Sketchbook: Design Folio WIP

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Design Folio WIP

Hiya, I'm new to this whole thing so be gentle with me... I'm currently working on my portfolio for art school and needing input, plus I'm starting to do character designs again. Basiclly I've had a three year gap from creativity and want to get back into art. This is generaly what I got up to before I went insane and lived in a box:

Attached Images Attached Images                                          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kinky thanks once again for dropping by my sketchbook!

Yours are looking to go just fine here, you have a special style of your own it seems but you still are able to get some diversity up Quite alot of lady-drawings here

especially like the first alice "design" with the blue dress!

Have a look and criticize! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, yeah I find it hard to draw men... I can't seem to get that "butch" edge to my drawings XD.
    Be sure to watch out for my future stuff. I've got some dudes stashed away somewhere and a few Alice pinup sketches!

I was leaving anyway... have any of you got shoes?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...63#post2990763

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dragon Head

I've been procrastinating like mad recently. Not that I've been doing no art, but I've been to lazy to put it up here. Most recently I had a go at sculpting again after a few years of not even sniffing clay. This is what I used to do 24/7 so it's really nice to see I've not totally forgotten how to do it.

I used a picture as referance (http://www.bradvanneman.com/work/08_dragon_head.jpg) but as you can see it was only a loose ref. When I sculpt in clay (newplast being the weapon of choice) I try not to have to fixed an idea on what I want. Rather, I start with a basic idea and let the clay use my hands to form its'self.

Sometimes concepting in this way is less like "doing an art" and more like "art doing you".

I'm thinking of making a full dragon out of newplast over a wire armature using this model as a bit of insperation, if anybody else out there is looking to model in newplast I know a great website that sells it for cheap:
    http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/shop-onl...ling-clays.htm
    It's a great website for craft materials and I've not found anywhere cheaper.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok I will be gentle girl You must do some things in order to have a chance. Draw basic shapes quickly to free your hand and after that draw little harder shapes I mean vases statues and so on. After that draw nude figures from life - your friends or get an anatomy for artists. Any tutorial. And finally some coloring tutorials. Because at the moment you have : unsure hand and not clear shapes, bad coloring and poor anatomy.
    I hope this will help because it is the longest explanation I gave in this site

Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kitana_mk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kitana_mk View Post
    Ok I will be gentle girl You must do some things in order to have a chance. Draw basic shapes quickly to free your hand and after that draw little harder shapes I mean vases statues and so on. After that draw nude figures from life - your friends or get an anatomy for artists. Any tutorial. And finally some coloring tutorials. Because at the moment you have : unsure hand and not clear shapes, bad coloring and poor anatomy.
    I hope this will help because it is the longest explanation I gave in this site

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice. Atm I have a sketchbook full of newer drawings, I'm struggling to get them scanned into my computer to upload them here. It's been a while since I did any life drawing but I'll be doing lots of that in August when I start college. In the meantime I'll keep trying to draw my very figety partner! XD

Thanks for making me notice the obvious too... I have very very little drawing here apart from very quick messy concepts!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.