173 63.14%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Marijuana

I hope that this thread won't get me banned, be instantly locked, etc, but I am honestly just very curious. How many people within the artistic community smoke weed? You don't need to comment, just vote in the poll.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A good documentary on murjuawanna.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14414651731007

And keep in mind, those who choose to answer, the forums can be googled.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing I ever smoked one cigarette, which was given to me by my mother and I HAD to smoke it before her and later had all sorts of nasty nausea (which was the aim)...

No, never tried any drug other than alcohol and even on that I'm less and less keen as I get older and I really think people need to snap from this "Hey, it's normal to be a junkie" attitude, regardless if they're addicted to lawful or unlawful drugs or some substitutions.

-><-My sketchbook. Please, if you have time, crit as if your life depended on it.
    Or maybe check out my friends, they deserve it more.
    DeterminedAnimator | Naidy | Kalin | Leo_7 | saltfox | DanielsK5 | Lunatic Hermit
    Drawing group:
    "The fate of us all lies deep in the dark when time stands still at the Iron Hill."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jouzinka For This Useful Post:

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't need weed, I have art.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,878 Times in 2,354 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    THe problem with weed as I see it is it arrests your development emotionally for as long as you smoke it.

I am a child of the late sixties so I know my drugs and have taken most of them. I think the Bill Cosby quote sums drugs up the best. He was offered coke at a party and he said what does it do to you? The person said you just become more like what you already are. And Bill says what if you are an asshole?

Drug use retards creativity for the most part. It is great recreationally but sucks if you have deadlines to meet. Thats why most musicians go straight after awhile because it interferes with their growth creatively. Anyway just my two cents.

Last edited by dpaint; January 16th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CaW_ View Post

And keep in mind, those who choose to answer, the forums can be googled.
    Well I am encouraging people to simply use the poll, which is anonymous. My art school just happened to perk my curiosity due to the large amount of weedeaters there. I hope, anyway, that an employer won't say "ZOMG Jacob made a poll about pot four years ago, and we therefore won't hire him!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did try it (finally) after 30 years of being a teatotaller. I found it incredibly weird and my usual thirst for bloodshed and violence completely dissapeared to the point I couldn't even kill things in World of Warcraft. That was the second time. the first time I just sat there staring at things.

There is a lot that could be done with the actual high - I have a very experienced mentor in all of this who feels you should always use the high for something like art or writing or in our case, occult analysis. Alcohol seems to increase my poetic consciousness, which it is known historically to do, and marijuana seems to enhance visual sensory input without making my fine motor skills completely terrible.

So all in all I would say it is a very useful drug and it should be legalized. I don't really recognize our government as legitimately capable of making such proclamations about plants anyways - I don't think any native americans do.

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    "ZOMG Jacob made a poll about pot four years ago, and we therefore won't hire him!"

Hehe you never know... where you might be in a few years.

No smoking for me. I cough too easily anyways.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Well I am encouraging people to simply use the poll, which is anonymous. My art school just happened to perk my curiosity due to the large amount of weedeaters there. I hope, anyway, that an employer won't say "ZOMG Jacob made a poll about pot four years ago, and we therefore won't hire him!"
    It wasn't directed at you. Given how political the subject can be I figure it's only a matter of time before someone openly admits to drug use and spouts of about stuff that future employers might frown upon.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Dave_ is offline Fighting dwarves with keytars. Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm Dutch, what do you expect.

(Oh, and I'm still sane, fucntioning and out of prison btw )

(23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope and im not interested in trying any ether. I grew up with 4 years of the DARE program and 18 years of anti-drug parents basically chanting "Dont do drugs..." until it became embedded into my brain.

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've decided I don't deserve the comforts of being stoned or inebriated until I've achieved what I want.

I think this is a good stance.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yap i try it offten but i never really got adicted to it, also lol only 1 other guy voted the same as me xD

Click and see my Deviantart account http://ban---kai.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not rich enough to afford to get stoned or high

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think admitting you've smoked weed will hurt your career. Many famous people have admitted to smoking it, including some of the hypocrites in our government. Not unless you work for some kind of Nazi organization should it really be scrutinized harshly. People should be honest about what they do and to hell with the consequences. If everyone was honest we wouldn't have so many tragedies in the world. I don't fear any man's opinion or organization. If I did I would be a slave.

The high is very calming and relaxing - very similar to a lot of off the shelf herbs you can buy. There are herbal concoctions that are legal that mimic the feeling, though not with the same kind of sensory enhancement you get from it. Colors are more vivid. You feel good and happy, it's a terrible thing. If you look at cultures worldwide who are legally allowed to do shamanic drugs, like the saivite saddhu and saddhini of India, or the diverse tribes in the Peyote (mescaline) church, they are completely useless to corporate america.

What are you going to do with this fuck, sell him crap? Maybe convince him to buy lowfat soy yogurt imported from Greece? I'm sure he needs an iphone to keep him company:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Izi; January 16th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
    abrahadabra

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Izi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never smoked cigarettes, drank alcohol, or did any drugs of any kind. With the first, I never "got" the societal fascination with it. Never even tried it at the very least. Not even putting a blunt in between my lips and inhaling.

As for alcohol, never got it either. My aunt once told me that it was an acquired taste. I've tried drinking wine, beer, and various other alcoholic beverages, and I have no idea how people can drink them. It tastes like shit for me. So needless to say, I've never been drunk. Some might say that it's a curse, but I think of it as a blessing. I certainly don't want to come to in the middle of Hong Kong's Central district during morning rush hour butt naked and without memory of how I got there.

As for drugs, I grew up with the usual Govt. rhetoric about "All drugs are bad, mmmmkay?" And never touched the stuff. Hell, if you were to threaten my loved ones with death, and the only way to save them was to buy some drugs, I wouldn't even know where to go searching for them. I actually knew two people in my High School who were expelled for drugs. It was a great big taboo in our school.
    But anyway, my half brother grew marijuana for personal use in his home. Not sure if he still does, as he has a baby and a partner now, so he probably doesn't out of feelings and obligations of responsibility.
    What made me do a complete 180 when it comes to drugs was watching Penn & Teller's Bullshit! episode on the war on drugs. I actually think it's their best episode ever. And because of that, I'd like to dip my toe with trying Marijuana, but not anything else though (Thank you, Govt. mandated anti drug propaganda!). Governments around the world would claim that drugs are illegal because they are dangerous - but the very opposite is true. Drugs are dangerous because they are illegal in the first place. You make something illegal, and you drive it underground into the black market. And the only way to resolve disputes in a black market is through violence. I mean seriously, what are you gonna do? Go to the police?
    Unfortunately, we still haven't learned from America's Prohibition of alcohol...*sigh*

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art is all about reducing something to the absolutely essential, and I try and treat life the same way. And one of the easiest non essential things to not take part in is drugs.

"A drawing is not necessarily academic because it is thorough, but only because it is dead. Neither is a drawing necessarily academic because it is done in what is called a conventional style, any more than it is good because it is done in an unconventional style. The test is whether it has life and conveys genuine feeling."- Harold Speed
    [[Sketchbook]]

26. The Following User Says Thank You to The Pariano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally I'd like a choice of 'used to but not anymore'. I think it was a phase though I only have the best of memories from the times.

Last edited by nofu; January 17th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've never done any drugs but everyone thinks I'm high anyway.

I think I must have mind-altering substances built-in. Naturally whacked-out body chemistry has its little perks...

(And anyway, my brain goes haywire from perfectly normal food items, so I've never been tempted to try anything less legal than, say, chocolate.)

(Wait, I forgot, that's not quite true that I've never tried any drugs... the ghetto doctors did dope me up with Special K as a painkiller last time I went to the hospital, but they didn't tell me what it was until afterward. Stuff had the same effect as a bad reaction anyway. Nasty brown hallucinations. Blah.)

Weed, eh. Now, chocolate... that's good stuff, man.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenGwenevere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've read about it but never tried it. (Maybe I will...? Never had a reason to though.)

THC-free hemp nuts/seeds... Which are usually THC-free to begin with unless somehow breeded otherwise, need more love though. It's high in omega-3, which the average American diet lacks terribly. It also has fair amounts of protein and iron.

Bob's Red Mill has Hemp Protein Powder and regular Hulled Hemp Seeds. I got the hulled hemp seeds from Whole Foods and will buy more when I run out. Two tbsps is the normal serving size and usually enough to give you the benefits.

Some stores offer it in bulk and you can make hemp milk with it. Usually I find myself buying pre-made hemp milk (Tempt brand, usually) when it goes on sale.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingal View Post
    Nope and im not interested in trying any ether. I grew up with 4 years of the DARE program and 18 years of anti-drug parents basically chanting "Dont do drugs..." until it became embedded into my brain.
    You actually payed attention during D.A.R.E.?
    I just sat at my desk, ignored them, and drew lol.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never tried it and never will. I'm not smoking anything at all, which was kinda uncool in school since 80% of my classmates were smoking, but meh. None of my family, brother, cousins, parents, grandparents, their parents... none smokes. We are the no smoking family

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think smoking is a very popular form anymore, anyways as it is obsolete. Most people seem to be into vaping now. So maybe the poll should have been a bit more specific. Ingestion for example, does something completely different than the inhalation experience. it goes alot deeper and is pretty weird.

abrahadabra

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i have nothing to run away from

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    Ingestion for example, does something completely different than the inhalation experience. it goes alot deeper and is pretty weird.
    Ingestion = mixing a brush load of paint for about ten minutes because the song on your ipod sounds so much better all of a sudden. And then mixing the paint becomes a lot more interesting. And it feels right to move your whole body during painting.

Thank goodness I was doing a wall. I would have gone nuts trying to paint on a small canvas.

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never touched the bloody thing..probably never will...If I need to get high and off my rockers than I just take a gander at Coro's graphic novel.

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Pariano- Hell yeah!

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    When I was at uni I thought everyone smoked, most of my friends did and it was a culture shock at first. I tried it and it's pretty nice but like peeps have said it isn't conducive to getting anything done, even if it does highten your senses that's not much use if you can't physically be bothered to move.

I don't do it anymore, I like being productive, however the hardest thing was trying to give up tobacco (which I wouldn't have got into without trying weed) I managed it for a while but I can't have a drink without craving a cig, that is the worse drug in my opinion!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Intheuk View Post
    I managed it for a while but I can't have a drink without craving a cig, that is the worse drug in my opinion!
    Reason why I don't drink coffee anymorem, I just have to have a cig with it.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to nofu For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1