Art: Sci-Fi Madness!!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sci-Fi Madness!!!!

Hi everyone,
    It's been a while since I last posted but here I am. Of all things to do for an Image Manip. final I had to paint a character in an environment or some sort. OH JOY!!! Unfortanately, besides a little ding on my sub-par craftsmanship (cropped the printout a little small) I really didn't get a critique. Teacher said "Bitch'n" and went on to the next project. Personally, I'm quite pleased with it but I want to see what YOU think. All crits are more than welcome. If I weren't so broke I'd give you a dollar for it

Sci-Fi Madness!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should whack your teacher with a dead fish for that...
    Personally, I think it turned out really great.

Even though some parts look a little 'not right'. Maybe it's just me, but somehow the large horns (especialy the left one) on the sides of that... ehmm... throne-thing look a little flat, perspective isn't so well rendered. Might be case you have blue tint on the part of the horn which is closer to the viewer and the warm tint - on the part which is further. I hope that makes sence. I think making it the other way around would've helped.

But who am I to say... My skills are by far lower. Good work dude! :cool:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi

The character looks good, but I think the blurred background makes it look like its pasted in. Giving the ground more definition would probably tie them together. Now, where's my $?

Its sad when you put a lot of work into something and your teacher wont put more effort into their criticisms, after all, that's what they're paid to do!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with kapturowski, the ground could use more refining. I think you could do so without losing the overall effect of the focal point. I really like your light usage. Im not quite sure about what he is standing in, but I think it looks cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice, moody and atmospheric. Is that ZEN, the Intergalactic Ninja? - mh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the crits everyone,
    As for the large claw on the left, I somehow added some bulge I didn't notice on the bottom of it. I'm thinking I should turn them down so that we see the top instead of the bottom so it might help the perspective. It should also give an opportunity to put some of those warmer colors up front. The background, well, in all honesty I couldn't seem to come up with a nice background that didn't take away from the focal point, so I blured it to create some depth of field. I guess it's just way too exagerated or something. Similarly, with the ground I gout tired of working on it and tried blurring as much as I could get away with.

As for the zen thing, yeah it's a total ripoff....
    Not really, I had to look it up on google to know what your talking about. He is intergalactic, but he is neither zen nor a ninja. Some resemblance though. Besides, Zen has blue eyes, not red!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.