Study Online
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Study Online

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Study Online

Hey guys.

I live in South Africa but want to study digital art online but can't pay an arm and a leg. Want to know if anyone knows were I can study.

If its without a certificate but will teach me enough its fine, certificate included is a bonus!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, there is TAD. I also know of schoolism and cgsociety workshops. Out of the three cgsociety workshops are the cheapest. i heard good things about it. I also heard that schoolism is good. I signed for one of their classes but I have not taken it yet so I can't really say. Have you checked The Art Department online classes?? The professors teaching those classes are some of the best in the world of art. I know its expensive but it could be worth it. That's all I know. I'll be checking out this thread later because I wanna see what other people have to say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some universities which are providing online learning facility. It's really good for the us. We can learn at our convinced time. This is also called Distance learning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks...

thanks, that helped me a lot!
    regards,
    chantal

thanoss Guest
    There is TAD, which is preety awesome, but there is also http://www.therydanworkshop.com/, which looks good as well, and it dosnt cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thanoss View Post
    There is TAD, which is preety awesome, but there is also http://www.therydanworkshop.com/, which looks good as well, and it dosnt cost an arm and a leg.
    The rydan workshop classes look good. Wow, I need to find some students and ask them how this program is. Im interested in that concept art and 3d character modeling class. Thanks for sharing thanoss.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there.

We are a startup education service currently in our first round of paid courses. We just had our open house this past Sunday so we allowed prospective students to come in and take a look at our online environment and meet some of our teachers. We have made recordings available of the open house on our website, and we are planning another open house on Sunday, February 13th.

So far we have had a beta class of students this past August and the feedback we received was great. You can read more about it on our website here. We also did an extensive interview with one of our students name Cezar Brandao which you can read here and visit his website here. You can also read more about our beta class and the other students on our post-mortem page for the class, and see more of the student's work and get in touch with them on their personal websites.

If you are interested in more information feel free to contact us at info@therydanworkshop.com or through skype, username therydanworkshop

As I mentioned earlier there is also another open house on Sunday, February 13th where you can see our online environment, meet some of our teachers and see how we deliver our content. Please contact me if you would like to be participate.

Last edited by davi; February 6th, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this one.Itīs for guys intrested in character design,

http://www.drawingforce.com

One Month $10

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Dulcahn - a good site to try out for online colleges and art programs is http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.com - lots of good info on there, so hopefully that will help a bit. Good luck with whatever you end up doing mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another one to recommend:

http://www.cgmwmasterclasses.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I stumbled across Sessions EDU online. They have a variety of different certificate and degree options, including game art. However, I'm not biased at all with any of the ones mentioned here or above, as I've had no experience with any of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcahn View Post
    Hey guys.

I live in South Africa but want to study digital art online but can't pay an arm and a leg. Want to know if anyone knows were I can study.

If its without a certificate but will teach me enough its fine, certificate included is a bonus!
    I recommend the following sites.
    1).africandigitalart.com 2)worldwidelearn.com/online-courses/art-courses.htm
    Hope this helps you.

Members who have read this thread: 1