Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts

    Children on Leashes Tied to Walls While Parents Work

    Communism is evil:

    http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/chinese-children-tied-up-while-parents-work-zhejiang.html


    "these children are tied to the windows for nearly 10 hours every day."


    this is why we don't shop at Walmart/Target and read our labels CAREFULLY:

    http://www.chinasmack.com/2008/pictures/child-labor-in-wuhan-chinese-argue-good-or-bad.html


    "At a factory that makes mops, a child is ceaselessly putting rubber covering on the mop stick, he said he has been employed for 1 year already, came from Xishui in Hubei province, and has just turned 15 this year; every day, he has to cover over a thousand mop sticks. Annual salary is 5000 yuan."
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 188 Times in 105 Posts
    This is not communism, this is China. My country was one the most cliche communist states 25 years ago. Children were living like today, the only exception was that they were much more disciplined, not as fat and they didn't start to smoke at the age of 12. The problem in China is not communism, it is the fact that they have way too big population. Democracy won't cure that. I don't know if anything at all can cure it... except allowing only 1 out of 5 families to have children or something. It's a fucked up situation that is getting worse and all possible solutions seem evil. It's a lose-lose situation. And China is not a communist state at all... it's pure capitalism there. The only difference is that they don't have real democracy, but that would only make things worse, because so fuckin big population requires a strong and sometimes "evil" Government.

    Seeing children tied like that is unpleasant, but what can you do? Stop buying chinese stuff? Then these children will be all fired, their parents will be fired, and they will all starve even more.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vari For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Randis's Avatar
    Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Bucharest/Berlin
    Posts
    2,588
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    People sometimes have no choice.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 91 Times in 58 Posts
    This sort of thing likely goes on in far more places than China, and it is an error to state it is purely limited to a communist state. Not that China is particularly communist these days. It's an ugly thing to see. Anywhere corruption and a lack of enforced human rights reigns, you get this sort of thing.

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Between the chair and the keyboard
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 148 Times in 102 Posts
    Human rights? More like poor living conditions. If you and your husband must go to work otherwise your family starves, then you choose smaller evil over a greater evil. If these poor fellas had an older sibling, then that older sibling would likely be required to take care of them while the parents work (or work themselves, which brings us right back here).
    -><-My sketchbook. Please, if you have time, crit as if your life depended on it.
    Or maybe check out my friends, they deserve it more.
    DeterminedAnimator | Naidy | Kalin | Leo_7 | saltfox | DanielsK5 | Lunatic Hermit
    Drawing group:
    "The fate of us all lies deep in the dark when time stands still at the Iron Hill."

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked 538 Times in 296 Posts
    Like already said, it isn't that communism or China is evil it's just very unfortunate circumstances.

    Remember those stories about Industrial England? How 10 year olds would do things like sweep chimneys or repair machines because they were small enough to do it? And how they'd die of lung diseases or lose limbs?

    Don't really have anything else to add, some things in life there are no words for.
    -My work can be found at my local directory thread.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    How about giving people* monetary incentives to NOT have children? Maybe that would work.
    *People in China, specifically. It would probably work better than forcing people to pay in order to have another child.
    Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Between the chair and the keyboard
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 148 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisquel View Post
    How about giving people monetary incentives to NOT have children? Maybe that would work.
    That's a good point, on another note I don't think this world is yet sick enough that people would choose money over having children.

    In China families with only one child already *are* being financially compensated, if I am not mistaken (or rather the families with more than one child are being punished, but in essence one kid = better works there). And it doesn't work much.
    -><-My sketchbook. Please, if you have time, crit as if your life depended on it.
    Or maybe check out my friends, they deserve it more.
    DeterminedAnimator | Naidy | Kalin | Leo_7 | saltfox | DanielsK5 | Lunatic Hermit
    Drawing group:
    "The fate of us all lies deep in the dark when time stands still at the Iron Hill."

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jouzinka View Post
    That's a good point, on another note I don't think this world is yet sick enough that people would choose money over having children.
    What's the difference between giving financial compensation to people who choose to have children vs. people who don't choose so? It depends entirely on a country's situation, imo. The birth rate in most first world countries is declining at a pace such that the population has to be kept stable through immigration. As I recall, in some European countries families are given plenty of financial aid from the government and social benefits in order to encourage them to have children, yet this has not succeeded in bringing the birth rate up to the minimum that is needed to keep the population from declining.
    Back to the topic, this problem doesn't only exist in China afaik. This kind of problem exists to some extent in all underdeveloped overcrowded countries which have yet to be fully industrialized (i.e., Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, etc.) Don't think that China is the only evil at work here.
    Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 182 Times in 101 Posts
    I hate to break it to you, but this has a lot more to do with capitalism then it ever will with communism.
    Follow Me! | DeviantART | Twitter

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sanya For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Its capitalism, my dear not communism. While china was communist children had a high living standard along with everybody else. The mortality rate lower under the people's government; there was a lot of success in China before the capitalist roaders got into power and started practicing. What they called" Market Socialism" which is using the markets to build socialism, but they never went back to socialism after they got finish with building the markets.

    There was a huge protest over this called Tienanmen square, i am sure you heard of it; in our history books. They make it out to be a protest against communism, when in reality, it was a very mix bag. There were people protesting against the government because they were moving away from Marxism and Maoism or revisionism, then you had those who felt that china was not putting enough effort in going towards capitalism. So, after THEY shot up all those people, they decided the best way to shut them up, forever is togive them coke, Sony, Benz, BMW, and high skylines of shanghai.


    China is capitalist, but it not like the US, in china, if you had sold poison shit to make a buck, then you will get a bullet in the head for it.

    when i say this, i am probably going to be excuse of trolling, but artists are suppose to be intelligent as well as creative.

    So, point is read a book, you have to know more stuff than just art. Otherwise people will just think, you are stupid. I mean, we already have a stigma about the art community as a whole. so don't deep the stigma any further.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,867
    Thanks
    1,131
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 562 Posts
    . 0__0
    Last edited by ArtZealot; January 20th, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

    Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

    or my Artstation

    Or my stream on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/wwsketch

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,679
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 596 Times in 283 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deepinonespersona View Post
    so, point is read a book, you have to know more stuff than just art. Otherwise people will just think, you are stupid.

    hahahahahahahaha

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig D For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Capital of TX
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 261 Times in 201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepinonespersona View Post

    when i say this, i am probably going to be excuse of trolling, but artists are suppose to be intelligent as well as creative.

    So, point is read a book, you have to know more stuff than just art. Otherwise people will just think, you are stupid. I mean, we already have a stigma about the art community as a whole. so don't deep the stigma any further.
    Thats not trolling thats just being an ass. You do not have to go calling people out, insulting peoples intelligence. You just go too far and do not know when to shut up! Thats your problem.

    ON another note. I agree Vari. If we stop they starve and if we keep buying things will just keep going the way they are. Not much can be done on our part sadly.
    Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

  21. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,177
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepinonespersona View Post
    So, point is read a book, you have to know more stuff than just art. Otherwise people will just think, you are stupid. I mean, we already have a stigma about the art community as a whole. so don't deep the stigma any further.
    Good point. You should probably start your own studies with this book.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

    "There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    "deep":I'm not your dear, (frankly I'd rather eat your face first) and you are a troll. Your references to the Tiananmen square massacre is inaccurate and hate inciting.

    Communism is not the cause of all the problems in the world, but it is an evil and it is unethical. I stand by my perceptions based on many years of book reading. Ayn Rand says everything about communism better than I ever could. China has had incredible atrocities commited under Mao's government and under the current administration. Communism does not work for the human animal and will never work as it is scientifically impossible for the model to function with the current limitations of the human mind. If this were child neglect being committed in the United States don't think I would not attack the specifics of Capitalist problems. The Capitalist system only damages China because of the Communist government abusing the will of the people which has been handed over to a few. If Capitalism was global, and the United States Constitution and laws were in place, we would begin seeing laws change to abuse the people, and we would have a new revolutionary war brewing. *Free Enterprise* is different from capitalism.

    I am a fan of *noocracy* alone.

    What would you do if you were in these parent's situations? There is always a choice...
    Last edited by Izi; January 20th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  23. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    What would you do if you were in these parent's situations? There is always a choice...
    You really have no clue.
    But it's understandable, living in the USA, the land of the free and the luxurious life.

  24. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    I do have a clue, and that is that people who constantly give freely of themselves to "promote the all" will create messes like China. Also that forcing people to do work and restricting how they do that work is going to drive away talent. One of the greatest minds of the I Ching in China was imprisoned for over a decade before fleeing to the United States where he published his magnum opus of binary research. The is the idea behind communism is that everyone should do the same thing and not think of themselves. It is abhorrent nationalism and I do think it is evil. It is okay to wish for the welfare of humanity, but not to act blindly following some leaders who make promises of prosperity with no understanding of basic laws. These children should be in school and the government is not providing any support.

    The United States did not become a prosperous nation by not acting in self interest.

    I am an ardent supporter of the idea that an artist should only act in self interest, should always profit from their work and should never consent to contributing to something unless it personally benefits them.
    Last edited by Izi; January 20th, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  25. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    people who constantly give freely of themselves to "promote the all" will create messes like China. That is the idea behind communism and I do think it is evil.

    It is okay to wish for the welfare of humanity, but not to act blindly following some leaders who make promises of prosperity with no understanding of basic laws.

    The United States did not become a prosperous nation by not acting in self interest.

    ...never consent to contributing to something unless it personally benefits them.

    Wow. Do you realize how selfish your mentality is?

    Do you realize that the USA became such a 'prosperous nation' at the expense of others? China being one of them?
    But I suppose that suits you just fine since you're contributing to something that's of personal benefit.

    Please stop acting like your country is some pristine, righteous and God-sent gift to mankind.
    It's quite the opposite.

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    Exactly - selfish it is. There is no better way to be. I'm not saying the United States is anything you suggested. Don't put words in my mouth. China is responsible for China. The world is also responsible for the world. If we live in this world we have an interest in making the world a pleasant place to live and further it intellectually - everyone would generally agree it is a good thing to be surrounded by brilliant, happy minds. So we share some responsibility if we find it beneficial to ourselves. So ethically and selfishly why wouldn't it be good to check labels to find out if you are supporting child abuse and the loss of minds?

    "Don't bite my finger. Look where I'm pointing."

    Neurophysiologist Warren McCulloch

    Noocracy

    Ayn Rand

    Atlas Shrugged
    Last edited by Izi; January 20th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  27. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    Exactly - selfish it is. There is no better way to be
    Umm... Thanks for admitting it?

    Mikhail Epstein defined Noocracy as "the thinking matter increases its mass in nature and geo- and biosphere grow into noosphere, the future of the humanity can be envisioned as noocracy--that is the power of the collective brain rather than separate individuals representing certain social groups or society as whole."
    You might want to check your sources before you use them to support your argument.

  28. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    Yes, that is exactly it. That is the very section of the article I thought of when I quickly perused it. The power of the communist government resides only in a few people, and they aim to steer the people like some giant tractor. These peasants have no voice in it. If they did do you not think they would change their situation?

    It is a tragedy that the lives of so many people are in the hands of a few slugs who live at the expense of others, and whose collective brains only represent that of a half-wit in the magnitute of "mind" we need to maintain the entire world or even a small country. It is bad for the world and it is a product of altruism.

    Communism is government sanctioned altruism, and I maintain it is evil.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  29. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 123 Times in 66 Posts
    Evil is just a concept, based on perspective.

    Children on Leashes Tied to Walls While Parents Work

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Misplacedhippos For This Useful Post:


  31. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    FYI, humanity is a race built on Altruism.
    The only times when things go downhill is because of people taking selfish stances like yourself.

  32. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    The human race is built on evolution, not altruism.

    "The only times when things go downhill is because of people taking selfish stances like yourself."

    Can you demonstrate what has gone downhill because of me? I believe in caring for the enviroment, I don't proselytize and I don't believe in exploiting others. I don't believe in sacrificing myself to others.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  33. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Oh please, now you're just floundering.

  34. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA USA
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    1,953
    Thanked 524 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller_ View Post
    Oh please, now you're just floundering.
    And you have no argument. You make statements, but provide no evidence to support them. If you look at the root of your argument it has no basis. If I am floundering, (which I am not) you have been sunk if you can't provide even one piece of evidence to support your reasoning.

    Evolution's laws are based on self interest. Darwin proved this.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

  35. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,764
    Thanks
    2,128
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    And you have no argument. You make statements, but provide no evidence to support them. If you look at the root of your argument it has no basis. If I am floundering, (which I am not) you have been sunk if you can't provide even one piece of evidence to support your reasoning.

    Evolution's laws are based on self interest. Darwin proved this.
    I'm making no citations because I'm arguing with logic. You aren't.

    It's stupefying that you even think selfishness is a good concept on which to live for human society.
    Do you really think we would get anywhere if everybody only cared for their personal satisfaction?
    Do you realize the world is run by selfish people? And it's reason why we're getting nowhere?
    Do you realize that we would probably still be monkeys if it weren't the appearance of altruistic behaviour?

  36. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 123 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller_ View Post
    I'm making no citations because I'm arguing with logic. You aren't.

    It's stupefying that you even think selfishness is a good concept on which to live for human society.
    Do you really think we would get anywhere if everybody only cared for their personal satisfaction?
    Do you realize the world is run by selfish people? And it's reason why we're getting nowhere?
    Do you realize that we would probably still be monkeys if it weren't the appearance of altruistic behaviour?

    What's wrong with monkeys(apes?). Why are humans better than "monkeys" anyway?
    There is nowhere to go, so how can we get there?

  37. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,883
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Acting in self interest is an evolutionary trait. So is cooperation.

    Western society got where it's at with a lot of help from things that are out of human control.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3090480628280#
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00&hl=en&emb=1
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91&hl=en&emb=1

    Misplacedhippos, apes. Humans are part of the great apes. Gorillas, chimps and bonobo chimps are our closest relatives.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Children Fantasy illustrator looking for work
    By MSpanton in forum Artists Available for Work!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 1st, 2010, 11:48 PM
  2. Children's Illustrator Looking for more work!
    By ApolloNuevo in forum Artists Available for Work!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
  3. tied up
    By Finley in forum Art Critique Center
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
  4. Art: Children of India...(WORK ADDED 02/03/05)
    By lordarka in forum The Art of Photography
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 24th, 2005, 02:00 PM
  5. Artist Looking for Work (Children's Book/ Fantasy/ Concept Art)
    By dyoung in forum Artists Available for Work!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 27th, 2005, 09:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Designed by The Coldest Water, we build the coldest best water bottles, ice packs and best pillows.