Art: To Die For
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: To Die For

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

To Die For

Hey folks...

Here's a new one from me. Used some manipulated photo ref to fill out the background/foreground to quickly put the scene together to put her in.

Love to hear you comments...

Thanks!

------------

(**edit: Heard your comments guys. I shouldn't have posted her with that rushed BG. Here she is by herself on a non descript BG.)

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Verithin; February 1st, 2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Heard your comments guys. I shouldn't have posted her with that rushed BG. Here she is by herself on a non descript BG.

Wacomitis - fear of an empty bank account.

PORTFOLIO
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff. If you could add a backlight to her, I think it'll help her stand out more from the background. But awesome job, either way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work Verithin. I agree with DD, you should do something to make her stand out more from the rest of the scene. Now, this is just me but, the way I would do it is, her and her only with some brightish background. This way, there is a lot od distraction from her, especially by the rusty vehicle (or what's left from it) on the right. When I'm looking this image, my eyes go like, ...rapidly left and right, jumping from her on to the vehicle, and that's bad. Then we have this column on the left, also distracting from her. So, as said, make her stand out somehow, you have several ways to make this happen and it's up to you to choose which one it's going to be...or, you may leave it as it is, still is awesome.

As for the column, after looking the image for some time, the column realy starts to irritate. I suggest removing it complitely and leaving that side free of any objects, at least those big ones.

Last edited by NenadGojkovic; February 1st, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
    WEAPONS > http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=205689

PROPS >

VEHICLES >

AIRCRAFTS >

ENVIRONMENTS >

CREATURES >

CHARACTERS >

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments guys... The BG was put together pretty quickly just to give a sense of what she'd 'feel' like in an environment. I probably should have polished it a bit more.

So... I've removed the larger scene image and reposted her on a generic BG above.

Thanks again for the comments and crits!

Last edited by Verithin; February 1st, 2011 at 07:15 PM.

PORTFOLIO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like the style and idea of the piece. only thing i'd like to crit: the arm that is not holding the weapon is too short

cheers
    a

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, much much better now. I mean, it's great now! Now, I kinda agree with Kfeeras about the arm. Looks like it should be just a little bit larger but, ain't such a big deal if you ask me, looks awesome anyway.

WEAPONS > http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=205689

PROPS >

VEHICLES >

AIRCRAFTS >

ENVIRONMENTS >

CREATURES >

CHARACTERS >

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is looking good man. Did you reference her face too? I like the expression on it.

Tiny crit - her sash blowing in the wind like that seems a bit out of place (nothing else seems affected by wind), and just seems to carry you off the page.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandryk View Post
    This is looking good man. Did you reference her face too? I like the expression on it.

Tiny crit - her sash blowing in the wind like that seems a bit out of place (nothing else seems affected by wind), and just seems to carry you off the page.
    Mandryk:

Yup, used ref for her expression for sure.

I agree with you about the sash... I should have had her hair blowing as well. Then I figured maybe she has some post-apocalyptic uber-hairspray.

Thanks for the comment... love your work. I'll need to doodle every day for a year to approach the energy your artwork exudes.

Kfeeras: Not sure I agree with you about her arm length. She's wearing 3 inch lifts and her hand is resting on her him. If you extended her arm I'm sure it would fall right where it should.

But maybe I'm too close to it.

NenadGojkovic: Thanks!

PORTFOLIO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really do love this piece, but I have to agree with the left arm comment. The distance from her left shoulder to her left elbow (arm without gun) is not the same distance as the arm with the gun. Even though the left arm is foreshortened, it shouldn't be such a drastic difference. Right now where you have it, if she put both her arms down, she would look like Nemo. (Gimp fin) :-P

Other than that, I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cuptow555:

Hey, thanks for the comment!

As far as the arm length goes... still don't agree. If you look her shoulders are on an angle... they're not level with each other.

I've created a breakdown of this in the attached image:

A+B) Both the red and blue lines are parallel. Blue is shoulder height, Red is the approximate bottom of the elbow.

C) Shows the upper arms side by side

D) Shows the forearms side by side (with a mock up the foreshortened left hand to show overall length).

I think all of the examples show that the arms are well within artistic and biological parameters for human anatomy and relative perceptible symmetry.

Sorry to go to these lengths (pun intended I suppose) guys... a while back I posted an image that also had arm issues so I'm a little sensitive over here...

Thanks again!

Attached Images Attached Images  

PORTFOLIO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Verithin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe it's the angle of the tits compared to the shoulder placement.. something looks a little off.. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfeeras View Post
    maybe it's the angle of the tits compared to the shoulder placement.. something looks a little off.. =)
    Hard for the chest to fall naturally with that corset on.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feedback and the critical eye on my work. Admittedly I need to work on my figure drawing, especially dynamic and emotional posing so these types of comments are GREAT feedback.

Thanks again.

PORTFOLIO

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.