Rendering by Dirk de Jongh
The release of V-Ray for SketchUp version 1.49.01 is now available and features SketchUp 8 support.
In addition to SketchUp 8 compatibility, V-Ray for SketchUp version 1.49.01 also includes the following fixes and changes:
- TexSky now uses values in the SunLight plugin, if one is specified.
Additional controls have been added to the SunLight so you can have full control over the behavior of the sun and sky when a sun is specified.
- Introduced "roughness" parameter to diffuse brdf.
- V-Ray Default Material is now called Standard.
- Fixed issue that would cause crash when attempting to load non-existent visopt/vismat file.
- Fixed issue where DRSpawner would crash if the computer went to sleep (OSX).
- Fixed issue where texture paths were not being corrected when they were being imported.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from saving from the VFB to a unicode file path.
Rendering by Lionel Spence
For those who are currently in the process of using the V-Ray for SketchUp demo, all demo activations have been reset so that the new build can be downloaded and installed.
All existing V-Ray for SketchUp customers can upgrade to version 1.49.01 free of charge.
For more information, please see the following: