Sketchbook: Logistic Puppets sketchbook - Page 11
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meps Thanks man! I think your right, when i get a chance i'll sort that out. Cheers for stopping by again and for the crit ;D

some stuff

team challenge stuff on CA.org

studies, working on line work alot

colour environment studies

bedtime broken shit anatomy comp doodle

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some random stuff

studies

team chal character thing, practicing linework. Rob Powell's design.

imagination stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies! Your environments are showing some really good lighting. The second-to-last piece in your most recent post is looking brilliant. Good distribution of values, good composition, and overall a really well-put-together piece.

Thanks again for the comments and the great critique on my sketchbook!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meps hey man, thanks again for the support! you seem to be my only visitor to this thread these days ;p I know its sometimes frustrating when you need abit of guidence but none seems to come. Sometimes you just need abit of outside perspective to see where things are going right and wrong. I appreciate your constant support dude, if you ever need a crit, feedback or whatever in the future your always welcome to ask me, for what my knowledge is worth. You know where to find me ;p

This weekend i have been hammering the linework. Pencil stuff is a ballache to scan but drawing in photoshop has been blowing my mind. I never really understood how people managed to get really clean and crisp lines (i still don't really when you see it in environments and machines) but i think it's becoming more clear.
    Ive also been trying to add the lines into my rendering practice. Before, i generally just do a rough sketch and work on top of it as a guide, instead of actually using the linework as a main structure for the whole painting. Its tricky wrapping my head around it all.

Anyways, heres some weekend stuff
    studies

wtf!?

mind stuff practice practice practice

team chal stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Warburton! thank you for your post over on my CD sketchbook!
    Being able to find you here makes me wonder if I should just stick with one sketchbook thread and Hope that I bump into the people that are over on crimson daggers, here instead with time. But granted it seems the high levels like you, ramalooke, and ursula have found my sketchbook there instead of here. hmmmm

ANYWAY I hate to say this but once again it seems nothing but ass pats for you are in order lol you have improved by leaps and bounds in just over a year! I've subscribed so I am more likely to post here instead of over on CD, keep up the inspirational work! love it.

If I happen to comment on your sketchbook, please don't feel obliged to comment on mine. use that time instead to get back to work.

CA sketchbook: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=245741

Deviantart: http://luthertaylor.deviantart.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luthertaylor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    luthertaylor Hey man! You should keep both sketchbooks dude, thats what i do If you use photobucket can can copy and paste your entire post to save a ton of time. Ive found that the communitys are different on different forums, occasionally you'll see a familair face which is always cool, but i guess the more people who see your stuff the beter, so just post everywhere
    Also, thanks for the support, i'll trying to get beter. Same goes for yourself dude, i'll keep an eye on your stuff also and watch your progression.

Work kicked my ass again, when getting back its always tough to find the will to study. Heres some stuff anyways, been doing pencil stuff again, might scan some of it at some point, we'll see.

Also, my boss is having 10days of on Holiday, so technically i'm on holliday too, which means way more study time :beautifu2:

heres some shiiiiiiiieet

more line/ gesture study stuff

doodles before bed (i now see how bad my values suck, must improve x_x

team chall stuff

not done this in a while. Self portrait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Warburton's back!

Your team challenge creature is looking a lot better--the new color scheme looks much more "natural." Also, those points of light on his chest are a great choice--they really help guide your eye up to the face/head area. I'd say adding just a little bit more lighting to the concept could help--as it is, his face is a little hard to make out, and pulling out just a couple highlights could really help with that.

Also, that composition sketch halfway through the post looks great. Was that mostly texture brushwork? It almost looks vector-ish. Anyway, great composition and really tasty textures--I'd love to see that worked up into a finished piece.

Thanks a TON for your critique and paintover on my sketchbook! That was an awesome critique, and I'm working on making all of the corrections you suggested.

Keep the great work coming!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks for visiting my sketchbook.

Wow, the improvement across this whole thread is amazing and your latest line work is excellent. Really, great thread, great stuff.

Subscribed

art blog: http://hrartwork.blogspot.co.uk/

"Don't worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick to you and show you up for better or worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do" Robert Henri

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mana16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh, just taken a peek at the latest page and there's some pretty awesome stuff in here! Lines are looking really tight Gonna go back and have a better look through this book I think

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    meps Hey man! Thanks for the crit and advice The environment thing was just messing around before i went to sleep. I just used a bunch of brushes and kinda made it up as i went along. Bumskee and Whit Brachna both have cool brushes for textures and stuff.
    I'm glad the paint over helped dude, if you ever get stuck and need a crit i'm always happy to help, although i know my knowledge is somewhat limited.
    cheers once again for dropping by

black-swan Thanks alot, i'm glad you think so. If i can improve at the rate you are i'll be sorted! Thanks for stopping by

jessibelle Thanks Jessi, glad you like. I'll keep trying to get beter. Thanks for taking the time to stop by

pencil skeeeeeetches. Sorry about the quality, i took them on my phone instead of using the scanner, was much less hassle.

more quick studies trying to understand metal =X

takin Rama's advice, workin on contrast and still lifes

practice practice practice. The design, anatomy, textures, comp, gestures, values, colours all suck.

and some creature design for CA.org COW WIP. Fairy hunter.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates man your getting some nice tight lines down for construction and your armour studies are paying off keep at it looking forward to the team challenge finals

Livestreamin'

Blog

Available for Freelance!-Contact Michael.jay@live.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fudgeloaf - cheers man, its much appreciated

wow its been a while, CA is all different. Heres some stuff from to the time it was down
    studys

still life

some pencils

some doodles

finished stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah wicked improvements man in the latest post, especially the fairy hunter piece, keep going!

Currently looking for work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, as always, for making me properly ashamed of myself. The sheer volume and quality of your work continues to be an inspiration and a much needed kick in the butt whenever I catch myself starting to get lazy XD

Those armor studies are awesome! That and your still life of the little egg. You're really getting a feeling for how metal and other materials work. Plus, your armor designs are looking great as well. Where are you getting your references for your armor studies (and figure studies, too--there's a lot of awesome poses in there)?

The faerie hunter looks marvelous--lovely textures, solid composition, and you really do a great job of creating a clear focal point. One thing that might help push it even farther is pushing the atmospheric perspective a bit, particularly on the end of his (/hers/it's) tail--fading that out a little bit could add a lot more depth to the composition. I'm a little unsure about where that blue light is coming from--as rim-lighting, it looks great, but if it's coming from inside his belly, that's a pretty key part of the design and you might want to play that up/make it a bit clearer if that's the case. If it's coming from outside the creature, then it could help to apply it to some of the faeries, too--the one who's about to get eaten might benefit from a bit of rim lighting to pick out the silhouette just a little more. One last thing that occurs to me is upping the contrast/adding a little more light to the foreground faery's face, although that may or may not work--having her less distinct definitely pushes the focal point to your creature's face, so I dunno. Anyway, just some rambly thoughts on the piece.

And seriously man. Those armor designs. Well done. XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dilated - Same to you sir! Your stuff is awesome, and thanks for dropping, its much appreciated

Meps - suuup dude, its been a while. Cheers for the crit, i agree with all you say. I got abit carried away and messed alot of it up in my ignorance ;p I think from doing stuff recent imagination stuff its prity clear to me that my forms and values, especially in environments are way off and wonky. Another thing i need to sort out 0_o
    As for the armour stuff, thanks alot I use all kinds of ref, heres some links for the armour stuff
    - http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpB...hp?f=2&t=73637
    - http://armstreet.com/
    - http://dewfooter.deviantart.com/gallery/
    - http://ailinstock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72
    - http://realm-of-fantasy.deviantart.com/gallery/24182103
    and some anatomy stuff, its mostly deviantart but heres some links anyways
    - http://senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48
    - http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/
    - http://www.reybustos.com/04er/er.html
    - http://www.gracefulnudes.com/main
    - http://www.scott-eaton.com/category/bodies-in-motion
    - http://www.mmafighting.com/photos/
    Hope this helps, cheers again for the support and crit

Latest piece for IOW#36 Lady of the grave with WIP's
    Name:  iow#36 wips.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  iow36.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  218.5 KB

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is a great idea:

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1314814836

Your thumbnail looks like this guy: ==>

It would be fun to do a series of real-life facial expressions that shadow the smilies

Quote Originally Posted by warburton View Post
    takin Rama's advice, workin on contrast and still lifes
    Not sure who Rama is... probably some Egyptian god of art... but working on white casts like the flayed head is good practice.

However, as you're apparently still in the 'hammering out your skills' stage, I would suggest that working on the basic shapes/construction of your subjects should take priority first, before worrying about lighting.

It's something I still need to work on... there's always a skill-building/honing stage for everyone... but until we make these things automatic, the artistic expression of emotions, power, and message will elude us many times.

Bridgman is good for working on basic shapes/construction, as he breaks everything down into a box-wedge idea... if you can get the box-wedges to look right in relation to each other, you've got most all of the heavy lifting done... the rest is just details (anatomy, etc).

Good luck man!

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    p sage - Thanks for the tip man, i agree i need to sort out my construction. Forms and values have taken a priorty for now. Cheers for stopping by

I went back and looked at some stuff from 1 year ago, it was prity suprising.

practice
    Name:  barman 12th.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  115.4 KB
    Name:  forest ranger 5th.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  89.4 KB
    Name:  ranger chick 9th.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  95.5 KB
    blah
    Name:  tauren portrait 10th.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  127.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, did you use a reference for your "bla"-piece? looks pretty amazing. and nice to see your progress this way, very motivating

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

lool don't know why this makes me chuckle!! it's a great study! but i think it's the composition. I'm imagining darth breathing and saying his famous words "I am your fa.." but luke is like "oh please"

If I happen to comment on your sketchbook, please don't feel obliged to comment on mine. use that time instead to get back to work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man i just went on your sketchbook, saw your firste entrys and the selfportraits and thought about advice to give you when i noticed that I watched your entrys form 2011. I checked the last pages and im really impressed and inspired by your progress! Keep up your great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tamaira2011 - Hey again! Nah no ref for that piece, just messin about before bed. Thanks again for stoppin by

luthertaylor - Lukes more like "Yo Dad? Why did they build you a helmet which is shaped like a dick helmet?" Seems prity humiliating to me, thats probably why everyone takes the piss out of him on the Star destroyer.

Matelo - Hey dude, if i can do it anyone can. That being said i still have a long way to go. Glad you like though man, cheers for stoppin by!

sorry for my absence, time sees to be speeding up and i seem to be getting less done. Heres some crap book, magazine, comic cover thing ive battling with for about 4 days for iow#37. I did it for portfolio but in the end broke it so it'll probably just remain here.

Name:  iow#37.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  232.3 KB

Name:  iow#37 wips.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  57.4 KB

27. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More junk, as promised

pencil studies from various sources

imagination sketches...practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    studys and character experimentation.

Name:  b and w face chick 23rd.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  face study 27th.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  figure study 27th.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  skull study 28th.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  129.8 KB

Name:  character variations wizard type dude 24th 2.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  157.9 KB

Name:  character variations wizard type dude 24th.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  tough chick 27th.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  149.4 KB

Name:  weird character with hat and shit and stick and stuff 24th.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  109.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some fuckin stuuuuuuuff

Name:  knight dude master study 27th.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  old dude drapery 29th.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  gradient enviro 28th.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  chcik with stick 2nd.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  chicl portrait 2nd.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  snake chick 2nd.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  161.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the amount of studies and paintings you are doing! You are still one of my biggest motivations

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamaira2011 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey warburton! Brilliant updates since my last post! truly!
    I really like you did with this piece namely the cylinder, after the study or perhaps before you did that simple thing to see the colour relationship!
    great to isolate problems and just do something simple rather than tackling it all at once if i am making sense.

keep it up. looking forward to more you boss guy!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to luthertaylor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man, keep working hard your progressing really fast

36. The Following User Says Thank You to will123will For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tamaira2011 - I'm glad you think so, thanks for the kind words ive been slackin abit recently, but i must keep going 0_0

luthertaylor - hey man! Yeah, it's easy to find yourself getting caught up trying to tackle things in this manner. It's much easier to paint things in basic 'forms' but they still confuse the fuck out of me ;p cheers again for droppin by dude.

will123will - hey Will, glad you think so man. Its all or nothing for me, especially now at this point in my life. That motivates me more than anything. I'll keep pushin, thanks for stopping by

Sorry for my absence, work and stuff. Been workin on some cool freelance stuff too, looking forward to sharing it.

not much, just stuff, studies, doodles, the usual blah

sorry if this stuff kinda sucks, i'm hopin to do another illustration/portfolio piece soon, i'll try and upload some thumbs soon as poss.

Name:  knife study 6th.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  lauren d austin study 7th.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  166.1 KB

Name:  school girl 4th.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  chick doodle 5th.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  ice and fire warm up 12th.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  177.3 KB

Name:  sea doodle.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  111.7 KB

Name:  snap shot alien dude 12th.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  168.1 KB

38. The Following User Says Thank You to warburton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick dump
    study

apply

couple of sketches

character generator thing. I recommend it to anyone, its really fun

and thumbnails for new piece, i'm thinkin a fan art piece, either card art or book cover style. Only problem is i want to do them all :p Once ive decided i'll do a few more on the chosen subject.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for the lack of pencil stuff, it's a ball ache to upload, but heres the cover i worked on recently. It was alot of fun and you should go check out the authors site, the book sounds awesome. - http://muraldawn.com/

Name:  muraldawn low ress.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  290.3 KB

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 526