Android Hidden Object game
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Android Hidden Object game

Hello,
    I am currently working on a 2D Hidden Object game for the Android platform.

The game will include up to 10 "rooms" where objects can be found, with at least 10 objects to find in each.

Images have to be in png or .xcf format, the rooms will be one picture with the objects to find being smaller pictures using transparency overlaid on top. Resolution for a single room is 1600x1200.

For example in the finished product, a toaster half hidden behind a refrigerator in a kitchen would consist of three seperate png images. 1. The kitchen (room), 2. the toaster (object to find), and 3. The refrigerator (a cover object the game engine lays on the topmost layer).

If you wish to submit an entire room in one file (must be .xcf), the objects that are meant to be found and the objects that are cover have to be in separate layers!

This game will be distributed for .99, but if the market is good I will be making other expansion packs for it, increasing the revenue.

Artist working on this project with me will get his name credited on the main screen of the game(mine will not be so yours will be the only one there.

Artist will be paid a share of 50% of the revenue.

To be clear, there is no guarantee of much pay. Don't expect to make more than $100 or so. While there is always a chance the game will bring in larger amounts of money, that is not a sure thing.

I can guarantee the game works as intended and is extremely polished. I have been beta testing the code with friends for a while, as I plan on making more games with this engine.

Also, if any artist here has a good idea for a Android app and is looking for a programmer, I would be happy to take a look at it and see if I can help as I am always looking for more experience coding for that platform

Thank you!

Last edited by Allough; February 7th, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Added detail
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I am making a 2D hidden object game for Android using a basic engine I coded myself.

Project Name: Hidden Treasures

Project Status: Demo finished and tested, working on final art

Needed: Concept artists to make backgrounds for the rooms.

I need 10 pictures, 1600 x 1200. They must be in png or xcf format.

Backgrounds need to look realistic and "busy", list of rooms are:
    1. Garage *Submitted*
    2. Library *Submitted*
    3. Mummy room, inside a pyramid *Still need*
    4. Inside Maya Temple *Still need*
    5. Cave *Submitted*
    6. City street *Submitted*
    7. Museum *Submitted*
    8. Basement (with either an old desk or an old chest in it) *Still need*
    9. Desert (with cactus and flowers, not the barren kind) *Submitted*
    10. One with a jungle theme *Submitted*

Here's a pic of the main menu.

How this works:
    I will be selling this game for .99 on the Android Market. For each background submitted that is accepted I will give the submitting artist a 3% share of the revenue (up to 30%) and their name in the game.
    *This is not guaranteed to be much, this may end up basically being a non-paying project. I will do my best to sell the game, but I cannot guarantee buyers. It will be polished with music, animations, and the best tech support I can provide.

Please send me a pm if your interested in doing the background for one or all of the rooms.
    Thank you for your time

Last edited by Allough; February 13th, 2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Changed details

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got one! Still need 9 more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Almost got them all!

I'm going to change it a bit, for number 3 and 4 you can have an immediate payout of $50 instead of waiting for a royalty.

I know its not much, but I'm on a very tight budget.

s_rarichards@clarion.edu if you would like to email me about one of these last three backgrounds left!

Members who have read this thread: 2