of his works? i ahve no way to tell really, but in any case im basing my studies on that site. Will post later this day. Or maybe in the night, who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.