Stylus tip feel setting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Stylus tip feel setting

I'm curious about where people set their tip feel setting for their stylus. This is something I never see talked about so I'm assuming that most people leave it at the default setting, but that can't be right, can it? Anyway, I've been setting mine to the penultimate one on the left, so that it is very touchy. I use the pressure>opacity setup in photoshop, so basically, I have to have a very light touch to get a very light "glazing". I did it this way to emulate working with a fairly opaque pigment material (oil), I simply didn't like how hard I had to push at the default setting to get full opacity. How about you?

sketchbook
    blog

support your local library!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never change my wacom pressure settings themselves;
    in painter, I have a custom brush tracking set-up;
    in photoshop, I generally set lower flow numbers when I need to get softer, glazed/airbrushed looks.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sharkcellar, basically you must set it how is more natural for your hand pressure. open small sketchbox and draw a line, set tip feel to reach comfortably from thin line to the thickest. do it only for the apps where you can't configure the wacom pressure, the most common is the photoshop. painter, mudbox. zbrush etc has special settings for pen pressure.
    but there is one thing to consider, default setting has linear bezier curve which is the best for smoothness pressure apply, all other settings are changing it into curvature and do too quick light pressure or too long hard pressure. wacom removed the control for how hard you press and it is very strange. even on the softest setting you need to press very hard to reach thickets line.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    teho,

That is a very interesting reply! Is there anywhere that you can link to to corroborate this information? I've never heard about how changing the pressure setting deviates so drastically from the default setting. That's fascinating. Thanks for that info!

sketchbook
    blog

support your local library!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

7. The Following User Says Thank You to teho For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.