Art: Demon Squad
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Demon Squad

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Demon Squad

I drew an alien wearing a retro suit ages ago and wanted to build on that. Hope you like it. Painting isn't all that great, I know...

Time is precious.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like how this picture of the demon squad totally shows both thier badass side, and their emotionally sensitive, funny side. I especially like the totally kickass flames coming out of the rocket launchers on the demon with the metal sunflower in his mouth. His eyes really say it all, man, like if you saw him on the street you'd already know it because his eyes say it all.

I also like how the one demon on the left is just like rising from the smoke as if he's like MADE of smoke, you know what I mean? And how he looks straight at you with his totally kickass mouth wide open.

But it's the one on the right that totally makes the composition touch me inside where only Gilda has before (twice). Like he has no face, as if he's too evil to have a face because the face of evil takes many forms, you know? It's really, really deep.

I only wish that you could do something to like make the fire look hotter, like maybe the way there are those flares that sunlight makes on lenses? Yeah, that would totally kick ass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't listen to that guy, his family was burnt to death by the shoulder turrets of a similar "Demon Squad", he may be a little sensitive. Nice curo-scuro shading, by the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what the hell is curo scuro?!?!?!?!?!
    get a damn dictionary or something you dont even know the damn word
    how seriously can anyone take yer advice?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by trevor
    what the hell is curo scuro?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm pretty sure he meant chiaroscuro, just didn't spell it correctly.

By the way, I dig the rust-like effect, it's pretty good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i know what he meant
    it was sarcasm
    how can you crit something when you dont even know what the hell yer talking about

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're all wrong. I said CURO-SCURO! It was invented by Leonardo Da Vinci in the Rennaisance as an attempt to pictorally represent the biblical "Demon Squad" displayed on the roof of the Sistine Chapel. CURO-SCURO is the idea that when light hits flame, it creates certain inconsistencies that reflect the rendering of the shoulder gun barrels that it spouts from. Kind of like lens flares.

I just wish people at CA would learn to respect people's work and critiques like at my REAL art school. It's in France, so you wouldn't recognize its name anyway. We learn all about CURO-SCURO, abstract expressionism, and cel shading. I don't want to call myself an expert, just don't make me . . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The flame torch thingys arent comming from the one in the front. Thats a fourth guy in the rear. Can see his mask cause hes in the distance, maybe I outa change the angle.

Teknoholic, your full of art critic shit. it's quite amazing. I do appreciate your coments. Yeah..

I love the sarcasm though!!!!! Life is dull with out it and people that cant handle it should jump off the nearest bridge.

Thanks.

Time is precious.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohhhh youre REAL ARTSCHOOL is in france
    how convenient
    wouldnt wanna mention the name would we ass
    your not the nly person whos been to art school so get off yer high horse
    some of us arer actually proffesionals
    didnt think about that did you

sama3d....yer a good sport

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Settle down, trevor. I was just joking around. You think a person could be that much of an ass? Sarcasm doesn't translate as well over the internet i guess

Sama3d, it seems like you have some nice skills in the digital painting department. I would definitely spend more time on the drawing, though. Use some reference, and really master what you can do outside of the computer. Then bring it into the computer and apply some of the nice things you pulled off texture wise.

I just don't understand how the fourth guy could be there unless he's directly behind the front one, which is very bizarre. Bump up the curo-scuro a notch or two as well, the whole piece is riding on it . . . Perhaps make it less an image of actual figures and more of a pure curo-scurocity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Amaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all looking forward for any further postings.

What is the name this special Technique you are using?

You are the Greatest!

Warning: the influence device may not control a primode brain for long

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for your comments. I did draw the whole thing on paper believe it or not. I wanted the whole thing to look retro. (mars attacks, war of the worlds) those things might be before you time so I doubt anyone really wants to see it. I wanted to break away from the typical mech, FF, robot, space guys of the future you all see with all this unnecessary detail. That's why I chose to add that accordion style seal around the joints. (retro baby). Well, it was pretty hard because I couldn't hire the local that lives on the curb to model for me.

I think I better stick to 3d... ~~

Well, thanks for making this show of art more of what you would see on the Jerry springer show. It was fun.

Sama3d

Time is precious.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah one last thing. I wanna see the before pic of Teknoholic's Icon that shows the heavy plaque and gingivitis. Yeah the one taken before you dodged the hell out of it.

Haha, I can be evil also.

Sama

Time is precious.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.