Six Month Drawing Manual ---- A Creative commons Project

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Six Month Drawing Manual ---- A Creative commons Project

I have heard multiple times in my life a career in drawing is only six months away. Basically, anyone can learn everything about drawing in six months and apply that for a career.

I have found my Limitations have been defined by my instructors Limitations. If we remove the instructor imposed bias and give just the fact then we can truly develop our internal skill with out judgment.. OK ENOUGH ABOUT MY THOUGHTS...

CREATIVE COMMONS PROJECT

GOAL: CREATE A SIX MONTH DAILY DRAWING COURSE 1HR. Minimum a day.

Objective: create a format like drawspace. Three different Abilities levels and same Categories in all abilities level..

I NEED IDEAS FOR TOPICS ALL APPRECIATED. After that will categorize everything and then start the development of the course. It will be free to share and distribute.

SHAPES
    Shading
    Lines
    Dynamic Shape

THANK YOU!!!

Additional: I understand I have not given much to the community, but I have just made a career change and am now going into my passion and am trying to give back through this project.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trying2Find For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Trying

Some other areas could be:

Anatomy- as it relates to shape and form
    Composition
    Rhythm
    Texture

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spivak000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is an awesome idea! I am also trying to pursue my dream of being a freelance illustrator (while currently keeping my demanding day job as an exhibit designer in the meantime) I have been participating in the creature of the week thread frequently, but find I seem to be lacking in some areas (mainly confidence and patience) and want to brush up on the basics. A crash course is exactly what I need! Please keep up with this ambitious pursuit. It would be an extremely useful tool for many.

I know that I can...now I must DO

It's all about confidence. Just keep at it and you will prevail!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Learn to draw hella good first then you can put out a manual... in the time it takes for that to happen you'll no longer want to give your knowledge away for free.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to armando For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all I think it's great you want to give back and help other artists develop their potential. Awesome.

Secondly, I think it would be really cool if when the course was completed the student would have a nice foundation for building their portfolios. I don't know really what is standard for portfolios but I have seen mention for still lifes quite a few times.

As far as subject matter what comes to mind along the lines presented is foreshortening, coloring technique and to bounce off of an earlier mention bone structure has seemed very helpful to me in approving my anatomy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Free is not a bad idea. CA.org is free, thankgod. I wouldnt want to go anywhere else with my art to be honest. I think a course outline for the beginners would be fundamentals of art. These should be called fundamentals because they should always be studied. Even the most advanced artist should revisit them. The second state probably should be a study on muscles, anatomy, environments, mood, and how to apply fundamentals to various work. The final category needs to take all those lessons learned and use them to push the imagination and limitations of the artist. I personally didnt go to art school so I have no idea if what I suggested is good but I leave that to someone else to decide lol

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.