Results 1 to 30 of 32
Thread: LAICK sketchbook
January 14th, 2011 #1
Hi, I'm Lars
Artist, Musician and Cultural Scientist. I've been absent here at Ca for some time now, but recently got the itch again to really start putting out some work. So here's my first few tries from the past year or so.
Last edited by Spawn2; May 10th, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJanuary 18th, 2011 #2
Three new (daily) sketches to add.
Pity there are no reactions (yet...)
January 18th, 2011 #3
January 18th, 2011 #4
Your current sketches are quite fascinating, I myself am attempting to sketch out more realistic faces (I even checked out a book on facial expressions from the library), so what I've seen here is definitely inspiring. :] Perhaps you could try adding some color to a few of them? That might be fun.
I'd have to say my favorite is the one of the man yelling out, especially.
January 18th, 2011 #5Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Cool! I love your works
January 18th, 2011 #6
Thanks for the positive comments!
Well 'the man yelling out' is Frank Zappa, one of the greatest musicians
Really like your use of highlights Daflom !
January 26th, 2011 #7
Some more sketches...
February 23rd, 2011 #8
February 24th, 2011 #9
March 14th, 2011 #10
March 14th, 2011 #11
March 16th, 2011 #12
March 28th, 2011 #13
Great character studies. Cultural scientist goes great with this venue.
Funny about the rut thing you mentioned. I'm finding out that pacing is key to keeping things from mucking up in sketch studies.
Fill it up!
April 25th, 2011 #14
Posting some new stuff, finally.
I´ve made my first steps into the world of paint, trying to explore Alla Prima technique with the books of Al Gury and Juliette Aristides.
- a sketch of a boxer, taken from an album of photography.
- a sketch of Benjamin Herman, a musician I got to work with.
- Some more random pages from my sketchbook.
April 26th, 2011 #15
nice work in here man especially the Marlene Dietrich study not really sure if i can crit anything... just keep workin and posting
April 26th, 2011 #16
April 28th, 2011 #17
May 10th, 2011 #18
May 14th, 2011 #19
A small update on the 'Boy in the Bubble' painting. The likeness isn't very spot-on yet. And I've only been rendering the left side so far. Also I think there should be some more contrast en 'grit' to the painting; a little character.
Tell me what you think...
May 30th, 2011 #20
June 7th, 2011 #21
July 5th, 2011 #22
July 16th, 2011 #23
August 18th, 2011 #24
Update - August 2011
Some new stuff I have been working on,
Started 'painting' with the I-Pad to save some time. It really comes in handy to do digital illustrations and perform quick color studies.
To describe what's going on:
1. A head study of a native American woman.
2. Head study of Russian oriental art.
3. More Russian oriental art.
4. A head study of Michael Haneke - trying to work with charcoal and pastel.
5. Another head.
6. Shameless I-Pad colour study of Kevin Wueste's work.
7. Michael Haneke (digital) - it looks much darker here.
8. A sketch of 'Red Foreman' - from that's 70's show.
August 18th, 2011 #25
August 18th, 2011 #26
Well the portraits are something that I'm working on right now. Don't know if it's going to be my main thing really, it's more like excersizing for me. Really good portraiture is a rare thing, and I don't really like clichés. It's illustration in general that excites me.
I really love the work of Sebastian Krüger, but his depth in portraiture is just untouchable! Currently I hold a 'Master of Arts'-degree, but that's in art philosophy and policy
Browsed through your sketchbook too. Really good development going on there.
August 22nd, 2011 #27
November 1st, 2011 #28
Alright, a whole new update with works in traditional and digital media. Most of them are studies, or details of larger works.
1. Caricature/portrait for a local magazine.
2. My first sketches of my first art class a couple of weeks ago: assignment: drawing a model in one continuous line.
3. A little study with acrylics (trying to learn, not that good yet...)
4. A detail of my first painting for the art class, a depiction of a tango-dancing couple. There's too much 'happy colours' in there though.
5. My first portrait on the Ipad, about 1/2 hours work.
6. A nifty little sketch I made of Sebastian Krüger's 'Schwarzenegger portrait'.
7. My second sketch on the IPad, a still of a movie I am making with a couple of local 'creatives'.
8. Rephotographed the sketch I made of Vincent Price. really like that one. (made it at work...)
9. A painting I'm working on now, though it's been stale for a couple of weeks.
10. A random little sketch.
November 28th, 2011 #29
November 28th, 2011 #30
great sketches! i love your caricature...
my SB : http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185291
sketchblog : http://sally-wongso.blogspot.com/