Voice actor / sound guy looking for original character concept art

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Voice actor / sound guy looking for original character concept art

Hi guys!

This is my first post.

So, I'm an audio guy / voice actor who's applying to lots of video game and film companies and I'm wanting to put together a voice acting video of myself doing voices for a variety of types of characters. My plan is to show a still of YOUR character that you've drawn with YOUR name and a URL to your portfolio under it while MY voice acting and sound effects that I made up for that character play. I can't really do it with characters that already exist, cause everybody already knows what Master Chief and Mario sound like. Might be nice to have someone else showing your work to employers for you?

Anyway, if you're interested, please send a link to some character art you'd like me to use to "hipaudio@gmail.com". I'll pick out a dozen or so of the characters sent to me to use in the video. I'll be selecting characters that look good that I can use to show a variety of voices I can do. If I don't pick yours, don't feel bad because I may have just already had a character of that type chosen already. If I use your character I will send you a link to the finished video I make. If I don't use your character(s), I'll save your contact information and keep you in mind the next time I join a group of guys working on a project who might need a concept artist.

You can check out my audio portfolio at www.hipaudio.com just to make sure I don't totally suck and wont pair your awesome looking character with terrible awful amateur audio.

Thanks!
    ~ David

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not to sound negative, but having visuals for a voiceover portfolio is not going to increase your chances of being hired imo. They just want to hear the goods.

Voice acting is an additional area that I would like to get into myself. I'm still a noob to the industry, but from what I hear you need a variety of different character voices, say like a minute per character. Showing your flexibility. The more they can choose from the more gaps you can fill?

I actually think not having visuals would be an advantage infact. What if your voice doesn't match the image? It might be better to have a blank canvas, so that the employer can figure out possible positions that you could slot into that you may have overlooked, if that makes sense?

My two cents.

Rich

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.