Has USC Animation program gained reputation to match its film school?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Has USC Animation program gained reputation to match its film school?

I've been browsing the ANimation website for University of Southern California and have found that they produce many experimental animators. There are barely any character animations that have been posted by a USC Animation student from what I have found, and that to me, as someone greatly interested in becoming a character animator, is very disappointing.

I really want to be proven wrong that USC DOES have a great animation program for those interested in a career in Pixar, Disney, or other animation studios. And so, if anyone have known whether or not USC Animation dept. have gained reputation matching its film/cinema school, please let me know! This would help a lot of prospective BA students decide which school should be their new "home" for the next 4 years.

And also, I another question to ask....
    I really want to go to Ringling to major in Computer Animation, because their animation program seems to be top notch.
    However, USC is also another school I want to study animation at. But I'm afraid I won't develop enough skills to become a competitive professional animator if I attend USC. Though someone did tell me that USC will develop your character and charisma.

Last edited by daiaenna; January 25th, 2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My general impression is that USC's animation program is decent, but not top notch. Certainly not on par with their film program. If you want to study animation at a degree granting school in California, your best options are CalArts, SJSU, and CCA.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.