Sketchbook: Logistic Puppets sketchbook - Page 12
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I should be the one apologizing for not visiting so long, I almost
    forgot about you and your sketchbook. It sounds nasty, but that’s the way.
    And I almost forgot about this awesomeness, this wonder on the face of the earth,
    your art being some of the very best. How could I forgive that to myself, but CAorg
    is a vast space, a beautiful parking lot for a lot of creative and mighty artist. So
    sometimes we swim so much and so long, but in this large ocean we never meet.
    I ran through your last pages, and I see tough dedication and hard core improvements.
    Environment vise, anatomy vise color vise and in every vise. I should not analyze
    separately piece by piece, cause it wouldn’t made much sense I guess, and it would
    go for ever, but I can see that you have been a real hard worker, and that golden
    ticket, the golden ticket of success is being printed and forged in these moments for
    you. There is a secret recipe, which says that you should never give up and you will
    never fail. Even if you fail, you did not gave up and you will come back even stronger.
    Wonderful times and pleasurful landscapes are smiling on us in a distant fog. We
    will achieve everything that we ever imagined. You stay strong and keep on merging
    the wooden hand paddles, with the stolen dwarf axe handles.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken - That was prity beautiful dude, never realised you were as much a poet as you are an artist. Thanks again for the kind workds and encouragement man, it means alot.

Abit more junk. Goin through that faze again of self worthlessness and aggravation again, painting is tough. It makes it even harder when you know your doing something blindingly wrong but you can't figure out what it is. It's really frustrating O___0

Anyways, enough whinging, heres some shiiiit
    studys

sketches/ practice

and another wip, finding it tough to find the motivation to see this one through, the love has died. We'll see

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

These are some fantastic studies. I remember that first girl,
    from deviantart or somewhere. That sexy body and legs,
    she is pure ace. Your skin rendering surely got to another level,
    and doing all kind of color studies makes your armor bullet proof.
    For advice, you should do one greyscale study inbetween six or
    seven colored ones, cause helps with values and contrast understanding more.
    Excellent performance once again.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LtPlissken - Hey dude, heres a link to her stock - http://senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48
    Yeah man, she has some prity amazing.....forms, which i know you would approve of ;p Plus her stock is really awesome too, lots of cool poses and great ref for studies.
    I'll take your advice, greyscales are something i should do more. Values and colours are so fucking hard to wrap your head around 0_o. Thanks again for stopping by man, the kind words and crits are always appreciated, especially from yourself.

Abit more practice, pencils will come soon

colour studies

imagination practice doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I try to keep these sketchbooks as a kind of journal where i document not only my work progress but also my mood and stuff, that way if myself or others in the future decide to look back and analyse my progress it might be easier to see the highs and lows, where things got worse and better etc etc. So sorry if i sound like i'm on a downer, i don't mean to be an attention , i just want to keep this as honest as possible. Anyways, heres some more art!

Finally, 'some' sketchbook studies

fucking love this dude, check out his sketchbook if you want to see pure amazingness - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...e16&highlight=

should do more imagination pencil stuff, displays my weaknesses 0_o

studies
    more colour thumbs

blah mind stuff

one day, i'll learn how to paint a face

abit more into this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those sketchbook pages are looking really good! lovely lines And great brushstrokes on those two digi environments, they look awesome.

I think I'd agree with you that faces are your weak point; I think the problem you have is with the overall structure and proportions of the features, for example in this and this the nose takes up far too much of the face and leaves too little room for the lips, which look like they've been squashed further down... It might help to look at some face construction methods a la Loomis, as he has some good stuff on head building towards the end of Figure Drawing for all it's Worth, or look up the proportions and construction of the face/head ?
    Hope that helps a little? Keep things coming, this sketchbook is coming along incredibly well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More mountain moving horse power, and motivating
    colorful painted wheel shower. You are relentless in your
    evolution process, and you definitely leave no place for a
    failure scenario. Higher grounds you have created with
    the latest paintings, so much good and positive, overwhelming
    the bad and destructive. Definitely good energy and vibrant
    things coming out from your cave door. I took a few minutes
    to rest my eyes on your creative power within your digital
    cover. Heading in a good and acceptable motion is what
    you are doing, do swim in this position for a long time
    and do not look back for any dead sacks.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies man!!! You are doing some solid rendering. You have to keep up improving the anatomy, you have nice lines already so i think it will come really fast . Yep value and color is annoying but give more attention to value and color will come easier. A sure thing to remember and research is that we talk about relative values and color.So dont focus that much on the local properties but how they appear at the moment under a certain lightsource. Keep it up

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jessibelle - Hey Jessi, yeah i agree with what your saying and your not the only one to say so. I really appreciate the input, its helped alot. Ive made construction and line quality my number 1 priority. Cheers again

LtPlissken - Your like yoda of the art word with your infinite words of wisdom, cheers again mate

kingkostas - Cheers for the tip man, if i can get my colours and values as good as yours i'll be prity happy =p And yeah, anatomy is a bitch and i need to improve it, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Your work is awesome and it's cool that you dropped by here, its much appreciated.

As advised, ive been hammering line stuff so not as much photoshop, but i have new illustrations in the pipeline which im looking forward to getting out there.

some pencils from the past few days, lots of Hannes study, his lines are awesome 0.0 sorry about the quality

something ive spent abit of time on here and there, still working it out..

doodles and thumbnails

15. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool stuff in here. I really like your character designs and your environments. I also really like the thumbnails. The one with the large ship is particularly great. There is an awesome sense of size and presence in it. Keep it up mate.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chevy28360 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inspiring as always. These color studies are looking great! It definitely looks like you're getting quicker and better at blocking in colors (like on the righthand goblin there--very loose, but everything is falling right into place). I agree with LtPlissken--your skin tones are getting better and better, but a few more value studies might help. A couple of your portraits might benefit from having a deeper range of values, as they sometimes tend toward midtones and highlights without a lot of shadows to define the forms. Once again, you're pushing me to work harder. Keep the great work coming!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Meps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chevy28360 - thanks alot mate, i'm glad you like

Meps - sup man, yeah i agree, forms and values still confuse me alot as does anatomy, and perspective.....and colour, and brushwork, and the rest ;p
    I'll do more studies, cheers for the heads up and for stopping by again, always happy to hear your still workin hard.

latest iow entry
    unexpected journey
    Name:  iow42.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  260.0 KB

Name:  IOW#42 WIPS.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  58.4 KB

21. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more pencil studies

clouds

christmas sketch

blahsjfhhkhxhklxhk,bc..

dragons!

sketch which for the first time in 2 years i was kinda happy with 0.0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Christmas beast looks awesome! And those dragon heads. Your designs are improving along with your renderings. Santabeast's hair in particular looks really good. And the tiny hints of rim lighting to highlight the textures on the back are working really well. Keep the improvements coming!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Meps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Meps - cheers mate, glad you think so. If i can improve at the speed you are i'll happy.

Abit more, ive had an idea about posting studies and stuff. I'm gonna lay off posting most of them for a while. The reason being i have this thing in the back of my mind which feels the need to somehow get them to a level where they look as good as possible for the sketchbook, and in having this in my mind i loose focus on the actually reason i'm studying them, if that makes any sense lol.
    But i'll post original stuff (or at least imagination stuff.)

Also on a side note, does anyone know a good place or resource to learn in depth colour theory?
    It's something ive been struggling with lately.

couple of studies, trying new stuff out

drawing on a wacom

sketches, practice blah

26. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funkadelic updates - Christmas beast is imaginative, all these updates pretty much put a grin on my face.

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vulgar - Thanks alot man, i'm glad you like ^ ^

Is it just me or is the art community shrinking? Alot of the peeps who livestreamed and stuff from a year or 2 ago have prity much all gone, (to go and make careers for themselves no less) and it makes me sad. I didn't realise how much i used those folks to channel motivation. In my surroundings currently the idea of making a living from art is prity much unheard off and is rediculous. Anyone you try and talk to about sacrifice and years of labour just to try and start a 'career' where your going to scrape by until you invest even more years of work for a half decent living look at you as if your an idiot. And it's easy to forget why you got into this whole thing in the first place. It's all about the £££. As a result ive been slowly fading out of this, and ive started to go back into my old habits of procastination and games,films. They are good because they tempereraly help me forget the pain and deep loss which sits inside me. I feel prity terrible Sorry to spam post like this, it's just i have nobody i can talk to about this. At least none who really understand, so writing it somehow helps me clarity my own thoughts, i'm not an attention , honestly :X

Couple of studies

saw a trailer for dark souls 2, got me inspired before bed

random

Last edited by warburton; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today i turned 26 which means it's about 2 years since i started this journey.i did another self portrait, it's almost become tradition to do this on my bday lol. I also listened to Dan and Daves livestream which added fuel to the fire of my previous post :/ They had an interesting point when they mentioned that the amount of time it takes to become ok at this could make you successful and rich in almost any other industry. (should i have been a dentist or something "facepalm") Its just a question of what do you want? Do you want to do a job you love but sacrifice friends, relationships, money, hobbies, weekends, your own place etc or do a job you hate and get the things mentioned above. It makes it more awkward when my boss keeps wanting me to work with him more, and i know hes thinking off retiring soon and i could easily carry on that buisness and make a good living. Life is tricky but burying your head in the sand and playing games and stuff won't help the obstacles.
    Sorry, i rambled again lol. Less chatty, more painty. Mooore shiiit to coooooooooome!

tired 26

sketches

32. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The new self portrait looks great! You've improved hugely since I first found your sketchbook (which was only about a year ago). Your anatomy and lighting have also advanced by leaps and bounds-the figure study with the reflective fish-bowl head really shows that.

I like that quote about the amount of time it takes to become good at art. It seems like a depressing thought at first, but I personally find it kind of inspiring--it really says something about the sort of people who are dedicated enough to pursue art as a passion and as a career in spite of the difficulties. It could be that we're all insane, but at the very least we're insane in a good, determined way.

Anyway, you've put out some phenomenal work this past year. I can't wait to see what you turn out when you keep improving at this rate!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meps - Cheers man, i like you turned that time and money thing into a positive, and i agree too. When you think about it, we're not on this earth for a long period of time. fuck, in the grand scene of things and the universe,the entire existance of humanity is just a snapshot in an eternal expance of time and space. So it really doesnt matter, whatever you do, because it means nothing. Just do what you love, no matter what it costs and takes, because in the end thats all we have. I just got deep, sorry about that :p
    Thanks for the kind words and support though man, it means alot and i really appreciate your crits and comments, they help alot.

I tried to do another portfolio piece which was based of the cghub drawing jam thing. I got this realisation half way through that i'm not good enough to please my standards so i'm callin it off i think lol. I'll try again soon

36. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

38. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, great sketchbook! Can really see the progression from where you started.
    Your figure drawings look spot on!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Spudonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kevin - Thanks man, glad you think so.

spudonkey - Cheers dude, my figures still need alot of work, but i appreciate the kind words. cheers for stopping by.

Seeing so many flaws in my own stuff has sent me back to doing studies for a while, tryng to address some stuff, i'll restart new piece soon though, i promise :p

stuuuuudies

mind doodles/sketches

i don't know lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    study i took t a 'finish' don't do this often :k

somethin ive put off for a long time but beginning to learn

doodles

hangover sketching

ca.org iow contest 'ambushed' done a load of thumbs as recommended and narrowed it down to these two. Problem is i want to do them both, can't decide which to pick lol

peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi pal, I'm checking your sb every single week. But I was to scared to reply, because I know you check my sb then, and there wasn't much happening in the last months. Had an internship as 2d concept artist and didn't found the strength to also sit down after work and draw some more But now I'm back and I feel like I can stop hiding

Soo, to your work. I still really enjoy the amount of stuff you are producing. There are a lot of studies, concepts and illustrations. I really like seeing you tackling perspective. There is more and more of it through your pages. Also your colors are improving a lot. Everything has much more volume now. Keep it up!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamaira2011 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tamaira2011 - heeey, good to see you again. Awesome to hear you've been working as a concept artist, i hope it went well. I like that you feel pressure to study and work more too from the thought of me popping by your sketchbook, thats prity funny :p I'm not sure whether to feel guilty or happy about that. Thanks again for stopping by, ive had a few weeks of slacking too and ive not been posting as much on here as usual but i'm prity much back on track now. I'm generally more active in my crimson daggers sketchbook, its abit more active there too, heres a link if your interested - http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-113-page-10.html

ambushed, for iow46

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff looks great. Keep up the hard work! =]

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

47. The Following User Says Thank You to V3T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    V3T - Cheers mate, glad you think so

reworked abit more. Still dark but i'll learn my lesson for next time.

some pencil study stuff from all over the place

mind

study

couple of sjetches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good looking figure and color studies and paintings! I really like the loose but precise lines in these sketches: 1, 2, so spot on and confident.

Many of your paintings look photographic in the way that there's a lot of hard edges everywhere. Especially the photo studies show a tendency to keep all the contours crisp and clean, and putting lots of the detail in places like hair and grass where the topic dictates it, instead of detailing only the parts where the small strokes and hard edges look especially interesting and keeping the rest softer and more loose. In this study, I love the soft edge below the jaw but in my opinion the hair looks way too busy. Try to think about the hair as a mass, use the biggest brush possible for the transition you're painting and articulate individual stands only in highlights and places where the definition is needed.

I really like the values and rendering on this woman's shirt and jeans. This and this painting look really nice because, in addition to the careful rendering, there's such a clear focus on the points of interest.

Keep them coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    smuli - cheers buddy, thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to keep them in mind for future stuff. And thanks for dropping by

bear doodles as warm up shiit

study, subtlety isnt my strong point, that includes lighting too

mind shit

somethin ive been workin on from old bloodsports, Molly millions. I went into it wanting to create something for myself. Not for portfolio or bolg updates or anything, just completely free. Was prity suprising how much fun it was, though it ran abit dry a few hours in :p
    The moral to the story is, when you go to start a new piece for personal use, don't do it because you feel it needs to meet a specific crowd or look cool because everyone else is doing it. Do your own ideas and you'll be suprised how much ideas slow much more easily. At least it did for me, even if this is still kinda generic.

time warior thumbs. Probably don't mean alot to people at the mo but figured i'd show them anyways

51. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 545